1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Case for Thaddeus Young

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Medicine N Music, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He has a player option that he will most likely decline for the 15-16 season, so he'll probably be a FA during summer of 2015, when many premier FAs are available.

#21 Medicine N Music, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  2. RikSmits

RikSmits Member

Good post, but why would Philly trade Asik for Young?
    I'd think Philly would want young pieces and draft picks, not a center who won't match well with Hawes defensively.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

Why do people keep worrying about this? What we need is not another superstar who plays 0 defense. We need one more good player who fills the right role(s) and plays good D.

4. RikSmits

RikSmits Member

And I forgot to add: Philly traded Holiday and their draft pick for Noel, another all-defense, little offense player, How would Asik fit in that picture?

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Why do people keep trying to replace Jones??? He fits perfect with the team. We do not need another starting PF. So no to young. It would be a waste to trade for him when he is not a pressing need.

6. Medicine N Music

Supporting Member

They wouldn't want Asik. We are trying to trade Asik for a lottery pick, which is what the 76ers want.

Please read my post. I have never stated that we should replace Terrance Jones.
    We are adding him IN ADDITION to Jones. He fits a pressing need in that we need a two way perimeter player. He fits this mold. Think of Thad Young as a SF, who can also slide to PF, which is beneficial when we go small.

7. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Cool Story bro!

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Marc Gasol and rajon rondo play defense, so does lma.

9. Sanity2disChaos

Turner not young is the answer...2/3 and even 1 at times tnat will play defense and score in bunches at times...t.jones is a legit pf in the nba.he will be very good towards the end of the season.

10. Sanity2disChaos

Gasol for asik....lin for rondo.

injured for the misplaced!

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

Gasol (redundant with Howard) and Rondo (can't shoot) don't fit on this team. LMA is an average defender at best and his offensive game is overrated. Anyway, I bet he stays with Portland now that they're at least looking like a playoff team.

12. Medicine N Music

Supporting Member

I have no clue what you're saying.

13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Philly traded Holiday for Noel and the Pellie's draft pick.

14. larsv8

No offense to what you currently believe, but we aren't going to blow our chances at another all NBA caliber player for Thadeus Young.

15. Medicine N Music

Supporting Member

You mentioned Marc Gasol and Rondo as possible trades that we can make in a previous post. I would love to get Marc Gasol and switch Howard to the 4, but this is not happening. He won't be available.

Rondo is a different case. He is a play maker, defensive beast, but can't shoot to save his life. As we saw with the failed Howard/Asik experiment, we really do play better with 4 guys on the floor that can shoot. If you add in Rondo, I'm not sure if his play making will offset the negatives of less floor spacing. Parsons and Harden both play better when their is room to operate. Rondo needs the ball in his hands. We can't have Howard, Harden, Parsons, and Rondo all needing the ball.

I'm not totally against trading for Rondo, but as we're seeing with Brooklyn, you can't just get "stars" and hope everything works out. We already have our main scorers/play makers. We need a role player that doesn't need the ball in his hands, that can stretch the floor, and play great perimeter defense. Thad Young is your guy for that.

16. Classic

Classic Member

This just pushed this scenario from hypothetical to likely happening. DMV worker = barber = real estate agent.

17. larsv8

I am not talking about trades, I am talking about the franchising altering free agency period of 2015 in which numerous difference makers will be on the market and we will have considerable capspace due to the expiration of Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik's contracts.

Morey has very cleverly positioned himself to be able to add a third all nba caliber player in free agency before using bird rights to resign Parsons/Beverley.

Now it would require moving Jones/Dmo and our picks, but adding a Illyasova, Anderson, Thad young or anyone with a 3 year deal is going to remove that option. I would be shocked if that happened. That is why Milsap is so ideal.

18. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

I'm not in favor of trading T Jones unless you get an established star at PF instead.

Jones is developing into a real good player who can do everything pretty decently.

19. Medicine N Music

Supporting Member

I referenced this in my posts already. Thaddeus Young has a player option ($9 million) that he will most likely decline and become a FA at the summer of 2015. This FITS your scenario. Everyone wants to get in on 2015's summer. He knows that teams will have cap space and money to spend. Only a few teams will get all-nba players in 2015.

Again, I did not say anything about trading Terrance Jones. This is in addition to having Jones on the team.

#39 Medicine N Music, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  20. larsv8

I am less convinced of that than you are.