1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The Clippers are laughing at the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, May 9, 2015.

1. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

VMP! VMP! VMP!

(Very Mediocre Player!)

2. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

One good game and Austin Rivers starts talking smack like he's Michael Jordan? He better hope his ridiculous shots keep falling, otherwise he is going to look foolish for mocking somebody who has played well all season, not just a couple games.

3. hakeemthagreat

Pat Beverley doesn't get roasted by Austin Rivers:rolleyes:

4. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

The Clippers, the fans, the media... who isn't laughing at the Rockets, besides Rockets fans who are cursing them?

5. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Dumb. Just dumb.

Its kind of like people saying "I don't want LeBron on my team because of his performance with Boston"

GUARANTEED if Harden left 99.9% of Houston fans will start posting about how Houston made a terrible mistake not retaining Harden regardless of them saying "We should trade Harden" or that he is a mediocre player.

If this team had Durant, Harden, LeBron, Curry, and Howard and we lost the first two games of a 7 game series people would scream "trade everybody; sign X player" because they think they know everything. No numerical data to prove. No proof of concept. Just their know-it-all mentality being irrational.

6. onreego

onreego Member

Solely depending on Harden is finally catching up to them. When a team only has to focus its defense on stopping one player they don't really have to use much energy. The Rockets don't move the ball like the Spurs.. So there isn't much scrambling to cause tired legs. Hence the Clips' "amazing" offense against the Rockets. The Rockets are working much harder to get their shots because they don't have players other than Harden that can create.

Harden is the only player on the team that can beat them single-handedly by just getting it going because the rest of the team will start getting the ball in better positions. Dwight isn't even capable of beating them alone. They'll live with him making a couple shots in the post and hitting maybe 1 FT for every 3 attempts. So think about it, stop Harden you stop the Rockets simple as that.

You might be only seeing JJ on him but there's much more to that defense.

7. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

It's just one game:grin:

8. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Thank you! Harden is the only reason we're even in this position in the first place.

9. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

I'm not laughing, because I'm pissed and actually stunned we are so soft and weak. I'm seriously considering not watching the Rockets any more after this year, why watch a team who gives up? Why watch a guy receive around $15 million just refuse to work hard and cannot even shake JJ Reddick?

People say he was not the reason we lost, sure, but I bet the laughing is mainly @ Harden. The self-proclaimed MVP with his little stirring the pot is getting roasted by a bust. Also you can bet your ass a guy like Hakeem would've tried to take over this game and put the team on his back, which is what you need from star players. This is not the Hawks team where everybody has to score, sometimes you need your MVP to play like it and take over, even if we lose. I know it's damned if you do, damned if you don't, but I would've had no problem if Harden had take 25-30 shots here. He had his shot going, so why not take more?

Your best player taking 16 shots is not going to cut. You can tell yourself he had good numbers and double-digit assists, but we didn't need him to 'make the right play' or pass. What supposedly separates Harden from 90% of the league is that he can take over and score 30-40 or even 50 points. Sometimes that's what you need, especially when Ariza and company are simply not hitting their shots. It's like T-mac lite, because he used to want to get guys involved and then later 'impose his will'. Harden is deffering early, but now not even taking over when we need him to. Sad reality...

Then Dwight was pretty much mentally checked out and for a second straight game we did not look for him often. Pretty funny our 2 stars cannot get themselves going.

10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

LA owns Harden on and off the court

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Harden still put up pretty good offensive numbers aside from TOs. But nobody looks like a hero in a blowout loss. Yao and McGrady looked pretty helpless in that Game 7 vs Mavs even when they themselves scored plenty.

The Rockets are just short on talent as compared to the Clippers. That reality just hit the team in the face and it isn't as simple as for Harden to just hulk up and defeat the Clippers. One player can only do so much.

1 person likes this.
  12. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Kobe is one of the greatest stars in NBA history and Doc shut him down in game 7 of the finals with a similar strategy to what he is doing to Harden. I can my imagine the outrage on this board if Harden chucked away like Kobe did and they lost.

13. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

sadly this is ture. dont expect too much from Harden tomorrow. he will be the same. always been the same. those role players gotta step up. thats only way we can beat the Clips. we just got find a way win without harden.

14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Harden is a mediocre player? Just stop that nonsense. Where in the hell do you think this team would be minus Harden?? Maybe 35 wins at most. Houston must have the worst damn fans in pro sports.

15. MattM

MattM Member

I really like all the cocky attitudes of the clips. There was a good difference in points but that was misleading. I think the run started when the refs called a foul on us instead of the obvious backcourt violation. Definitely needed to hack Jordan. Clips got every break and every momentum advantage. We will start knocking down shots and eventually Griffin will be called for traveling and the other various violations he commits.

Not worried. Rockets win BIG in game 4

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You're right, but not saying anything negative (even if its true) is some of the new bull**** on CF thats pissing me off.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't post this to rip on Harden. I posted this to say we can't let Austin Rivers show us up like this.

18. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Short on talent, but even shorter on scheme. Morey once said that coaching as a negligible factor to winning and that it was all about the talent. I have always felt he was wrong about that.

It isn't enough to ask Harden to work magic against multiple defenders and the zone. The team just seems so tactically outmatched.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You people realize that Blake Griffin picked Harden as his MVP right?

20. torocan

torocan Member

I've always believe that that argument only applies to the regular season.

In the post season where every possession has magnified value and weaknesses are ruthlessly exploited, first move advantage is massive. The first team to spot exploit opponent weaknesses while shoring up their own tends to be the team that wins the game given similar talent and skill.

It's like boxing. Styles make match ups. And if the style isn't favorable or it's a wash, then you better be great at adjusting on the fly if you want to win. IE, X's and O's.