1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Curious Case of Donatas Motiejunas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by donatas, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Progs

Progs Member

Dmo's defense is much better than Tjones's and it's not even close.

2. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

You have posted the same thing in 4 different threads... Are you the spokesman for DMo?

We still need a pf, neither DMo or Tjones are the answer...

T_Man

3. omgTHEpotential

DMo is turning into a terrific defender. Really looking good in the preseason. Although it's only preseason... But he's leaps and bounds ahead of T-Jones on the defensive end. The only thing that's a little shaky now is his offense, but he's too talented on that end to be in a shooting slump forever.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why do I see 5 fouls and 3 rebounds in 21 minutes?

5. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

In his defense, like 2 of those fouls were on weak moving screen calls. And 1 was to stop a fast break.

Motiejunas looked pretty good on some closeouts and sliding his feet to get into position. Not an all-defensive performance, but you could tell he was hustling. As for the 3 rebounds, idk.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am just taking the good with the bad. I wish no matter DMo or Jones could be more consistent.

But I think we will get that veteran PF, either starter or major bench player who gets the game plan faster and comes in more prepared

7. basketballholic

Until I see DMO play substantial minutes next to Dwight defending opponent starting power forwards, I'm not buying all the defensive improvement hype.

It simply doesn't mean anything in the scope of this team and the NBA. Back up centers that can bang, board, and block a shot or 2 in 15 minutes off the bench are a quarter a dozen. Cole Aldrich is on a minimum salary and he's 5 times the rebounder and rim protector DMO is. For DMO to justify his roster spot and continued development he has to prove he can play effectively on both ends next to Dwight. If he doesn't or isn't given that opportunity then we need to ship him out sooner rather than later as his trade value will just go downhill if he doesn't have a significant breakout soon.

The Rockets are up against it with both Terrence and DMO going into their 3rd seasons. In my opinion, at least one of them (and maybe both) needs to go soon, like before the season starts. We simply don't have the minutes to develop 2 big men.

If the Rox have already determined that DMO can't play next to Dwight then they should showcase him a couple of these preseason games and trade him (along with other salary) and get back a vet and a draft pick.

Same goes for Terrence. If we don't see Terrence start shooting the basketball at a different level, we ought to showcase him a couple games. Run him out and let him handle at the top and on post ups and run up some numbers and then trade him as soon as we get a deal put together that will yield up a vet and a future first.

We gotta keep digging until we find the right fit at the 4 next to Dwight.

#227 basketballholic, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  8. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Jon Leuer is Better than D-Mo

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/j3YG8B0mdVE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TGAwKYAIhgM" frameborder="0"
    allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/e3BTW7mNEkA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Xb2gFzK5nts" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

we used to have jon leuer. he got traded here from the bucks ( same year we dumped lowry) that draft

10. kh0001

kh0001 Contributing Member

That reminds me of Vlade Divac.

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Most bigs are better than D-Mo. He is not a high bar to strive for. Think of D-Mo as the limbo bar set to almost the very top a PF. It's hardly a challenge for anyone to make it underneath.

12. omgTHEpotential

Leuer is ok. But DMo can be much better if he puts it all together. Keyword is obviously 'if'.

13. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

It's time to move on.

What can Morey realistically get for DMo?

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not really curious about the case of Donatas any longer

15. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

He's terrible.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

On to the next mythical unicorn stretch 4.

17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I've defended dmo, but we can trade him. Bleh c

18. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

DMo's defense was laughable in the game vs. the Lakers tonight. He was painful to watch - a bit like a train wreck in slow motion.

19. Rockets25

Rockets25 Member

It looked like he was playing in his first NBA game. Incredibly disappointing.

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

To be fair Jones was the 5 when the Lakers made their mini comeback run. The Rockets need a defensive 7 footer behind Dwight.