1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Budding Friendship of Yao Ming and Steve Francis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Fuse

Fuse Member

But we are talking about the present, and not 27 years ago when China first opened up.

2. lyrix

lyrix Member

LOL on the Black Biggie translation. But you guys must understand it's actually
    a good word in China if not neutral.

You gotta take the 5000 years of Chinese history into context. When this phrase was created long long time ago, the skin color of the people in China was all yellow. So saying a people black could suggest you are under the sun a lot, etc... Black and Biggie implies healthy and strong, not exactly but you got the idea.

3. poorgeorgechina

exactly, i like your point.

4. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

total fantasy bs...how could jvg take over rudys office when rudy never had an office at toyota center...it was new. this is the type of stuff that makes a board totally unreliable...this has donaghy credibility

5. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

I agree, Chinese hero in literature Zhang Fei was described as Black Big...
    Pryuen did a great job.

6. Northside Moss

Blast from the past? o_o

You did however unbury a very good thread.

7. singer

singer Member

man, Chinese aren't that alergic about this kinda issue...
    forgive him.

8. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Houston Chronicle actually reported on this so your point is factless.

9. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

I won't be surprised that a few bits and pieces described in the original article may be somewhat inaccurate, given the large amount of information it presents. But I'd be last person to call it "total fantasy bs" if I were you, especially I was exactly this person who started a thread not long ago saying Yao suffered a sprained ankle training with his CNT teammate, when the facts irrefutably showed the CNT were nowhere near Yao at the time.

#69 wnes, Jul 24, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2007
  10. denniscd

no credibility...francis has been to the playoffs once...with jvg. mobley has been more successful. i would have been happier to get mobley back. what did the combination of francis and mobley bring here except 4 straight lottery appearances...i guess we have to thank them for yao because without their poor play we would have never been in the lottery and never gotten yao.

11. denniscd

wnes he did sprain his ankle vs. a former teammate who used to play on the national team.

12. denniscd

and this is racist and should not be supported...we should not tolerate pruyens racially insensitive translation at all

13. P.P.Nicky

P.P.Nicky Member

LOL,it is not a big deal,man.We called a lot of Chinese hero like "black cyclone" or something.If a guy looks good,we will call him " little white face"
    Actually, eventhough all Chinese are yellow skin, but some of them are really looks like black skin or white skin, so we would like to call them black.. or white ...it is not a race point,just a joke. In China, we have 56 folks, black means motility and healthy. So, it is the meaning of Chinese words.

14. singer

singer Member

Actually I'm seeing this as more of a racial comment.

When Europeans first came across people who had a different skin color, they enslaved them. For those Chinese who touched a caucasian who had the skin color they'd never seen, Chinese just touched them. I'm not seeing who's worse.

15. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

It's only racist if they call you black ghost.

16. rocketsmetalspd

Thanks for the article translation Pryuen. SF3 will have a great season with T-Mac's and Yao's help. This team has a chance to be something special, if only the dreaded injuries and team chemistry don't stand in the way.

17. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

So I just realized I've made an enemy when I rebuked you on providing the faulty information about Yao Ming sprained his ankle by a national team team mate, eh??

As I explained, and as alot other posters pointed out, there was no intention whatsoever on my part to be racist. :rolleyes:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=3047781&postcount=26

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wait a minute, so if I go to rural China with my blonde hair, I will get touched?

That will save me the trouble of touching myself.

19. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

No, your opening post was
    You didn't say it was a *former* teammate who *used to* play on the national team. Your post carries unmistakable undertone that the national team is at fault for injuring Yao. Moreover, if you knew in the first place that no current CNT player was involved but elected not to report on this BBS as is, your credibility and ulterior motive should be put under much greater scrutiny.

20. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Can you advise the name of that player?? :rolleyes: