1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The complexion of the NBA has changed and so must the Rockets.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ToothYanker, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Man

Man Contributing Member

I feel the same way. It's not like I can do anything about it. Like I said..I wish we could boycott and everyone stop watching and stop going to games until there is better officiating..especially for Yao. But that ain't gonna happen. I just stopped caring. I was like w/e we lost and it was BS. One call can cahnge the tide of the game..or one no call..like when Yao was ripped and it was a big foul and they just went and scored...or when Yao was called for offensive foul or moving pick or whatever..when Dampier was holding him...

It wasn't bad for juts the Rockets though.

Still I think people should complain..but I agree with you I won't care..I'm getting used to the BS.

2. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

I say hell to flopping.

All we need now is for Yao to play like a whimp and start flopping - you think that will do anything for him?

Look how many champions had great floppers!!! None.

I'm sorry, but I can't root for a team that undermines the game. I love the game more then anyone team. I love the Rockets because they are classy and play basketball the right way. The day they put a team on the floor that believes flopping is good - is the day I stop being a Rockets fan.

3. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

this guy wants us to become the reincarnation of the jazz team we used to love so much. Yes, yao needs to become our malone and tmac should be our stockton.

4. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

actually, from what I remember, the defending champ pistons' ben wallace was a major flopper in last year's playoff games.
    anyway, I agree. I don't want any of our players resorting to the type of **** dirk pulled on yao today.

5. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Yao can't flop, even if he does, the refs won't buy it. Again, perception is reality. Actually, there are tons of floppers in championship teams. Like Manu, Fisher, Fox, and Kobe. Plus TD is a crying baby. Flop is in:)

6. 4cwebb

4cwebb Contributing Member

Derek Fisher is a premier flopper, and Kobe complains each time he drives to the basket. Lakers won a few titles these last few years last I checked. Horry is also a great flopper in the post, at least when he's checking true PFs.

Bowen's a pretty good flopper himself as well. Can't really think of a Detroit flopper, so I guess they are the exception to the rule over the last 6 years.

7. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

well... if the Rockets can't make it to the finals - I will pray that the Pistons or Heat wins it all

Those are teams have real, hard nose players - MEN among men

... and they know where to keep their Euro sissymen

[​IMG]

... at the end of the bench !!!!

8. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

You clearly don't know how many sneakers and jersys Nike sell there. I read a report that was simply amazing. Even if 1% (in reality more than that) of Chinese have the purchasing power, it is like 1 in ever 30 people in the USA. Do you think there are 10 million NBA fans in the US? I doubt it.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

There are probably 10 million NBA fans in California alone.

10. Willis25

there are a lot more than 10 million NBA fans in the US. But there are also fans in Europe and other parts of Asia (not just China)

that being said. Do not underestimate the up and coming industrial revolution occurring in China right now. As more western companies are entering the China markets, there are more products available. In order to meet the increasing demand - US companies build more factories IN CHINA which employ more Chineese workers.

Now I know they make like $1 a day or something... but remember companies don't sell shoes there for $149 -

David Stern is broadcasting his games over there and he is playing exhibitions over there -

he is not just doing that for his health

11. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Detroit doesn't have floppers, and Kobe wasn't a flopper either. He's just a prima donna.

Floppers are players like Vlade Divacs...guys who fall over without even being touched.

12. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Totally agree that NBA is selling the game hard there. But you are wrong on one thing. It's true that people at country side make $1 a day or maybe even less, I am not sure. But in the cities, especially big cities. People are making far more money than before. Nike and Rebook and Adidas, all those brand names, they all sell their goods with the same price as here. yes, $149! When you say, maybe just some rich city people. The thing is, the pool is just too big, even a tiny percentage makes a huge difference. just to give you some perspectives, the population in the biggest city of China, is 30 million!

13. 4cwebb

I take it that by omission you're agreeing with the Derek Fisher as a flopper argument, as well as Robert Horry.

14. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

The 610 radio announcers were going nuts on Dirk last night. Two bovious travels, one 4 steps that they were yelling about. And the 2nd half comment: "Dirk should have fouled out by now."

I remember seeing a PBS-like show years ago where Red Auerbach was teaching Larry Bird how to flop. And Larry was good at it.

15. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

err...................have you tried mavstalk.com?

16. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

does 610 have streaming to listen to for the game? i would love to hear gene's take on the refs given how prone he's been to getting on them over the years. he must be blowing a gasket at this series.

dirk
    manu
    vlade

all euros, all floppers? hmmm. at least AK47 is man enough to not flop, and he even has to overcome playing for the jazz.

17. rvpals

rvpals Member

Maybe they ****ing want to extend the series to 7 games so they make a lot more money selling tickets?

18. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Seriously, no one is underestimating anything as it pertains to the Chinese economy. In fact, quite the opposite, and that's the problem. China's economic growth is structurally unsound and unsustainable. The unsuccessful attempt by Beijing to limit lending and thus slow the deposit multiplier in 2004 was a hint of what's to come.

The NBA is extremely business-savvy. It's far too sophisticated to create a shadow organization to fix or influence games in order to keep 1 billion comparatively poor potential consumers happy. It's also far too smart to think the short-term benefits of structured results are worth the risk of what would happen if the truth was discovered.

There's no conspiracy to put certain teams in the Finals, there's no conspiracy to extend series to the full seven games, and there's no evidence that David Stern faked the moon landing.

19. 4cwebb

I actually frequent dallas-mavs.com, but for some reason the site was down today, and over the last week or so there have been a few Rockets' fans on that site talking about this site and the high membership number, so I thought I'd check it out. Didn't say I was a Mavs' fan per se; in fact, after years of cheering against the Mavs when they were facing the Kings, I've been cheering for the Rockets to have a good series, and since this is the first day I was able to join, I wanted to check out Rockets' fans' reactions to the loss in game 4. I really just enjoy discussing NBA basketball with anyone/everyone, regardless of their allegiance to a particular team. Any problem with me doing that on this site?

20. Willis25

they do ?

wow - I though those products were much cheaper since you were closer to the production lines (and no taffifs to worry about)

OK - back on topic

EURO Ballers are sissies !