1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The BOXING thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Angkor Wat, Jun 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. cebu

cebu Member

glad to see Broner humiliated.

2. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I understand why De La Hoya would want to fight Mayweather - monster payday and little risk of serious injury. But Golovkin? Maybe he wants to bring him to Golden Boy. People whine about no one wanting to fight GGG, but that lets his current promotion off the hook. K2 seems content in finding him tomato cans for non-ppv fights. He's not a young guy. His prime is now and he needs big opponents.

I have no idea what his deal with K2 is, but I bet he'd leave, if he could, for fights against Oscar and Canelo.

3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

He isn't young, but frankly he hasn't taken much damage throughout his career. I've not seen him yet buzzed or wobbled in his professional fights, and hes been caught with some clean shots from power punchers, frankly hes got a great chin which just adds to the terminator aura he's got.

He ain't an Erik Morales 33, and his style doesn't really rely on his reflexes/speed in the way that a RJJ or Sergio Martinez does. I could see him around barring a severe KO for the next 3 to 4 years at least. He's a great fighter to watch.

4. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Floyd Mayweather Likely to Be Stripped of WBO 147-Pound Title Belt

5. Panda23

Panda23 Member

pretty poor performance from thurman. dude ragged on Khan for fighting Collazo nekminit cant properly put him away

6. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I, unfortunately, missed the fight, but saw that body shot Thurman took. I was impressed he didn't go down. You could see him wincing, and of all the body shots I've seen that really hurt an opponent, few get up.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Floyd vs. Berto looks like it's going to happen -- what do you think?

8. EssTooKayTD

Berto has not been too impressive for a while has he? My last image of him is with his eyes busted up against...Ghost was it?

Khan, again, is saying he has a good chance to land the fight too. Whatever.

I think I'm done with Mayweather, myself. I respect aspects of his fighting, and detest other parts. If someone buys it, I'll go catch it, but I won't be buying this one.

9. dragician

dragician Member

You can't blame Floyd, he's a big fan of WWF.

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

CBS September 12th. :eek:

So you will be mooching off someone else's purchase? :p

LOLs. You or he won't have to buy; it will be free on CBS.

11. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Lomachenko vs rigondeaux. Four gold medals, two of the greatest amateurs ever, should be great

12. Beavis Stiffler

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    *The fight card will be tape delay @ 10 pm CT on UniMas

13. EssTooKayTD

Maybe, I (or my bro) have purchased his fights each time outside of the Ortiz one (dodged that bullet haha). I'm hardly a mooch. I guess my point was, I'm tiring of his style, so even if it's free on CBS, I might still pass. If he were more exciting, it'd be different. Maybe if he chose a more deserving opponenet, i'd be different. But it's the same story with Floyd, and I guess I've been duped enough. I'll just catch the result and highlights or something.

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

cotto v canelo & golovkin v lemieux. the second half of the year has some great marquee fights lined up.

15. Panda23

Panda23 Member

It's sort of a middleweight tournament, Canelo vs GGG please

16. EssTooKayTD

Danny Garcia vs. Paulie Malignaggi and Jacobs fights this weekend on ESPN (PBC).

I'm interested to see how Garcia does against someone who can and probably will outbox him. He got outboxed by some lesser competition recently.

17. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

why do i think malignaggi is not good?

18. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Because he isn't. Every time he's stepped up to face 'elite' competition he's been out of his depth. Additionally he's go absolutely no punching power and every time he gets beat the opposition must be on steroids.

He just ain't all that.

19. Beavis Stiffler

Plus, I can't stand how he talks. IDK, why? He's too guido.

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

He's decent enough for analysis but he has the most incredible bias against pacquaio and porter it isn't even funny