1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Definition of Steal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Aug 12, 2012.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

steal v. , stole , stolen , stealing , steals . v.tr. To take something furtively: to take or get something secretly, surreptitiously, or through trickery

Terrence Jones:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...es-could-see-stock-drop-if-he-doesnt-turn-pro
    Steal

Donatas Motiejunas: http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/dc2010_dontas_montiejunas.html
    Steal

Jeremy Lamb:
    Steal

Morey is a thug!!:grin:

2 people like this.
  2. joesr

joesr Member

I just want the season to start, at least training camp, gosh

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

Is it Krystal Steal or Krystal Steel?

3 people like this.
  4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

5. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

"Morey is a thug!!"

It definitely looks that way so far. I'm hoping Dmo, Jones, and Lamb spend the next 2 months hitting the gym hard! Royce too.

After having watched them against their peers, all these guys could have realistically gone in the top 10 this year. Royce would have been borderline, but I think you could still make an argument. I almost wish I could hibernate for 2 months :p

6. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Do you do this in real life too? Finding what you want to hear and taking it out of context.

"Hey that girl smiled at me! She wants the buttsecks from the postbadlee!"

I want these guys to do well too. Just wait until the season actually starts, man.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Buttsexlee?

1 person likes this.
  8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yes.:grin:

9. rocketseagles07

My god you guys obsession with Morey kills me. I hope for you guys sake we start playing well so he doesn't get fired because I'd be worried about some of y'alls mental state if we got rid of him.....

10. rocketsmetalspd

It will be nice to see the production on the court this season for this coming season. I am very excited to get this season going because this team will surprise a lot of nay sayers on this BBS.

11. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Patrick patterson
    Marcus Morris
    Joey Dorsey
    Jermaine Taylor

Morey is solid to really good. Not bone thuggish good yet.

13. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

I worry about players hitting the gym too hard and it throwing off their shot, hurting their movement, restricting their movement. Look at Lamb, everyone says he needs to bulk up, and he could definitely use some more muscle/weight, but if it throws off his shot, oh man. please don't let it effect his shot.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Meh, bleacher report article.

15. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Lakers are rapist

3 people like this.
  16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Morris and patterson don't belong in that list yet, give them 2 more seasons.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

He just the team a 7 foot defensive young stud and earned his boss major $$$ via Linsanity. I'd be worried about Les Alexander's mental state if he fired Morey after all his awesome moves this offseason.

18. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Remember when everybody was mad that Morey couldn't trade all those draft picks to get Andre Drummond? Boy summer leauge changes things. I read a piece on Drummond on epsn somewhere and it said the Pistons was shocked when they learned he didn't understand the basic basketball terminologys.

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Indeed, but wait a few years, and it may very well look bad again. Drummond is a great bet at #9 IMO. At #2, maybe it's too risky. But #9..... the Pistons have silently been very shrewd over the last 3 years.

IIRC, he doesn't understand many team defense concepts.

like, what do you do when you are in one spot or another versus PnR, and what could put your team in trouble.

he wasn't taught them - or he forgot.
    It could very easily be a bit of both.
    I mean, if a guy gets you 7 blocks and 4 steals a game in school... because he's so dominant physically..... and you are his HS coach.... do you focus teaching him defense? Do you focus teaching him where to move within team defense?
    Maybe, if you care about his future. But for your team it's not so important. Just let him roam in the paint, and dominate.

From what i read, he's a fast learner. He's smart. He's just far away.
    So in the end, it probably doesn't really matter much.

20. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

Steal*

Would rep if I could.