1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Cat: take it to the bank, CP3 is staying

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 11, 2018.

1. alethios

alethios Member

[​IMG]

Bobsputin, DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If the Lebron to LA rumors are true and he steals cp3 what kind of sign and trade would you be willing to do with lakers? Would it be Kuzma and Ingram? or Ball?

3. curbur

curbur Member

Ughh.

htown7829 likes this.
  4. Agent94

Agent94 Member

The reason Chris Paul is staying - $30 million. That's the kind of money he will save over his next contract by not paying California's income tax. I wouldn't be surprised if he stays here, like a lot of athletes, after he retires. He's a smart man and is setting himself up for after his playing days are over.

ak99999 and hakeem94 like this.
  5. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Fake Insiders to the rescue!!!

hakeem94 and DonKnock like this.
  6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

LOL. This is what Clippers fans said too.

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Wait, they said that Paul would save money on income taxes in Cali?

DonKnock likes this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They said we would lose $50 million by not staying with the Clippers.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

But that was not true.

What Agent94 said without checking the numbers is true. Your point made no sense.

10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

DonKnock likes this.
  11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Wow. People really, really believe CP3 will leave.

12. Agent94

Agent94 Member

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

1000 times this. The media folks badly want the Lakers to be relevant again. ESPN has a studio in LA. The entire FS1 operation is in LA. They want the ratings. They are going to push the stories.

bmd, DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  14. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Woj:

How much money did Chris Paul cost himself by leaving LA for Houston? Has he cost himself?

He wants to win. He did the deal in Houston with an understanding he'd get the full scholarship here going forward. That'll be the case here. The only way I think he looks around is if Houston blinks & I have no indication at all Houston will blink. They knew when they traded for Chris Paul they did it for the long haul & in years 4/5 when he's making $47M/$48M and he's 36/37 years old, that may not be a good contract but they're trying to win a title in the short term and this past season gave them every reason to believe they can do it with the group they have if they can keep them healthy & on the floor, which is always a question.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

At that stage of his career, Segal was awesome. Loved the persona, the CMA, and the overall badass attitude. His movies began to decline as he aged.

Manny Ramirez likes this.
  17. tc0330

tc0330 Member

Idk why tf people think he leaving. Our boys were REFS AWAY from making the finals. Thats the closest CP has ever gotten to a ring. Why would he go anywhere else lmao

hakeem94 and sammy like this.
  18. aroundtheblock2

There are tons of Lakers fans on reddit right now spouting the idea that they're "pretty much the same level" as the Rockets lol.

I wonder, has LeBron EVER played with a guard that played significant minutes that was as bad a shooter as Lonzo Ball is? At least in the years his team has been to the finals?

Cleveland (Pre-Miami)
    Mo Williams & Daniel Gibson-both GOOD shooters, both made all-star teams.

Miami
    Dwyane Wade & Mario Chalmers-Chalmers was a GOOD shooter on the Heat, Dwyane Wade had the ability to shoot

Cleveland (post-Miami)
    Kyrie Irving, George Hill-both above average to good shooters

Can you just imagine LeBron driving the lane, throwing one of those cross court passes to Lonzo in the corner and he hits the side of the back board?

I mean for fricks sake the guy has two completely different forms dependent on how far he shoots from.

I think the Lakers hype is good for the Rockets chances though. I just know for a fact he isn't winning **** over there. Its especially funny when Lakers idiots start running through trades where they end up with 2 other all-stars, as if there's a decent chance it happens.

I even read in the Lakers sub-reddit fans spouting off how they'll "just win a title" because the Lakers seem to win one at least once a decade...as if its some written law in the NBA bylaws. They're a cheeky bunch and I would love it if they struck out on both Paul George AND LeBron.

Honestly, if they got LeBron not only would they not be a great title contender, but their current young group would probably be stifled in their development by the existence of LeBron, especially Lonzo Ball. There's no way you're going to convince me Lonzo can do anything off the ball. The guy CAN'T SHOOT for ****. The same would be true with Ben Simmons.

DonKnock likes this.
  19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

People seriously underestimate how good this team was. You don’t luck into 65 wins. We weren’t even healthy for good chunks of it. We were a Paul injury, a ref screw job, or a couple 3 pointers away from winning the championship.

Why the **** would Chris Paul walk away from the best team he’s ever been on and by far the most money? He’s not. He’s a free agent by name only.

hakeem94, ryano2009 and DonKnock like this.
  20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Thx for that. When did Woj say that?

Link?