1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Curious Case of Donatas Motiejunas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by donatas, Nov 20, 2013.

1. JBar

JBar Rookie

I prefer to call them DMOOFs

2. JBar

JBar Rookie

*pronounced as one syllable

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah because Dalembert is an offensive force, and Asik shut him down.

The team is better with Dmo on the floor overall than with Asik.

Look at the team's record when Asik plays a lot, he is a lessor version of Howard, MUCH lessor - redundant....the team is better off without him as long as Howard plays.

Dmo adds contrast to that and more flexibility, Asik makes us less.

DD

4. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I think your point that DMo adds contrast is a very good one. He is the only player on the Rockets with back to the basket post skills and it seems like a real waste not to use him.

5. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

Yeah, I don't know, that Dwight Howard dude seemed to do pretty well yesterday. When he is not doubled, he is pretty good.

He wouldn't be on the floor to stop Dalembert. He would be there to protect the basket and rebound. Something D-Mo hasn't shown to be able to do.

"You need a guy who can defend the rim and rebound at the five or you are dead." -Daryl Morey

#45 saintja2, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  6. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

You're right Howard was good. I said back to the basket post player.

7. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I agree whole heartedly, however McHale WANTS ASIK IN THE LINEUP!! It's obvious; the TT experiment and the recent incretion in the lineup after his recent illness:rolleyes:

If he needs to have a 2nd unit, it needs to consist of Omer, D-Mo, Casspi, Garcia and Lin.

8. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

In a game lastnight where not much defence was played, dmo would of been the smarter option. Having asik in the game pretty much makes us playing 4 on 5 on the offensive end. Asiks defensive effort could of easily been matched by dmo because as I said not much defence was played.

9. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

DMo needs more minutes. He is a team player, always hustling, and never hogs the ball. This attribute can never be underestimated. I thought Casspi was this way too until I saw his ballhogging plays. The problem is that when you ballstop or hog, it not only destroys the possession but gets contagious, which will destroy possession after possession and disincentivize off-ball movement, screens, and passing.

10. donatas

donatas Member

Dmo is so good on the Offensive end to not be playing.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The Rockets will continue to lose close games if they do not have everyone chipping in. It was stupid of McHale not to put D-Mo in last night. He could have very well contributed.

1 person likes this.
  12. donatas

donatas Member

Agree 100%

13. mollamar

mollamar Contributing Member

So you joined a week ago, have 115 posts and can create threads?

14. Zalgiris

Zalgiris Member

15. donatas

donatas Member

:confused:

16. donatas

donatas Member

Hopefully McHale plays Dmo instead of Asik in the 2nd half. Team needs Offense.

17. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Asik is a strong defender at protecting the paint and hitting the glass. Dmo is weak in that area, until he is stronger and can defend he is not a 5. Our defense is bad enough as it is, we can't afford it to be worse.

If anything we give Gracia less minutes, play Casspi a bit more at the 3 and add Dmo to the rotation.

18. timyeung

timyeung Member

Dmo's got great post moves while Dwight has great defense.
    Dmo should teach Dwight post moves while Dwight should teach Dmo how to defend.

19. nomangame

nomangame Member

I totally agree with you man:)

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

Dwight will never have the grace and agility of DMo, and DMo will never have the strength, wingspan, and leaping ability of Dwight. It's not really a matter of teaching so much as it's a matter of them having different physical gifts.