1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Chuck Hayes' Defense Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pest_Ctrl, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

Chuck's defense was amazing again this game. Just finished watching the DVR cause I missed the first half of the game. Hayes has a unique combination of strength and quickness, and above all, great bball IQ and defensive instincts. And it seems that his offense has become a little better. It's great to have him on the team.

2. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Chuck really isn't doing anything different than he always has on offense. He's always been great at cutting to the basket, finding the open spot down low, and waiting for the pass to come to him. It's just now the Rockets are forced to spread it out even more, so Chuck ends up with the ball in his hands more often.

As for his defense, what can I say. He's easily one of the best one-on-one low post defenders in the NBA. He has great strength, great feet, good quickness, and he does an incredible job of using his hands.

3. tofu--

tofu-- Member

His defense is that of the gods.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The gods? Wouldn't know about that, but he's the best defender we have on the floor under 6'8" and, arguably, our best defender, period. And I still get a thrill from seeing guys run into Chuck and bounce off, like he's a fire hydrant. Love how smart he is. As Scola said about himself (paraphrasing here), "If I were just another another 3 inches taller!" If Chuck were that 3 inches taller, the Rocks might not be able to afford him, LOL!

5. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Our starting center contained the quickest guard in the league for the win.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I actually thought he played about his worst quarter of the season in the 3rd period, but he played the last possession perfectly.

7. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

shane was right after all...*see sig*

8. BeCoMiNgThEbEsT

i wana him to be the DPOY and 6th Man -----------------Chuckwagon ur the BOMB

9. Nero

Nero Member

You know, if the Chuck Wagon keeps this up, and keeps getting notoriety and making quality play after quality play, dude is going to wind up being an All Star at least once, think Big Ben.

Write it down.

10. devilsdandruff

highly doubt it