1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Chucky Brown Fan Club Has Important Salary and Uniform Questions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CBrownFanClub, Jun 28, 2001.

1. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

Assuming we blow off the Crease Webber thing...

Given our cap situation, does it make sense to re-sign Hakeem, even from a basketball perspective (for once, with Hakeem). The Chucky Brown Fan Club is filled with poets, basketball artistes if you will. We know nothing of numbers and salary caps. But it seems like we are going to need a Center, and a new candidate is not coming along this year for us -- I am not sold on Marc Jackson, but he may be the lone exception. But even so, we might as well give Cato another year to prove every single one of us wrong, and we might as well let Hakeem run his doofy old genius self out there another year or two. Not because it is ideal, but because our "Five of the Future"™ has obviously not found us, so why force the issue?

Question #1: Can we now re-sign -- in order of priority
    1. Mo Taylor
    2. Dream
    3. Shandon
    given our current cap situation?

Who, if anyone, would have to settle for peanuts? Can this be done?

(Everyone thinks Shandon is lame, but everyone is wrong about that. He is a good team guy, a Chucky Brown Fan Club type of guy who does not hog the damn ball or run his mouth. We'll need him more in the playoffs than the regular season. I would not break the bank to sign him, but I would like to keep him.)

Question #2:
    What happened to Loren Woods? Brutal. Any scoop?

Question #3:
    If the Detroit Pistons can fix their crappy colors and go back to the old ones -- why cant we do some fricking thing about our laughing-stock uniforms? And I quote:

"We are excited to return to our original colors of red, white and blue," said Joe Dumars, Pistons President of Basketball Operations. "This is a change that our fans called for, and, as a result, we listened and delivered."

Jesus Mary and Joseph in Tinseltown-- Do teams do that? Hey, Joe Dumars, if you are reading this, would you please call the Rockets and recite the part about listening and delivering in regards to public sentiment? Hey Tim Frank or anyone who reads this board -- e-v-e-r-y-o-n-e hates the rockets unforms. I would say it is a case of "The Emporer's New Clothes" except for the fact that no one has minced words about them -- they have sucked from the first minute Clyde Drexler modeled them in 1996. Take this glorious occasion in Rocket history to do the right thing -- listen to the fans. The uniforms must go NOW. Crap uniforms will only agitate young Eddie, as you well know.

Question Number 4:
    Would anyone be interested in nicknaming Walt Williams "Malt Williams"? I would.

Later
    CBFC

[This message has been edited by CBrownFanClub (edited June 28, 2001).]

2. UTrocket

UTrocket Member

I think we should take a poll on the uniforms because from what I've heard the Rockets say they've had NO COMPLAINTS about the new unis! Maybe Clutch could do this since he may know someone at the rockets to contact. I for one despise the uniforms. They are heinous and I would never be caught hanging out with anyone who wore one much less buy one for myself.

------------------

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

CBFC,

We can resign EVERYONE, if we no longer pursue Webber. Pursuing Webber requires us to lose all our exceptions by renouncing Dream. That is unnecessary now with Eddie!, imo.

Assuming we blow off the Crease Webber thing, we can sign everyone.

excuse me for start a very similar thread. If I could delete it in respect of the Club, I would.

anyhow....I'm off the Webber bandwagon as of Draft day...things change!

4. Sniper

Sniper Member

Things sure do change...but can you run down the possible money numbers?
    IE $10 for Mo-T, etc? I really don't know enough about all the exceptions to take an educated guess.

All I take out of it is...Money for Moochie!!! Woohoo! We need the fro!

5. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Question Number 4:
    Would anyone be interested in nicknaming Walt Williams "Malt Williams"? I would.

This is why you are the best, CBFC.

I am constantly in awe of your grace and beauty. [​IMG]

------------------
    Squatting on old bones and excrement and rusty iron, in a white blaze of heat, a panorama of naked idiots stretches to the horizon. Complete silence-their speech centers are destroyed-except for the crackle of sparks and the popping of singed flesh as they apply electrodes up and down the spine. White smoke of burning flesh hangs in the motionless air. A group of children have tied an idiot to a post with barbed wire and built a fire between his legs and stand watching with bestial curiosity as the flames lick his thighs. His flesh jerks in the fire with insect agony.

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I think Mo expects more than the tenner [​IMG]

Make Moochie the priority!

------------------

7. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Let me throw in my support for the "Malt Williams" tag. I don't even know what it is supposed to refer to, other than the suggestion that Walt (like Billy Dee) may enjoy a tasty Colt .45 every now and again. I just like the way it sounds.

------------------
    I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip that I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis.

8. Greg#3

Greg#3 Member

Yeah, I've got the scoop. Watch a tape of the Elite 8 game between Illinois and Arizona and then tell me why Woods even deserved to get selected in the first place.

Great athleticism - bad back - terrible efocus = #46

------------------
    President of the Eddie Griffin fan club.

9. Greg#3

Greg#3 Member

Yeah, I've got the scoop. Watch a tape of the Elite 8 game between Illinois and Arizona and then tell me why Woods even deserved to get selected in the first place.

Great athleticism - bad back - terrible efocus = #46

------------------
    President of the Eddie Griffin fan club.

10. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Why ? Did Walt throw his malt shake at the tv after we aquired Griff ?

------------------
    "norm, would you like to buy an indian scalp ? This deal isn't gonna make or break me Norm, so don't jerk me around." Harry Carey "Norm, if I had a mohawk scalp, I wouldn't be sitting here talking to you."

11. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

12. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

You guys are forgetting, if Dream complained about touches and offensive plays run for him before, how is he going to act now!?

------------------
    "Win if you can, lose if you must but always cheat!" - Jesse Ventura

13. Franchisedream

RocksMillenium, Rudy and Hakeem seemed to have straightened things out the second half of last season. Judging by the way Dream played starting with that great game against NY, I would say they did a good job.

It's obvious that we need a center, and looking at who's available, realistically, I would say Dream is our best option. I would say that even the guy had played his career elsewhere the whole time.

We aren't going to get Mutumbo, Shaq, or anyone close to that. So looking around at the free agents out there, I would say Dream is our best option.

------------------

14. cson

cson Contributing Member

15. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

16. Silk

Silk Member

... and it worked

The CHUCKY BROWN FAN CLUB LIVESSSSSS

------------------
    President of MY fan club.

17. StanDMan

StanDMan Member

We need to resign the Dream because we need more support at center. Shandon, we don't need and he's not worth the price he'll demand. We DO need Bullard back for his 3 point shooting.

CBFC - I can't believe you left Bullard off your list. I thought our fan clubs supported each other [​IMG]

------------------
    Matt Bullard Fan Club
    www.AirBullard.com

18. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I've been hearing a lot of this lately. I didn't realize that there were so many on the board that were intimately involved in the Shandon contract negotiations. I'm curious to know what Shandon is "demanding"? Since there's been zero public statements on the matter from him, I would love to be 'in the know' like a lot of you already seem to be.

Nothing more needs to be said on that!

19. Swopa

Swopa Contributing Member

20. Summer Song Giver

San Francisco Bay Pride [​IMG]

------------------