1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Day Harden Lost the City of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Nov 14, 2015.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Just typical Clutchfans...

It's a whole team clusterf***. Not just Harden. It's a team-wide embarrassment.

2. kcarro

kcarro Member

Coaching is one of our biggest problems but James Harden mailed this one in. He gave no effort tonight. There is no excuse for that

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

quits way too often.

Thats never cool, and its very difficult for me to support a player that can't even give a ****.

4. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

An attitude is something completely different from bad play or missed shots.

5. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

I completely agree. There is no excuse.

That being said, he is still very young. He is at a point in his career where he needs guidance and someone to light a fire into him when he pulls this crap. Someone that isn't afraid to sit his ass on the bench when he mails it in on the defensive end. When baskets aren't falling, defense is where you can still make an impact. With James, he just quits trying if his shots aren't falling.

Tom Thibodeau undoubtedly fixes all of this.

6. ibm

ibm Member

quit on harden? i dont know how... since i never had any hope on him to bring this city a trophy to begin with.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I just drove a loop around 610 - people were burning his jersey. It was epic.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is a very fair criticism.

9. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

if he scored 40, would it change the fact that mchale is a garbage coach

we are not winning a title with mchale

10. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

this city deserves that bum j.j. watt

11. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I'd rather him score 16 every night and play with a winning attitude/ try on D.

Him scoring 40 every other night does absolutely nothing and only shows that the future is bleak.

12. chandlerbang21

I'm sorry but no one shows loyalty to a millionaire basketball player that doesn't even know your name. And if you only care about individual players you might as well leave

13. chandlerbang21

I also can't win a title with James Harden relying on the refs whistles for majority of his points. These are professional basketball players. They should not need the coach to hold their hand. A player that doesn't put forth effort on both sides of the floor should be riding the bench. There's nothing on the bench to replace a competent starter with

14. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

if harden scored 16 every night for the money we are paying him, you all would be drilling him even more, look at chandler parsons a player who makes more than harden... is a scrub and mavs fans hate his contract, but he was and is still called chandsome to this day... i know where some of this hate comes from but im not gonna go there... There is no excuse for hate like this, when we probably a top 5 player in the league and its obvious we have a bottom 2 coach

15. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

we got further in the playoffs last year with him playing that way than any other rockets player on it not name hakeem

16. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

Harden and Correa have a better chance of bringing Houston a title before Jay Jay Watt and the loser Texans do lol

17. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

This!

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I have to agree with some other posters .... I've never been "sold" on Harden. I've never had that comfort level where you have minimum expectations for someone and know they're going to meet them.

I was even 'comfortable' with TMac until the infamous 2008 season. You knew the game he would bring every night.

Harden has always been an enigmatic personality with poor body language and sometimes when he has 40 points I come away shocked since most of them came from poor ISO plays and dribbling out the shot clock.

This is undoubtedly related to McHale's coaching style, so I'm willing to give Harden (several) more chances.

That being said, I really enjoyed the Grantland article that explained why TMac was a transcendental talent but never would be an "alpha dog". I see the same in Harden. As it stands, he's the top-of-the-line, luxury sedan version of Kevin Martin.

19. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

You need to be patient to change the attitude of a kid, that's fully understandable.

But when you are facing the same sue with an adult, and he is even supposed to be your franchise hope and leader, this is just a joke.

20. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Its really not about quiting on Harden, or even the team for that matter. Its about recognizing that Harden and some other member of the team are mailing it in defensively and are giving nearly zero effort focus and intensity.

Its about recognizing that Harden as well as a few others are basically turnstile on defense, letting their man waltz by them to the rim. Or that Harden loses his man continuously on defense to back cuts... not once or twice but three times to Devin Harris alone in tonights game.

Great players are great not only because of their skill, talent and athletic abilities, they are also great due to their mentality, focus and EFFORT, the latter three of which Harden has completely neglected much of this season.