1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Curious Case of Donatas Motiejunas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by donatas, Nov 20, 2013.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I like Garcia but won't mind him being traded in a package to get back someone who is a younger 3 and D.

2. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I think DMo needs to play the backup to TJones. Casspi can play at the 3.

3. OCBlast

OCBlast Member

playing well lately ...
    when were the last times he played?

4. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

McHale isn't really great on substitutions or management of minutes during the regular season for starters without injuries or really liking the player. Most likely scenario is that Motiejunas is back in McHale's dog house for something or not meshing with the preferred players.

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Everybody gets on Dmo's D but I would have like to see him get some second unit minutes on Dirk, simply because he is 7 feet tall. As soon as Garcia buzzed in Dirk was back up salivating. (man that big ***** can shoot)

6. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

AGREE, AGREE, AGREE!! MHale has too much talent and he doesn't know how to handle it......THE FIRST RULE OF SUCCESS IS, IF IT'S NOT BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!!!!! WHY ON EARTH DID HE HAVE TO PUT OMER IN THE GAME.

The team was clicking against Boston and in the first have against Dallas, he brings in Omer and the 2nd unit slows down. The Boys want to run and gun.....THAT IS D-MO'S GAME!!!!DAMIT

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He shouldn't even be on Dirk to begin with. Garcia's Offense is nearly non existent the last 9 games.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dmo should have played the team is better with him on the floor than with Asik.

DD

9. Zalgiris

Zalgiris Member

DMo looks horrible on D, but it's not his fault. Well, mostly not his. He played PF all his life and now McHale drops him to play center out of the blue, after benching him for first 10 games of the season. 1 - he's out of shape 2 - his 1on1 D isn't that bad, but how on earth is he supposed to be good help defender under the basket, know when and where to move when he hasn't played with these guys for like a month or so.
    Jones is another story, because he's not forced to play out of his position and he plays alongside Dwight, so every opponent is afraid of Howard and doesn't pay much attention to Jones, so Terrence is using it so far. But teams will adjust

10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Dmo should have played with that second unit. You have Asik, Garcia, Casspi, Lin and Bev.

What's missing?

An inside scoring option. And it's not like the second unit was having a great shooting night. Mchale seems to have a problem thinking outside the box. Help that second unit out and give them an actual post option.

And you can still play Asik. Pull Garcia who is bringing nothing to the table. Or pull Bev for a little while. Mchale has tools in his toolbox that he doesn't know how to use. Given dmo's post game there is no reason not to play him.

And I know someone will say defense. Oh yeah? Well how did that work out last night?

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Here come the DMo only fans. :grin:

12. HOUSTONROCKETS5

D-Mo isn't a center, he's a natural PF IMO.

I agree with some of you in that we need to reduce Garcia's minutes, and move Casspi as the primary back up 3, and have D-Mo take up the back up 4 minutes.

IMO what he brings to the offensive end, with post ups and passing, out weigh his defense deficiencies. I believe a primary lineup of Lin/ Beverly / Casspi / D-Mo / Asik would make for a much better balance bench, with a better scoring punch.

13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Attack of the MOFs.... ushering in a new era in Clutchfans irritation....

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Poll: DMo is not playing more because
    1. He has been DMo-ted.
    2. He fits better on the bench.

15. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

I've been wondering if Dwight Howard can "catch" Dmo yet?

[​IMG]

16. Zalgiris

Zalgiris Member

7 footers don't have special bench seats, modified to their size, they sit same as 5 footers. For DMo to sit 10 games in a row, 3 hours a game on that tiny uncomfortable bench must be a nightmare. I wonder how is he not cutting his legs off yet. Such a horrible pain. :confused:

17. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Playing DMo at center over Asik is just stupid. The difference in defense versus offense clearly weighs in Asik's favor. But that doesn't mean Dmo should not have gotten minutes. I think Dmo deserves some of PF's minutes.

Yeah TJones has been playing very well and Casspi played well last night but neither could stop Dirk. DMo has played Dirk very well in the past to the point of frustrating him. His size is a factor and if McHale had any long term memory outside of what you did the quarter before he would have put DMo on Dirk for at least a portion of the 4th quarter.

DMo is not strong enough to play center but he is tall fast and too good of an offensive player to not get some minutes. Casspi has his role off the bench but there are some situations that the team would be better served to play DMo. Unfortunately McHale is too slow to see that.

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Chandler looks so young and naive in that picture

19. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Actually Dmo's size bothered Dirk in one of the games against the mags last year.
    So I think Mchale should have at least try Dmo even for 4 mins. It probably would have been better than Asik's effort. Like there were a bunch of times where Asik had the rebound and lost it. And one of the fouls he did put his hands down. Asik last year was one of the best keeping his hands up just to bother the shot. Or the terrible bad pass to Lin which was a turn over.

Asik still isn't playing with any effort. I say we just let him sit till we trade him. we have been playing better without him than with him on the court. Maybe let's just bring him in when we play against MEM, SAS or Indiana.

I stop watching the game when the rockets lost their big lead and the mavs were down by 5. I just turned the stream off coz I knew another collapse and L was comin

20. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Don't worry my boy D-mo will play next game.