1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The CRAPPIEST movies you have ever seen?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by R0ckets03, Dec 27, 2001.

Tags:
  1. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Caddyshack!

2. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Toys with Robin Williams. That was pretty awful. Some people will crucify me on this one but Traffic was the most boring movie ever in my life. We kept wanting to leave but we kept thinking that it had to get better. It was several hours that I will never get back.

3. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

It's so weird reading what movies people think sucked. I found things in most of the movies listed that I did like. In order for a movie to suck, by my definition, it must:

1. Be hard or boring to follow
    2. Have poorly executed special effects if special effects are to be used
    3. NOT have been released directly to tape or disc (thus barring a whole genre of Van Damme, Segal, Jeff Speakman, etc..flicks)

and/or

4. Have a disgusting relationship

With these criteria set here are some bad mocies

Memento- It was a novel concept but utterly boring and annoying
    Super Mario Brothers- Truly aweful
    Breakin' Two Electric Boogaloo- One was enough
    Wolf- Come on Jack, that sucked.

And speaking of Jack, that movie where he kissed the chick from Mad about You. Although the gay Greg Kinnear was funny.

When I say 'disgusting relationship' I hate seeing old men kiss young women (Harrison Ford, Jack, Clint Eastwood) or big fat guys scoring the hot chick. Fat guys out there, do not take offense. With the singular exception of Jack Black. And Steve Martin. He's old and had a gigantic beak in Roxanne but that was okay to watch for some reason.

4. Isabel

Isabel Member

some really bad movies (some may be a little older):

The Stupids
    Problem Child
    Shakespeare In Love (I don't care what awards it won...)
    Jurassic Park III
    Drowning Mona

"Toys" was pretty stupid, too.

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Will Smith ROCKS!

ID4
    MIB

and his last movie were awesome!

Yeah WWW was a tad bit on the boring side, but I still like it.

6. Isabel

Isabel Member

No kidding. From a chick's point of view: notice that old guys, fat guys, dumb guys, screwed-up guys can get the girl. That's fine. But the girl is always some "hot chick". She's never flawed in any way. If there is a woman who's over 30, or not impossibly skinny, or not perfectly poised and confident, how often does she get the hot guy?

Sometimes it seems like movies are all set up to cater to the average male fantasy. I don't begrudge males their fantasies, but that's all you ever see. There is another 50% of the population. *sigh* Actually, I wish people in movies were more like real people, but supposedly that doesn't make as much money for the studio.

7. mfclark

mfclark Member

Here's another recent one I saw that was horrible (and not to mention boring!): "The Tailor of Panama", with Pierce Brosnan.

"How to be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood" was pretty bad as well. And the title! Sheesh.

8. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Never Been Kissed was horrendous beyond all comprehension. My sister is usually on the money with films, but she definitely wasn't thinking when she suggested this one.

Bill and Ted's Bogus Trip (or whatever the sequel was called) was hideous as well.

Speaking of Wild Wild West, has anyone ever heard Kevin Smith's account of writing a script for Superman? A certain element of his Superman script made its way into Wild Wild West basically because Jon Peters (the producer) was obssessed with spiders at the time.

9. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

Interesting. I thought it was pretty kick*ss myself....

Some more for the list:
    Drop Dead Fred
    Hudson Hawk
    It's Pat: The Movie
    Judge Dredd
    Speed 2
    Weekend at Bernie's II
    Anaconda
    Jeepers Creepers
    A Knight's Tale
    Dr. Doolittle 2
    Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles

10. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

How about that movie with Cuba Gooding, Seth Green, and Whoopi Goldberg.

It's about racing to a remote area somewhere in Arizona to win a race.

11. Timing

Timing Member

Rat Race is the one with Cuba, Green, and Whoopi.

Memento one of the crappiest ever? Pfftttsha....

Ghosts of Mars is pretty bad.

12. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

I have one word for the crappiest movie I have ever seen:

DRIVEN w/ Sly Stallone

HORRIBLE..... The story was an absolute joke and the acting was even worse. If it was one race from start to finish it would still suck because the crashes were EXAGGERATED BEYOND BELIEF!!

13. haven

haven Member

13th Floor.

Absolutely terrible.

14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Ugggg <shrudders> I was expecting a James Bond wanna be flick, which is ok since that's what i was expecting. This movie was absolutely horrible. The only thing that resemble James Bond was Pierce Brosnan and his wanna-be romancing women. Hard to follow and the acting/speaking was horrible.

I thought Mars Attack was great! You can't expect it to be an award winner since its a slap stick comedy.

Scary movie two was pretty bad.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

For some reason, this title reminded me of "Boxing Helena," the bad movie directed by David Lynch's daughter where a stalker doctor finally gets the girl ... gets rejected later ... she has an accident ... he amputates all her limbs and starts taking care of her.

This is the movie where Kim Basinger verbally agreed to do it before reading the script ... read the script then said noooo way, and lost a law suit settlement of $8.1 million.

here is one remark about this:

16. Timing

Timing Member

Driven was definitely pretty bad. Leprechaun 2 was horrible too. Don't even know why I saw it!?!

17. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Hey crisp,

Boxing Helena was great! :D I think the gal from that dumb Showtime sitcom about a druggie/alkie (I forget the name) was the female lead. Man, she was young and great looking in that movie.

Rockets03,

I used to like Will Smith until recently. The guy thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's funny, but acting and being funny are two different things.

18. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

There are a few "real" actors out there that I like. And by real I mean flawed in some way.

1. Owen Wilson is it? The guy from Armegeddon and Behind Enemy Lines? That nose is AWESOME!
    2. Jack Black. Kinda chubby but mangly looking. He looks like that kid down the street that everybody had.
    3. Kevin Spacey. Middle aged. Balding. But cool.
    4. Fairuza Balk. the chick from The Craft and Waterboy among others. She's not textbook "hot". But there is something uniquely cool about her.

Can anyone think of others?

19. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Here's my list of crappiest movies:

- Wild Wild West
    - Super Mario Bros.
    - Mortal Kombat (both movies)
    - Street Fighter: The Movie
    - Driving Miss Daisy
    - Phantoms
    - The 13th Floor
    - Virus
    - Men In Black
    - Mission Impossible 2
    - The Replacement Killers
    - Charlie's Angels
    - Batman & Robin
    - Species 2
    - Tomorrow Never Dies
    - Mission to Mars
    - I Still Know What You Did Last Summer

20. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

the movie Blow (with J. Depp), it blew....

that movie sucked pretty hard.

rH