1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Cat in the Hat

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Oski2005, Oct 9, 2002.

1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I was hoping they would try something different with the makup, but it looks like Mike Myers is going to look like a black and white Grinch. I've heard that the story is going to be altered as well, like the Grinch. Hopefully there won't be any flash back scenes that show the cat as a kitten.

You can see a pic here.

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I'm not even going to ask how they plan to make a 2 hour movie from a 60 page children's book, considering they made a movie about the Grinch...

3. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

I heard they have a working title - "The Cat who Shagged Me." :D

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I wasn't a fan of the Grinch movie. I hope they do better this time around with the Cat in the Hat, but I won't bother seeing it unless the reviews are generally glowing.

I should have paid attention to the review from the NY Times about the Grinch movie that started with the word, "Ugh."

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just hope that Thing 1 and Thing 2 or portrayed well. They are my favorites.

6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I was very disappointed by "The Grinch" movie. I was so used to seeing the cartoon version for so many years and then they come with this totally altered version of that classic. Man, I hope they do a better job for all you "Cat" fans out there.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

The Grinch movie had a very 'adult' theme going on. I mean they had swingers in a damn kids movie. That movie was just rotten for me. I hope cat in the hat is much better. I think there is an opportunity for the cat to go outside the story line. As long as he's creating trouble they can go pretty much anywhere they want with this. Could be funny. And mike Myers seems like a good fit. We'll see...

8. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

I don't see how a live action movie based around the Dr. Suess books is going to be all that accurate or good.

9. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I hope that the movie will be good. I know the Universal is spending HUGE bucks on making it. Hopefully those huge bucks will result in a good film.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I am not holding my breath for a Seussian film adaptation. Has anyone else had their mind melted by this film?

[​IMG]

That movie did far more damage to my brain than any of the drugs that I've taken. See that kid? Is he wearing a beanie with a hand coming out of it? YES, HE IS! I highly recommend this movie as a rental for any and all ages. Perhaps the most bizarre thing I have ever seen, on screen or off screen, in reality or in dreams. I am starting to twitch just as I think about it.

edit: quote from a fan site --

"Dr. Seuss's Hollywood classic continues to delight audiences of all ages. Spectacular sets and whimsical musical numbers set the stage for the zany and maniacal Dr. Terwiliker whose ultimate goal is to keep 500 boys captive to play his mile long piano. Young Bart Collins, the hero of the story, finds himself living his nightmare of practicing the piano. "Practice makes perfect", insists Dr. T. "

edit2: man oh man, do I ever know how to kill a thread. :( seriously, I gotta back off.

#10 B-Bob, Oct 9, 2002
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2002