1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Death of Nex Benedict

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DFWRocket, Feb 20, 2024.

1. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I took both of those yesterday. Definitely wouldn't assume they could kill me.

Hard to call a possible suicide as vindication for any of those claiming it.

FranchiseBlade, ROCKSS and Nook like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

Yet again this is purposely inaccurate. He cut out the first 15 minutes of the interview where she talked about them harassing her for days at ISP and actually she and these girls had gotten in trouble before concerning vaping and arguing a few days before.

This is patently FALSE and anyone that has to lie, like this Twitter poster, about a 16 year old child because she claims she is non binary is a complete POS.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think even sadder than the lies about the lying and dishonesty is that there is the motivation to be dishonest and lie about it and even sadder still is that there is an audience for such lies and dishonesty.

Even if she definitely committed suicide, the fact that the victim of harassment and bullies decided to kill themselves isn't really a win for the anti-trans folks.

ROCKSS, rocketsjudoka and Nook like this.
  4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I could see this genderqueer kid instigating a fight and killing themselves afterwords. I could see a group of kids beating the **** of our a genderqueer kid for the sake of beating the **** out of them. I could see something happening in the middle.

What I don’t get is why this became more the a local story. Bullying sucks but it’s a fact of life in social environments like school.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah - you can die from it, even in small amounts. Most the time when someone overdoses it is because they take a lot on purpose. However - not always. Ambien and depression medicine coupled with even Benadryl can kill you or cause a reaction such as shallow breathing that can result in death.

I have had people come to my office before claiming they cannot collect on their loved one’s death policies because an over zealous medical examiner doesn’t label the cause as “accidental overdose” or even “overdose” but labels it “suicide”….

I have to go get the toxicology report - hire a toxicologist that defines the amount of each substance in the blood and whether that is consistent with suicide or user error or a reaction…. A lot of times someone will forget they took their antidepressant in the morning, and take it again at night… then during the day consume caffeine like coffee and coke and maybe even a caffeine pill… then at night they take an adult dose of Benadryl and Ambien and cannot fall asleep, so they try more one more Benadryl thinking it’s safe or maybe a glass of wine - they fall asleep and never wake up… and at the end of the day they put nothing illegal in their body and dying never crossed their minds.

I don’t know - it is possible that this girl purposely just slammed a lot of her anti-depressants and Benadryl… people have tried to die from Tylenol and Advil before…. But the norm is for someone to take something that is more certain to cause death if it’s intentional.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Space Ghost and tinman like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

There is a market and some know that the video clip is not accurate - but most people do not. Maybe someone finds LGBTQ+ weird or has real issues with gender surgery… then they see a video like that and they believe it’s a conspiracy- when it isn’t.

There are enough issues in the world without creating more. I was very hard on the left for exaggerating the amount of research on post operation trans gendered people and children that are operated on… some trans advocates would just say “all the research” and label anyone that pointed out it was a lie as a bigot.

This is no different- this Twitter account purposely lied about the facts and omitted parts of the video to minimize what happened and make it look like it was extremist woke rhetoric. The specific examples he relied on was purposely presented inaccurate and his account should be closed.

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The kids would’ve beat the **** out of the dead kid irrespective of what Libs of TikTok or any similar account was posting.

That account is just a modern day Gossip microblog targeting and amplifying the most extreme queer and minority takes on TikTok to paint all of them with a very broad brush to discredit them all. It’s like discrediting zionists because some Rabbi calls for killing all of all Goyim as was prescribed in the Torah or discrediting Republicanism because some evangelical Christian Nationalist is calling for a Christian Theocracy and to kill all first born.

But even your colleague Ronny D is tired of the account’s ****-raking.

DeSantis starts spat with Libs of TikTok
    “Truth shouldn’t be a casualty of attempts to generate clicks and engagement farm,” the governor posted.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/13/desantis-libs-tiktok-feud-00146843

9. Nook

Nook Member

This has all the elements to be a huge story and rile up both extremes on the issue of gender-queer topics.

You have the Oklahoma School Superintendent openly attack LGBTQ + causes and claim that the left “woke” agenda is destroying schools. He then puts on a social media person with a TikTok that has one purpose - going at liberals on the board. You have a state that is in the bottom five for LGBTQ rights.

You have an outspoken - non binary 16 year old that claims she was beaten and those they beat her should go to jail. You have her admitting to throwing water on them right before the 3 of them stomped her out…. You have a school that did not do anything about it… an outspoken mom that went to the media…. You have a death and real questions over all of it.

Of course this is a big story… it hits on a lot of things and people on any side of the issues can point to some evidence to support their position.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Agreed - I find the account to be hateful and negative (to be fair a lot of the people they make fun of are hateful and negative too) …. I have zero interest in doom scrolling hate …. But it is impossible to link this particular account to what happened…. What happened is some very imbedded in the far left just REALLY hate this creator and want to cancel her by linking her to what happened because she has made comments on this school before and knows the super intendant.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did conservatives like libsofticktoc contribute to her death?

Absolutely.

One way or another - the vitriol towards the LBGT community by the sources certainly contributes the the bullying of vulnerable children. Whether the death was from trauma, suicide, or treating major depression incorrectly - they all have their root in bullying.

It's a shame that the right is using children in its culture war battles. Get a f*&king life.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Prozac and Benadryl

Taking Prozac at that age ?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

@Nook raised concerns about how they determined it was a suicide. Regardless, LGBTQ+ youth, especially transgender individuals, have significantly higher rates of suicide. If you genuinely care about them, consider providing support, such as funding for mental health programs in schools. If not, how about just refrain from interfering with their lives through authoritarian state mandates (see FL and TX as some examples) and simply walk away.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

We knew that - they have not released the toxicology report yet that will contain the amount of each substance in her blood stream.

If she has 5-10X times the proper dose then it is clearly suicide - if she has twice, then it is very likely not suicide.

The medical examiner is allowed to make a finding on their opinion of death - but that is all it is, and it can be wrong at times - it is an opinion and nothing more.

So lets see what the science says - and I say that as someone that has no real opinion on what caused her death. I just have an issue with a medical examiner providing their opinion on cause of death prior to releasing the toxicology report and autopsy report.

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Ridiculous.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

17. Xopher

Xopher Member

Yeah they really have higher rates of suicide after being harassed for days and getting their ass beat by 3 people.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is the parents fault
    this kid wouldn’t be on antidepressants if they told him he’s not a girl
    Thus he wouldn’t be attacked my girls in the girls bathroom

and wouldn’t be on antidepressants as a teenager

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The real reason for the poor kid's suicide.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Sexual abuse at an early she can def cause gender/sexual identity changes due to arrested development.

I hope Nex found their peace and none of this is ever cut and dried as everyone's lives and pasts are rarely "normal"