1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The bright side

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kaitanuva, Dec 28, 2012.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yes, he most certainly does.

D-Mo's main problem is on D, and it isn't as if Morris and Patterson have been lockdown. Patterson has no postgame, and Morris is useless if his shot isn't falling. Neither player rebounds either.

D-Mo could be the answer at the 4, but McHale needs to let him on the floor first. He still has lots of things to work on, but this is our throwaway year, the year to let players grow. Same goes for T Jones.

2. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I would like to see Dmo get some time on the floor also, I think his offense is fine but the problem has to be with his D.

I don't think we are having a throw away year, I think the Rockets will try to win as many games as they can.

3. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Excellent post.

4. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

My response about DMo was in reference to the question how can we keep Asik on the floor when he's having a bad offensive game like tonight? He kept making TOs or getting blocked. Smith was also ineffective.

To keep Asik on the floor because we need his defense and rebounding, pair him with an offense-minded 4 with a post-up game and outside shooting. On the current Rockets, DMo is the only one who can fit the bill.

Game went so fast coaches probably couldn't think about it. But next game, we fall into the same predicament, coaches should give DMo a shot. With set plays by the way. Pops was using both Duncan and Splitter together. I think DMo can handle Splitter.

5. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

hehe by the playoffs time we will learn all the tricks...boy this year well be watching some exciting playoffs

6. mesta

mesta Member

Positive.
    Asik got schooled by one of the best NBA player Tim Duncan. Hopefully he will learn something out of it. If you play against the best you will work harder and get better.

Also in my opinion Asik might have been alittle bit complacent after kicking noah's butt, because for two years Noah had always been the better player who kept him off the court. Now Asik has a new player to look up to. and Tim Duncan is crafty always try to get better

7. zdrav

zdrav Member

The Spurs play at home and get 3 superstar efforts from their Big 3, plus an outrageous performance from Danny Green?

And they only win by 6?

The Rockets should be patting themselves on the back. They were a few missed Tim Duncan/Danny Green shots away from winning.

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

Motiejunas, in that one stretch where he was playing non-garbage minutes, looked absolutely like a lost kid on defense. I rewatched those minutes a couple of times because I love the kid's potential.

I am more in favor of playing guys to let them learn on the job, but not when he's that bad. That's the kind of defense that needs lots of repetition on the practice floor before he should see the court. Otherwise, it puts way too big a strain on other players. I would say Jones is more NBA ready at this point. DMo really needs some serious work so he doesn't develop Bargnani syndrome.

9. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Dude. OKC tomorrow.

Enough said.

10. trowa2

trowa2 Member

i honest believe the spurs will be relevant as long as coach pop is coaching the spurs

11. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I actually don't see how anyone would be upset with our situation... We are way ahead of schedule, Harden offensively already plays like a top 5 player, Lin is slowly getting comfortable and back to his Linsanity days, Parsons is putting up crazy numbers in just his second year and Asik is a double double machine. And to top it all of: we are the youngest team of the league and have max cap space left.

This season was a blast so far and we are way better than anyone expected. So, despite losing against a title contender, right now there only is a bright side...

12. Scola4life

Scola4life Member

The Rockets are the only team in the division (with the Hornets who only have 2 above horrible players) with a bright future ahead.

In 2 years San Antonio will lose 3 hall of famers (Tim, Manu, Pop). Tough to be a contender in that situation.

Dallas may well lose 1 HoF in Dirk, and there's no indication that another superstar is going to join him. Having an old team, it's time for them to start over.

Memphis? Well Memphis will certainly not improve other than a major free agent coming. They don't have the cap to do it. This is their ceiling