1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The David Carr "Well Wishes" Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by msn, Mar 22, 2007.

1. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

sorry for the o-line.

I hope the years were losing were an adequate punishment for the cowboys.

But good luck in w/e ur endeavors are.

2. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Good riddance, you worthless piece of crap. Its because the Texans kept you one extra year ( 3 in my mind) and cost them to pass on Vince Young.
    I dont see myself ever being able to root for my hometown team again.

Luv Ya Blue had the chance to be reborn and it was denied.

I HATE YOU DAVID CARR
    I HATE YOU HOUSTON TEXANS

I have been a Titans fan since they left Houston and will always be one now.

I HATE YOU DAVID CARR!

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

that was classy.

i'm a pretty classless person, but i don't think i would have done that.

4. Party Pizza

Party Pizza Member

Did kindergarten get out early today?

5. superden

superden Contributing Member

...ANNNNNND back on topic.

Thanks for the TD "celebrations" that got fined. It amused me :)

6. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Congrats on a real douch post! Start a "were not gonna miss you loser" thread instead of trashing our team and slurping VY and Bud at the same time.

Why don't you move to Nashville, just don't hangout around Packman

7. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

now see if i started another thread, id get bashed for that....this was my best opportunity to voice my opinion. I do enjoy seeing everyone get upset over it too and make personal attacks.

bring on the lame responses texans fans!

8. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I do expect him to do better somewhere else...I just wish he'd give me my money back for his stupid jersey...

9. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

thank you for your support. we won't be miss ya since you'll always hang around, but we're glad the Texans make you so emotional.

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't believe it is within your realm of comprehension to understand what Luv Ya Blue was really about.

And somehow I doubt you were part of our fair town during that magical time.

No offense to everyone else,but it also doesn't surprise me that your a Titans and UT fan too.

I don't suppose that it would help to point out that Mario played injured all year...and is only 22.The guy is going to be a monster.

And another thing,why do people feel the need to bring up Vince Young every damn day?To say"I told you so"?...Anyway,it's bad form.
    Just move on.

With regards to David Carr,
    I feel things would have worked out differently if he had an offensive line and a good coach.(Capers was very lacking in many areas)
    During that first preseason game, DC stepped up in the pocket full of confidence and drilled a bomb right on Bradford's numbers(which he dropped).He looked to be just what the doctor ordered.But the pounding Carr's taken on and off the field has taken it's toll.Without a doubt it's time to move on....I wish him the best.

#30 Plowman, Mar 22, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2007
  11. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

b/c he thinks his Jesus is the only player ever that could turn a franchise around.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I thought they blocked this site at elementary schools. :confused:

It's nap time, Davey. Somewun's a wittle tiwred.

13. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

yep, a douchebag alright. :rolleyes:

David has failed here, but the Texans failed him too. Too bad, he is a standup guy. :(

14. msn

msn Member

Hey, we made it 20 posts anyway--an entire page! Pile on the idiots elsewhere; it only helps them de-rail the thread.

15. Poloshirtbandit

I think there were one or two games he was injured in. I remember the game where Vick came back from a major injury vs. Texans and Carr was playing injured after Tony Banks got hurt.

16. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

David,

Thanks for your time here in Houston and while it has become the time to part, I want to say you had my support even though this is for the best. (I live in Nashville, but the Texans are still my football team)

You had my support mainly due to your character and your mannerism when the signs pointed a change was needed more and more till it happened.

I respect that, and wish you the best. I hope you will latch on somewhere and turn things around performance wise.

ROXRAN

17. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

he never played against the panthers. do you maybe mean the jacksonville game when they went for the TD instead of the FG? cause it wasn't battle red day........... boy, you REALLY hated carr, didn't you? :)

i wish the colts had been the final game of the year - dallas/indianapolis would have been a nice bookend... granted, bookends for mostly ****, but....

18. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Dear David Carr,

Thank you for your service. Thank you for never complaining, always getting back up, never throwing your teammates under the bus, and the occasional bright spot. Most of all, thank you for being part of bringing football back to Houston. I really respect you as a man. We're really sorry for the line. We're really sorry about Dom Capers and Charlie Casserly. Honestly, we're really sorry for picking you and then giving you the extension last year. You weren't right for the Texans, and the Texans weren't right for you. I hope you get a better situation next. If the Raiders, Dolphins, or whoever doesn't work out, I'd love to come watch you play for the Gamblers.

Sincerely,

Wes

19. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member