1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The craziest of the crazies

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Major, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Major

Major Member

OK, there are a lot of crazies out there, but this story is just ridiculous. No idea if it's true - if it is, the nominee is completely psycho. If not, the loser's campaign manager is completely psycho.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsme...mary_assault_accusations_follow.php?ref=fpblg

Victorious GOPer Allegedly Flashes Gun At Defeated Rival's Staffer Over Sex Allegations

The closing days of a GOP primary race for state Senate between state Rep. Brian Nieves and Washington mayor Richard Stratman in Missouri got especially heated and ugly -- but accusations that Nieves committed adultery and paid alleged rapist Rod Jetton as a campaign consultant were nothing compared to what has happened since election day. Nieves, now the GOP nominee, stands accused of physically assaulting Stratman's campaign manager, Shawn Bell, threatening him with a gun, forcing him to strip and threatening the manager's boss.

Bell is seeking a restraining order; Nieves denies the allegations.

Shawn Bell filed his complaint with Washington, Missouri police on August 5, 2010 -- two days after the primary -- claiming that Nieves had first assaulted and the threatened him. (Read the full complaint here.)

Bell alleges that, on his way home to Jefferson City on August 4th, he happened by Nieves' campaign office and noticed the car of Nieves' campaign treasurer, Dave Bailey, parked outside. Not seeing Nieves car, Bell told police he decided to stop to congratulate Bailey. But no sooner did he offer his congratulations to Bailey than he was surprised by Nieves. Bell says that Nieves called him a "little ****" threw him across the room as Bailey closed the blinds. When Bell reminded him that they both were Republicans, he got an unexpected response.

He then pulled out a black gun out [sic] of his pocket and made sure that I saw it and set it on a table. He told me he was going to kill me. I began to curl up into a ball and break down in fear and was yelling for help. He asked if I was wearing a wire and I told him NO; that I didn't come to bring harm. He felt my chest, stomach and back to feel for a wire. He was still yelling at me and saying how back he was going to **** me up. He head butted me on my forehead and It hurt but it wasn't full power. I have had a headache ever since. He also slapped me across the face several times (at least twice, maybe more) but also not to his full potential He then drug [sic] me into the next room that appeared to be a kitchen area with a fridge, tile floor, and a sink. He still insinuated that I had a wire and made me take off my shirt.

After that, Bell says Nieves mocked his weight and then forced him first to get on his knees to beg forgiveness and then to lie on the floor.

As I was laying down looking up at him, he began to talk about when he was in the Navy. He asked me if I had ever had the absolute **** kicked out of me and I told him no. He asked if I had ever been in a fight and I told him once when in college. He said that he grew up in the projects and that "******s" used to jump him and kick and beat the **** out of him relentless. He said everyone needs a theaurapeutic [sic] ass kicking in their life and that he was about to give me one.

Bell said that Nieves told him Bailey wouldn't back him up in court, told him he was sick of looking at his chest and allowed him to get dressed. Nieves then reportedly told Bell to come into his office, where he demanded to know whether Bell had been the opposition researcher behind some of the allegations during the campaign. Bell told police he denied it, but that Nieves then went through the text messages in his phone and began writing some of them down, and then accused Bell of "flipping off [Nieves'] family while they were in the car on Sunday." When Bell denied it, Nieves accused him of calling Nieves' family liars. Then Nieves reportedly threatened Bell's boss James Harris, and told Bell that Harris was the adulterer. Finally, Nieves demanded that Bell apologize to Nieves' wife over the phone. After the phone call finished, Bell said Nieves asked for explanations of who certain people in Bell's phone were and said, if Bell lied, "he would **** me up like the little p***y b**** I am." Nieves reportedly discovered Bell had asked people to "mess with" Nieves' Faebook page or call into his radio show as part of the campaign.

Bell told police that Nieves eventually calmed down and let him go after Bell promised not to tell anyone; after returning to retrieve his sunglasses, Bell went back to Jefferson Cit yand told his boss, Harris, who told him to write up the account; as he was doing so, Harris asked him to come to his house and have a conversation with a lawyer. After that conversation, and one with his parents, Bell decided to file the complaint and pursue a restraining order.

A hearing in the case is scheduled for September 2nd.

But why was Nieves so mad? About a week before the primary, someone going by the name "John Frank" began circulating an email in Missouri political circles alleging that Nieves had engaged in multiple affairs with "p*rn industry lobbyists" and hired former House Speaker Rod Jetton, currently awaiting trial on sexual assault charges, as a campaign consultant. (Read the email here.) While the email was largely ignored by the media, it did apparently get circulated among enough individuals to prompt an email response from Nieves.

After asking his supporters to pray for him and call their friends and family on his behalf, Nieves explained that the allegations were untrue, and that he believed they came from a "High Priced, Politically Powerful Consultant from out of town" working for his opponent Dick Stratman.Notably, Stratman's financial disclosure from July 15 lists one high-priced, out-of-town campaign consultant: the J.Harris Company made just over $10,500 for "management services" -- and one of J. Harris Company's associates is Shawn Bell.

Nieves later responded to Bell's allegations in a typically long email to supporters. In it, he thanks supporters for their prayers and talks about the advice from his lawyers not to speak to the press -- which he then proceeds to disregard to then explain that he believes the Stratman campaign issued the allegations in order to upset Nieves and his family because they upset "the machine" with their Senate primary win. Nieves, who was the Missouri state House Majority Whip, believes that his participation in the tea party movement sparked the primary competition from the reportedly more mainstream Stratman.

2. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Cool Story Bro! :)

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/1029115/godfather-b****-slap-o.gif

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Sounds crazy, but I would say wanting to stone a woman for alleged adultery, cutting off a woman's nose for no reason (Taliban), or wanting to kill people over a cartoon is crazier, to just name a few examples.

In a contest of "craziest of the craziest", those guys would win.

Apparently you disagree.

4. dmc89

dmc89 Member

You could expand your horizons outside of the Western Asia/Middle East. Charles Manson and his followers? Jim Jones?

Craziness is a genetic and environmental concern. Can happen anywhere regardless of geography or belief. You might perceive that it's more prevalent in certain areas or people, and that's fine. I've seen firsthand some racist parts of Japan, Switzerland, Russia, and Australia that would give rural Alabama or Mississippi-stereotypes a run for their money.

5. Steve_Francis_rules

What a surprise. In a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with Islam, you still try to turn it into an opportunity for Muslim bashing.

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

What does it have to do with Muslim bashing? I was told these people are simply crazy, and being Muslim has nothing to do with it? :confused:

Objectively, you don't think that these things are crazier than what this guy did?

I was merely responding to the wording of the thread title and putting it in perspective.

7. Major

Major Member

Apparently, you're have even less basic common sense than I thought. And I didn't give you much credit in the first place.

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Let me add one: I also think that killing doctors because one is against abortion is pure craziness, and crazier than what this guy did.

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

So you think this guy is crazier? Or is it just that you like to exaggerate and use sensationalist thread titles because it is convenient as you disagree with the guy's political direction?

10. Major

Major Member

If you can't comprehend that a term doesn't necessarily require comparison to all people in the world to be relevant, that's a lack of common sense. When I call you extraordinarily stupid, I don't mean that you're more stupid than, for example, a bacteria or a cow or a baby that was just born. There's a rational common reference point that can be used to determine the sphere of people I would be comparing you to. Here, it's quite obvious that a thread about American politics would use the term crazy in a general reference to that sphere of people and not to compare with crazy murderers in other parts of the world.

I can't speak for anyone else's posts, but when you're reading my posts, I'm not going to spell out every detail for you. I assume people have a basic level of comprehensive and interpretive ability - if that's beyond you, you're probably best off putting me on ignore or you're going to end up making a lot of stupid posts.

Interesting, given that I hadn't considered political affiliation - it seems you're the one obsessed with political affiliation here. I've also referenced Alvin Greene many times among the crazies out there. Crazy is crazy - both parties have plenty of them. One of these two guys (or maybe both) is amongst the craziest of them.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

LOL, someone getting a little defensive here. Obviously the crazy behavior of the American politician motivated you more to start a thread and call it out than the examples I cited did. But that's ok, you have to have your priorities!

12. Steve_Francis_rules

Or maybe a person likes to occasionally start a thread that isn't just calling out extremist Muslim crazies and extrapolating that to all one billion Muslims in the world. You start plenty of those threads on your own.

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

No need to be paranoid, in contrast to what you are saying, I actually do not extrapolate that to all muslims.

14. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The fact is the above story really isn't crazy. It's pretty much standard human behavior.

What is crazy is trying advance the human condition by advocating something like non-violence, democracy or rule of law. The struggle of social evolution is in it's infancy (and going nowhere fast).

15. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Your thread title is "The Craziest of the Crazies." That is the ultimate? No it's not. Not anywhere near... and you cast aspersions on ATW's contributions?

They're all crazy, okay? :)

Tossing in a Muslim candidate is no more "racist" than your citing a Christian makes you anti-Christian.

1 person likes this.
  16. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

In the context of American politics, this guy is pretty damn crazy.

17. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

It is awesome to see giddyup arguing for adherence to the strict definition of words. This, from a guy that explained that even a word like "wetback" could be interpreted as a term of endearment. Nobody has twisted himself into such a pretzel trying to divorce words from their meanings than giddyup (yes, often but not always in defense of a racist, but definitely always in defense of a winger). And here, where it suits him to preserve his right to dis a religion/faith he doesn't belong to, he argues the value of strict semantics. This is awesome. Hypocrisy at its finest.

18. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I don't ever remember saying it waa an "endearment." I do remember leading you and whoever on who were having coniptions about the use of the word.

I think the origin of the word was in some CIA Operation Wetback. Not everybody is from Texas, you know.

How am I dissing a religion or faith? Are you trying to assert that Muslims are exempt from extremists or something? I said they (all the ones cited) were all crazy.

I'm not afraid to step on any deserving toes while you here seem reluctant to criticize the Muslim crazies-- sounds like you're an Obamatron.