1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Celtics......suck, why?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by C1UTCH-C1TY, Dec 29, 2012.

1. FearTheBeardJH

They'd be worse with Ray Allen. If you didn't notice, Miami sucks when Ray Allen plays(His Net is -14.2).

2. FearTheBeardJH

I was kinda hesitant on that, but Deron's team got better record. Does he have better teammates? No.

3. FearTheBeardJH

Boston is better on defense when Rondo is on the bench(105.7 vs. 103.8). Cleveland is better on defense when Irving is on the court. Not saying he isn't better defender than Irving, but he gambles too much and isn't on level of CP3 and Westbrook.

4. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

There team is loaded with talent, its just that most of them are underperforming. KG and Pierce are carrying the team themselves, it seems

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

You could make the case he does.

It's about even. Brook Lopez has stepped his game up this year. Both teams have underachieved this year.

6. Sen89

Sen89 Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/3209/jeff-green

Why does everyone give Jeff Green so much credit???? The most points per game this guy has averaged in his career came in his second season with OKC when he was a starter with 16.5 ppg in 36.8 min per game. He plays awful defense and now he comes off the bench. He shoots around 40% and has subpar 3pt fg range at less than 35%.

Study the stats and forget about this bust.

7. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

I wouldn't go so far to say best player on the team but he is a extremely valuable member of his team. He makes it easier for his teammates to score and he does rebound well for a PG. I think KG is probably the best player on the team even though the stat sheet doesn't really show it. His leadership on D alone is great. They just don't score enough to match their very good D.

I don't know if he goes to the line enough, or shoots high % in fg or 3fg to inflate PER or other advanced stat, but I would put him in my top 5 PG list.

Have you noticed that he hasn't had really gaudy assist totals since he started trying to score more?

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Fans, media, "experts", someone is always talking about how Jeff Green is/can be a good player. He's never been great, not even when he was healthy playing at his peak. With Green the question was always if he could improve, he's always had upside, but he's never actually produced what I would label as good basketball from the guy.

9. jbasket

jbasket Member

This question happens every year. They Celtics have a thing recently about starting the season off poorly. Last year, they started off 9-13 and everybody was like "The Celtics are done, they are too old!" Even Danny Ainge was thinking about blowing up the roster. But then they went on a run late season and everybody thought they couldn't keep up. It took Miami seven games last year to beat them in the ECF. I think they will do the exact same thing again. It's a cycle of "Oh they suck! Won't win" at the beginning of the season to "Oh they are old vets turning back the clock" come playoff time. They will be fine: Ray Allen did not do much for them last year and the new players will get more acclimated soon.

To the people saying Rondo is overrated: It is the same cycle: during the regular season, when he is averaging a pedestrian 14 and 12 (don't worry, anybody in the league can do that of course!), a lot of people say "he is so overrated. Kyle Lowry is so much better, and Jeremy Lin is better than everybody!" But then comes playoff time, and he... well... gets triple doubles like slutty women and breaks records. Not many people light up the Heat for 44, 10, 8. But I thought he couldn't score???? Anybody how says Rondo is overrated does not watch the playoffs. Above all, he is one of the best players in the clutch. Last year, he averaged a 17,12,7 in the playoffs. Overrated? hardly.

10. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Ummm.. Their head coach just got fired because they have underperformed. They were expected to be top 2 or 3 in their division.

They spent $250 million on salaries this past off season. Yes they overpayed for players but their talent is probably on level with Boston.

11. Mr Striker09

Mr Striker09 Member

Wow why do people hate Rondo on this board. I think he's a very good PG and could be one of the best in the game if he can shoot but prby will never will get the shooting touch but everything else he's top notch.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Explain why you don't agree about the minutes. This should be interesting.

You are trying to say the trade hurt OKC because Harden developed and got better? Don't waste my time. Without the trade, OKC doesn't make the WCFs in 2011 and the NBA Finals last season. They dumped mediocre-at-best Jeff Green to address their biggest weakness (post defense) while allowing two underutilized players (Harden & Ibaka) to blossom. If that isn't a winning trade for them, there is no such thing.

The notion of holding players back to make them easier to re-sign is idiotic.

13. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

No chemistry, Doc says we're mentally fatigues...whatever that means..., Rondo's pinning championship hopes on Avery's dislocated shoulders, Jeff Green underperforms, Courtney Lee underperforms, Jason Terry underperfoms, Jason freaking Collins is our starting center, Paul and KG are tired, Rondo is stat padding.

Celtics don't look good AT ALL. Everyone else thinks Avery is going to make us contenders. I personally don't think so. Anyways, go Celtics.

14. Shaud

Shaud Member

Do you listen to debates on Jeff Green? Hardly anyone gives him credit.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Bozos like Jon Barry still say he performed at a "near all-star" level while at OKC.

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

Wow didn't know that.

Well most say that he is underachieving. I commend him for overcoming heart problems though.

17. FearTheBeardJH

Jeff Green isn't underperforming. He always sucked.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I was going to call you out on BS, but that is a pretty fair list.

Yea Rondo is extremely overrated and it is coming to show. He's not the type of PG that will elevate a team by himself. With Ray Ray and every piece together he's is like a really strong glue that will mesh with everybody.

19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

it's not even that he doesn't score much, but if you have a low volume of scoring, the shots you do take need to be really high efficiency to compensate, there's been a marked improvement in his shooting this year, but it needs to improve further.

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

Because players become better between years 2 and 3, and therefore gets more minutes as they become better? This isn't Rocket science. Plus, James Harden doesn't even play forward. Why the hell would Jeff Green prevent Harden from playing 30mpg?