1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The case for starting Asik at the 4

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Aug 5, 2013.

1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I wanted Smith also. With him the Rockets would have a defense on par with Indiana. But I think that maybe Howard's offensive acumen will free up some energy in the wing players next season. I would love to see Harden's ppg drop 4 points and his defensive effort improve by 30%. The same with Parsons. Lin's defensive effort is always 100% IMHO, but perhaps the addition of Howard's offense will free up the other wings to expend more energy on defense.

2. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

OK

I will disagree with you man to man defense and Lin but his team defense is maybe among the tops. Harden definitely needs to get on the ball and our kid prospects need to start bringing the D or we need to find them new teams. We will go no where unless this team starts getting serious on clamping down.

3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I actually think they are in good hands with McHale and his coaching staff. With Morey in the background of course. With a training camp to prepare (the last one was completely blown up 2 days before the season started) and Howard I am very optimistic about the Rockets defense next season.

4. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

ok

See. We can agree. :)

To show I can be reasonable I will give Lin an A on team defense. An C on man to man. To understand my insight further. The defenders man needs to be in the fetal position crying for their mommy before they get an A from me.

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I honestly cannot think of when I have disagreed with you on this topic. But every day is a new day for me. LOL. Best to you and yours.

6. jocar

jocar Member

[​IMG]

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dude, OKC doesn't have an elite front court! Why are you including them here? Denver will change the result. Why are you arguing something using injured players subbing for starters, teams that have weak front courts, and leaving out teams that dominated us?

The whole point is that our PF last year really hurt us defensively.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Yeah, you are assuming that you are going to post-up Howard when Asik is in the game. And the only reason Howard gets doubled team in that situation is because he can't pass interiorly to the wide open Asik.

because Howard and Asik won't be in the game that much together, Howard will be able to post up in other situations. And lets not forget that Howard isn't even that effective from the post, he's more effective scoring on the PnR

9. PeacePeace

PeacePeace Member

[​IMG]

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

want to say that again?

11. Rockets590

Rockets590 Rookie

that again

12. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Paul Millsap in December, it makes too much sense.