1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Chris Bosh basketball only discussion thread. (Skill, role, what he means for offense and defens

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LelWestbrick, Jul 11, 2014.

1. RocsFan

RocsFan Member

Back up Center: Bosh and probably we will pick up a D league type for 10 minutes a game. Back up PF, hopefully we keep Jones. Back-up PG, Nic Johnson and perhaps we can keep Caanan. Harden runs the point often anyway.

The Bosh for Asik, Lin, Jones and Dmo is an awesome trade for the Rockets for two reasons. Asik & Lin, even though good players, are poor fits in the current Houston team, and second, only one player can be on the court at any one time so you have to compare 30 minute of Bosh with thirty minutes shared among all these players.

2. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

I really hope Morey can pull this signing off. Bosh is underrated and underutilized in Miami. The Rockets could immediately plug him in at the 4 and vastly improve the team. He has an outside shot and pretty decent post moves, and he runs the pick n roll and the pick n pop very well. He is also a active defender and will push his teammates to give more effort on the defensive end (big need for this current rockets team), and he wont mind sharing touches on the offensive end with the offensive weapons our team already has. Overall Bosh seems to be very much a team player.

Also, In my opinion the addition of Bosh would improve this team more than the addition of Melo.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm excited (Bosh should be too) about Bosh playing next to a legitimate center for the first time in his career. PF's like Bosh flourish next to guys who rebound, block shots, and command the low block. The Bosh we'll see in Houston will be significantly better than the Bosh we saw in Miami.

This is similar to KG teaming up with Perkins. Only this duo is better.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Backup PG: Nick Johnson
    Backup PF: Jones
    Bosh minutes staggered with Dwight's, plays C for about 10 minutes per game when Dwight is off the court

The biggest ??? is who plays backup SF... maybe a room exception or vet min signing?

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

He's really clutch; he's proven to make and take the big shots, game winning blocks, rebounds. He's the kind of guy any team would be lucky to have

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I hope we can convince Pierce to stop playing poker and join us!

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't know if we could have found a better fit for this team. We've been talking about Love and Aldridge in recent years because they were the two that seemed gettable. It never even occurred to us that Bosh would become available. But Bosh is a better fit than both of those guys. We know for certain that he is willing to sacrifice his stats for the good of the team. He plays stellar defense. He can stretch the floor and unclog the lane for Harden and Dwight. He can play small ball center if need be because he is a legitimate shot blocker. And if we need him to, he can throw up an occasional monster night of 30 and 15.

I honestly don't know if I am more excited about possibly acquiring Bosh or about making Cuban cry when we match Parsons. I am also greatly looking forward to perusing the Mavs fan board. I want to read the thread in which they excitedly announce the Parsons signing. Then follow it as they celebrate when the photo of Parsons signing in the club appears. Then to the Lebron announcement and the speculation that would follow that Bosh will be heading to Houston and Houston will then probably match. And then finally the countdown as Morey makes them wait until nearly the last minute before notifying the Mavs he will be matching the offer.

But Bosh. He is going to fit perfectly!

8. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Well said!

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

I think he would be a great fit too, but the Heat is upping the stakes. Might be touch and go.

10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Vet min a guy like Reshard Lewis or Wes Johnson. Heck bring them both in if possible.

11. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

If only all of this could fit in that little box on the front page. Would rep if I could!

12. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

I'd be satisfied with Hamilton or Covington getting an opportunity.