1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Curious Case of Donatas Motiejunas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by donatas, Nov 20, 2013.

1. HTM

HTM Member

thought he looked pretty terrible tonight tbh..... I mean, so did everybody.... but D-Mo is the one who really needs to impress when he is given a chance.

2. donatas

donatas Member

He was only out there for like 5 min and only touched the ball once, pathetic coaching is pathetic but I guess he does have to work twice as hard than the other players to see some action given his position in the depth chart.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

How the **** can Asik be out and DMo not play much....and shockingly our offense sucked balls.

Sometimes, I think McHale is just not that smart.

DD

4. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

What are you talking about? Dmo didn't look terrible at all. He played good for the little bit of time he had. On offense he made a great move a got a good look and just missed the shot. When you get one shot every two weeks it's hard to be in a good rhythm. They should have gave him the ball more in the post.

5. RytasPadarytas

RytasPadarytas New Member

There is literally no scenario that would allow DMo to see any quality time on the court this season. That one game when he shot the light off in ~16minutes (season best) earned him just ~10 minutes in the next game and after that he got benched again with 0 minutes. If TJones was injured last night too, Dwight would have played 44 minutes, Casspi 40 (including 4 minutes at center), Garcia 40 (including 10+ minutes at PF).
    I swear... Trade that poor Euro, he didn't deserve to be treated like that. McHale, you are ruining his career.

6. allaroundplayer

They need to start D-Mo the next game. All the post-ups which Dwight gets run those plays for D-Mo. Let Dwight fight for the offensive rebounds. Closer shots result in shorter rebounds, so there will be plenty of opportunities. If D-Mo starts making shots that's a bonus. As much of a struggle which Dwight has been having, McHale has practically made no changes. This is the change which they need to try. See if D-Mo & Dwight can find some chemistry. D-Mo has one of the highest basketball IQs on the team. The preseaon game that D-Mo started, this combination seemed to have potential. I know everybody has been harping on the problems on defense, but this team also has problems on offense. If this move could improve the offense, there may be a carry over effect to the other end of the court. I also know Jones has been playing well and doesn't deserve to lose his starting job, but I just think it is time to try something new, to shake things up.

1 person likes this.
  7. Normalus

Normalus Member

His D was pretty good I thought

8. CP30

CP30 Member

I'm a pretty big fan of Motiejunas and think he has a lot of potential, but I think it's a huge stretch to blame the coaching on his lack of playing time...

He had a pretty bad second half of the season last year, and has only had one good showing this season.

McHale typically plays those when they are performing well (T-Jones) when given the opportunity (even if it's limited). Motiejunas is simply not doing that.

9. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

D-Mo has a couple of NBA highlights for a guy that only averages 3 points per game.

10. NotChandlerParsons

Plus, there was no ;-PPPPPPPPPPPPPP

11. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I think you should be the coach. If Dmo had the chance to get the ball in the post the way Howard does I think he would be shooting a higher percentage than Howard.

12. hltiki

hltiki Member

Does no one on the rocket's coaching staff see dmo's post abilities? wtf? are they just pandering to their superstars?!?!

you want a post presence right? THERE IT MUTHA ****IN IS!!!

13. allaroundplayer

Another thing they could run with D-Mo is pick and pop, setting a pick & then get the pass for a 12-17 foot shot. That's easy points.

But no. The Rockets don't run that play because Morey's stupid stats say it's not a high percentage shot.

Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Who is Donatas Motiejunas?

15. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

It is tough for any player to sit on the bench and come in rarely to perform.

I think it may be better to use him 7-8 minutes a game at the 4. Use Casspi a little more at the 3 and less at the 4.

If he is at the 4 next to Asik in the second unit he will perform better rather than being at the 5.

He is still important because it means we can still attach Jones to Asik in a deal for a big name 4 (1 of 3 potential options)

16. Progs

Progs Member

Wow!!! He really needs to play.

1 person likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is coming alive......

18. basketballholic

No. Not the 4. He needs to be at the 5. Can't shoot. Is the largest human being on this roster with Asik gone. And he found out for himself that he can be physical and bang and make a difference.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Still need a veteran C for insurance......
    why brewer???

20. basketballholic

Brewer still here for trade flexibility. Will probably be gone by Jan. 19th or Feb. 20th.