1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Bill Worrell Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shawn786, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

He tapped your mama too? Damn, he tapped mine also! Honestly, I think he may be my father. My Mama told me when I was born, instead of crying I made a noise like "Yaoza, Yaoza, Yaoza!"

2. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Well he was Calvin's right hand man for a longggg time & he's been w/ plently of woman!!!

I guess Murphy rubbed off on him a little bit :)

3. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Post of the week.

4. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

OMG, LOL. I'm glad i checked BBS for this one.

5. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

I like Worrell and Bull though, they are a good combination. Bullard has been impressive lately, he definately knows the game. I'm really tired of Clyde's announcing though. Now he truly is terrible.

6. Jake_B

Jake_B Member

Classic

7. JayLau910

JayLau910 Member

I loved Bill and Calvin back in the day. Or however long ago it was. Calvin would always give more incite about the game of bball and that's what I liked about him.

Bullard's been better lately, especially compared to Clyde. But I think most of us can't stand Clyde because of how he sounds. Like whenever I hear him speak I know one of those "Drexlerisms" is coming.

I've heard JVG announce some ESPN games and I must say I like how in depth he goes with explaining things the way they are. Like I learn more about basketball when I hear him speak sometimes. Well sometimes anyway. Still waiting for the first time he announces a Rockets game. That'll be something I'll be sure to catch ...

Hmm. I'm not so sure Bill knows that that much about bball. Like I'd assume he knows about as much as the normal clutchfans member would ... but ya. I guess I just prefer to have broadcasters who can really analyze past what a normal basketball fan would. Love the guy though. It was always entertaining to see him and Calvin work together during those Rockets days and he still does his thing. Bill's awesome.

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

Seems like we had one of these in the summer. Well, here we go again. I love Bill Worrell. I think he is an excellent play by play guy, and really adds a great deal of enjoyment to watching the games on TV. I like Ballard as well, excellent color guy.

9. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I like him even more now

If you think Worrell is a terrible announcer, I suggest you order NBA League Pass and listen to some of the other team's play-by-play guys

Bill is definitely one of the best, even if he is a total homer (which he should be)

10. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Although his makeup makes him look like a high-class zombie, Bill Worrell is the t***.

11. stillillmatic

stillillmatic Member

worrell is pretty good actually, but i gotta say some of his stuff are definetly pretty embrassinig like Tracy with a facey

12. SLrocket

SLrocket Contributing Member

lol i thought i was the only one that heard tracy with the facey

13. Top Geezer

Top Geezer Member

Worrell sucks...he is hella boring...bring someone in who has passion...but maybe I am just too spoiled bc I am from europe where commentators are better anyway...check out this video...this is the real stuff...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tlp1_Cgs3Ug&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tlp1_Cgs3Ug&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

14. Red1

Red1 Member

Bill is great, a real stand up guy. when the Murph man was going through his whole ordeal with his daughters, Bill stood by his friend, and put his rep on the line by defedning him...and he seems to have snagged a pretty decent amount of tail by the looks of the thread...lol "finished her off with a facey" classic

15. Tree-Mac

Tree-Mac Contributing Member

That video from Top Geezer is so funny! Look at how annoying that man with the mustache is.

16. Man-Dingo

Man-Dingo Member

haha, yall are crazy, Bill the MilfHunter. I guess i will start looking at him differently now

17. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

Bill and Calvin were the best in the biz they had a special chemistry you don't see very often. I don't think we'll be seeing that again anytime soon but I hope I'm wrong. I liked the team of Bill and Van Chancelor because Van did have some decent analysis of the games. It was hard to get used to Drexler but now I'm used to him just repeating what Bill says.

18. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

OMFGLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. docgundy

docgundy Member

Who's your mom? I might know her.

Also, I remember I saw Bill once at the golf course and his girlfriend was smoking hot. She looked half his age.

20. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

He used to be an alcoholic, his co-workers at 610 radio don't like him and he isn't that big of a Rockets fan.

He only does his job out of convenience and would rather be doing other things with his time.