1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Day Harden Lost the City of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Nov 14, 2015.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

How you could be watching games and defending Harden's complete lack of effort is a mystery to me.

Even Clyde and Bill are audibly fed the hell up. That's how you KNOW it's bad.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This ****ing clown.

3. ibm

ibm Member

what does a new pg have to do with effort (or the lack thereof) on defense?

4. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Sure. I agree, his effort stinks. Not defending it, never did. Just not ready to declare the sky is falling.

What is a mystery to me is that we are looking at a stretch of ~10 games, and some folks are ready to turn on our franchise player. If we want to attract any significant FA's ever, we need to have one of those.

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

How about that new girlfriend of his. That's a disease.

6. Houston22

Houston22 Member

Look guys, no worries.
    Defense wins games, offense wins championships.

:)

7. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Those calling for him to be traded are extremists, I'd say. I don't think most rational fans are on that train. But I do think it's fair to say that (1) it starts with him, and (2) right now, he is a TERRIBLE example for the rest of the team. This time last season, he was busting his ass out there on both ends. We saw it and more importantly, his teammates saw it and were willing to run through a wall for him because of it. No more.

8. Karolik

Karolik Member

Harden making backdoor cuts...:eek: Must've just been someone with the same name.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Harden is still a 26 year old superstar, he didn't just get lucky for 3 whole seasons. His points assist, rebounds, steals, FT attempts are all there, his defense and shooting efficiency has just been trash. Which means he isn't focusing properly right now.

This team is a utter mess and I'd be for a shake up but l don't see any chance of a dramatic move happening this season.

As I see it for this season, probably very little will be done. Maybe a small deadline deal moving Jones or Motie for a expiring and pick because both are expiring.

Depending on how much of a disaster this season ends up being I do see a chance of McHale getting fired, possibly around the ASW break but I personally don't see him being fired until the off season if he is fired at all.

The off season will be interesting though because if this season does truly go to TOTAL **** we have the ability to drop Lawson/Howard/Jones/Dmo in FA, let McHale go, trade our vets with a possible attempt to totally rehual the roster around Harden with a new coach and new system through free agency.

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

There are only two words needed to describe this thread: melodramatic nonsense.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lamar Odom's career suddenly went to the tank after Khloe, lack of any effort on court when he played in Dallas.

12. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

We can only hope that we end up like the Cavs last year after not having chemistry in the first half of the season. Or that we end up like Miami during their first year together. Although, the common element in those teams were Lebron... Sigh..

13. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

So with that logic, we'll win no game or chips...:mad:

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Oh yea he does, all people have to do is report you for trolling. Haven't been here long enough to call members that been here for years Lin only fans.

And Harden is bringing this on himself so you can defend all you want. But facts are facts

15. chandlerbang21

Hopefully you will leave as well. You trying to defend harden in every thread and trolling other posters is getting tiresome.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

and who are you exactly in this world of insects? an anonymous bug that lives his life under a pseudonym.

;) and you were saying?

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I had a feeling last season would be his best overall in his career and so far I am right.

He just had too many distractions this summer.

1. b****ing and whining about Curry winning MVP despite it being a deserved MVP
    2. Going Hollywood and getting into the Khloe and Kardashian drama
    3. Repeatedly focusing and talking about his marketing and growing brand

But but but he was a gym rat all off season and worked hard on his game and didn't have any off court distractions - J Sizzle

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not care if he has lost me or not.... what is highly critical is that he had only 16 games today against a mediocre Celtics Team

How far can he fall or has he given up on the regular season.... there will be no Playoff heroics without a Playoff ticket, Mr. Haren.....

19. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

harden2capela is getting decimated right now lol

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If this season goes up in flames, but management waits til next summer to fire McHale, they're gonna be writing off next year as well and possibly even more after that. Dwight will bolt. Other players(Ariza for sure) will demand trades. Luckily D-Mo and T-Jones are restricted free agents, but with the cap going up who knows what kind of deal they'll be forced to match in order to hang onto one of them(they won't be able to resign both). And you can forget about any big name free agents coming here. Durant ain't leaving OKC for a lottery team.

About the only positives from a wasted 2015-16 season will be that you still have Harden under contract(and a cheap one at that) for 2 more years, plus the first rounder you owe Denver is protected, so at least you'll get a high draft pick in June. But the team will still be back to rebuilding unless they get very luck either with the ping pong balls or in free agency.