1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The case for doing nothing this summer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Feb 28, 2013.

1. ejarts

ejarts Member

Trade Robinson+someone for Kevin Love. Rebound+ Shooting. Perfect fit for Rockets. Plus he wants out of Min. Seriously, we can't rebound AT ALL. You'd think McHale would teach some rebound techniques. Smith is overrated, never been an allstar. Why would you pay max for him. Plus we need a backup big that can BLOCK. I don't mind Javale Mcgee.lol Atleast he can defend.

2. craguin

craguin Member

If you don't go for Gasol, would J.J. Hickson be a another good poison-pill candidate this next off-season?

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Funny, I thought we were already doing that... add a top 10 pf (and some things fall our way developmentwise) and I'd say we got a shot to make the finals...

4. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I didn't know once someone is signed they cannot be traded later.

They want to wait for LeBron.

5. Roachiep

Roachiep Member

Carlos Delfino??? He is the definition mid-level and one of the most solid and consistent contributors on this year's Rockets team. Someone else said OJ Mayo which is another outstanding answer with virtually the same bench track record as Delfino, just more spotlight and run in Dallas.

6. Roachiep

Roachiep Member

I respectfully disagree. The new CBA was specifically designed by owners to limit player costs while maximizing overall NBA revenue. That is EXACTLY what they did. Overpaying for semi-qualified players I personally believe is shortly going to be a thing of the past. The penalties for teams wandering into luxury tax territory are horrific and debilitating to all but the NY and LA teams. Front offices are FORCED now to think and act more wisely, and especially more judiciously when handing out large and approaching max contracts. The penalties more than double in the next 2 years and teams outside of LA and NY will think much more on the cost of going over the spending line as it will cost them dearly.
    I know the Lakers will always find a way to compete and take advantage of a big market system that ALWAYS seems to support Laker acquisitions even if they are unfair and wrong for the rest of the league, and they always go over the CHEATER, er I mean Salary Cap Threshold, but without puppet Sterns pulling the strings soon, the league may be able to find a true and FINALLY unbiased balance it has so long been lacking since one power-hungry miniature man named Sterns abused his commissioner power so absolutely as to prevent it from becoming a true league where any team from anywhere can win it all. He just required his approval for a team to win a championship. Balance will come with his long overdue resignation, and a much more fair and enjoyable league will be the offspring of his passing.