1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The brewer hate case

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4Life13, Dec 10, 2016.

1. jayfree

jayfree Member

They should put Brewer in to cherry pick for a play or two then take him out every game. That way by Feb. he could have a FG% of over .500 and we could trade him like he is the next best thing finally ready to take the next step.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Again 8 mil for the 9th or 10th* guy off the bench??

3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

well the bulls hated rodman but jordan/pippen NEVER had a conversation with him other than a few words like "good rebound" or "nice steal", and they had a 3peat.

dont need brewer. need to trade his ass

4. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I hated that contract the moment I found out. I knew we were overpaying to keep the "squad" together.

But comparing other contracts to somewhat similar players, thank goodness Brewer is only 8M. Look at Solomon Hill's contract. He is making 13M and putting up averages of 5/4/2, shooting 34/29 for NOP.

After this season, Brewer's deal become an expiring. We probably still need to include a pick to move him but 8M is a very good expiring contract to have to even out salaries.

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

It's not ideal to compare bad contracts. Isn't he making about the same as Bev and Ariza thats a good comparison and it puts things into perspective.

6. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

my theory is that corey brewer just so happens to be the nicest/most generous dude ever and no one wants to deal with actually yanking his minutes and making him sad.

that or he's got pics of les/morey.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I really think he is terrible, but he does bring energy and maybe for 10 mins a game or so the team needs it?

DD

8. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Brewer seems like a really great guy. He just kind of sucks at basketball.

9. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I just wanted to point out that Morey's done a very good job at managing contracts. He really hasn't overpaid guys like other teams have. Brewer and Anderson are probably the two contracts that people will point to as an overpay, but their's aren't too bad.

The threat Anderson brings as a stretch PF has really opened up the floor for Harden and our offense. Anderson's been pretty inconsistent this season but he really showed up for a good amount of games to keep us in it, especially that Warriors game (scored our final 8 points in regulation, I think). It would have been better if we could have gotten him for like 15M, but oh well. The cap is gonna keep on rising so hopefully his contract won't be too bad.

Brewer's deal is bad but it does decrease every season and like I said, its an expiring after this season.

Morey has a good collection of team-friendly contracts that he could mix and match to get rid of if a star FA wants to come in. Brewer, DMo, Ariza, Bev, McDaniels are all on good team-friendly deals and can add up to at least 33M.

10. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

He's been good lately. You guys are always just late to see obvious things.

I've been saying this for years, Brewer is the type of guy who makes a really good team even more dangerous. Brewer is also the type of guy, however, who is completely useless on a team that isn't great.

In particular, if a team fails to get out in transition, or a team is not adept at creating turnovers, Brewer is useless.

Luckily, this year, our team is good at those things. I think also that the emergence of Dekker has helped Brewer be better. It's very hard for teams to handle Brewer and Dekker when they cut or when they get out on the break.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Our team is good Brewer isn't. He's a wasted slot someone more useful could fill.

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Not really.

I'm sure there's a reason coaches love him. And aside from that completely garbage season last year, Brewer has been a good player for the Rockets.

That's not disputable.

No one was complaining about him when he and Smith carried us past the clippers into the WCF.

Don't be one of those "what have you done for me lately?" type people.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

And I bet we would defeat the Germans at Pearl Harbor, too.

Os Trigonum and Pen15clubber like this.
  14. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Yes brew is a good locker room player. We are on a winning streak that's why he's been tolerable.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

"You guys are so weird, lol Brewer has been here a year and a half ALMOST two years and you just called him garbage for a year of it then you are calling me a "what have you done for me lately people" LMAO. Do you even recognize when bs is coming out of your mouth? Is it on purpose or is it just natural? Yes you're right about him and Smith as well, the other quarters of every game where James Harden was carrying us dont count just one quarter where brewer played well thats what counts, lol. "

I was going to respond with the above until I realized you're joking, sorry my sarcasim meter tends to not work on the internet, lol.

16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Oh boy. I don't even know how to respond to this.

What a weird response.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I've been saying he's having a decent season so far. The people who are hating on him are just waiting for him to make a mistake.

DudeWah and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

If you weren't joking I would have to ask if you received a labotomy sometime in the recent past because that would be one of the worst posts I've read on Clutchfans and thats saying a lot.

19. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

The guy is supposed to thrive in transition right? Then why can't he make a fast break layup?

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

If the Rockets want to upgrade before the trade deadline Brewer is the best way to go and you wouldnt hurt chemistry. You could upgrade the team with a 3 and d guy.