1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Bill Worrell Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shawn786, Nov 9, 2007.

1. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Yeah, I'd be mad too if I knew Bill had sex with my mom...

2. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

You really don't know how good you have it. Just listen to other announcers on LP, you will appreciate how good Bill is.

Bill is getting closer to the age of retirement though. I don't know how the Rockets game will be without him.

3. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

LOL. Well said

4. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

Word, I have come to appreciate Bill by contrast to other announcers, esp. the Boston announcers. I have no idea who they are but their accents are too thick to digest and they take homerism to a new level. I understand we want the home team to win, but any intelligent basketball fan can admit when some times their team got away with a foul that was not called or when an opponent gets a clean block on your guy. Worrell is honest and calls them like they are without compromising the Rocket pride. Granted he can be pretty cheesy with his tendency to rhyme names and made-up words, but he is pretty good with the play by play. I love him and want his sack.

5. pongd

pongd Member

i do not appreciate bill using the "hang a washer on that shot" call for tmac tonight. that call belongs to juwan and juwan only lol

6. RocketClay

RocketClay Member

i like worrell alot for basketball. he sucked when he did color commentating for astros home games with bill brown.

7. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

bill is a great basketball commentator but a not a good baseball one. bill and calvin was the best combo ever. its a shame we cant have them together right now.

8. persian hoopa

persian hoopa Contributing Member

I love Bill too. I am 32 years old and he has been the guy announcing our games as long as I have been alive and followed the Rockets. I am bummed that Geno and Foley are going to retire after this year. They are great and are institutions as well. Part of the reason that the Rockets are my favorite team is because of the history and memories I have with these guys.

9. YaoYi

YaoYi Member

I shall join the choir sing praises for Worrell.

Good things about Bill:

1) nice, full head hair (transplant?) !

2) a sense of humor. Once he and Bullard were interview Yao after a game ... I think it was Yao's 40+ point game against the Wizards. Usually Bill stands and Bullard sits on a chair so they'd look like the same height on cam. But when Yao walked over for the interview, Bullard had to stand up so he could talk to Yao, leaving Bill down there looking extremely short, so Worrel climed up the chair he was sitting and stood up on it, now he's taller then Yao! I thought that was pretty funny and quick witted of him. :D :D

3) he's clueless at time but he talked good, a consummate professional

10. surrender

surrender Member

Bill's OK, but I love his enthusiasm.

Now, Gene Peterson is a Houston legend, and he deserves a statue outside of the TC. I've contemplated taking up smoking just to get a voice like his

11. Jake_B

Jake_B Member

If you like sub-par play by play with a bunch of redundant & corny catchphrases mixed with absurd and somewhat silly basketball evaluations, than Bill & Calvin are the greatest. Otherwise Gene and Jim are by far superior.

12. Franco7

Franco7 Member

Who hasn't??

13. Man-Dingo

Man-Dingo Member

Ummm, does that mean you think i'm terrible too

14. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Thanks Bill. You are the BEST !!!!

15. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

Bill Worrell is such a badass:

- Rockets PBP
    - Astros PBP
    - MILF Hunting

16. Man-Dingo

Man-Dingo Member

that should be his new nickname, MILFHunter

17. Possum

Possum Member

Entertaining??? Yuck!!! Bill was terrible the last couple of years with Calvin. It was like he was so distracted by Calvin he could focus on the game. He was terrible. I use to turn down the volume on the tv and put on the radio it got so bad. Now if you if want to show youre appreciation for a consumate pro Gene Peterson is the man.

18. Franco7

Franco7 Member

Murphy is obnoxious. The guy never shuts up.

19. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

LMFAO. You can sense all that anger in his post. I can imagine Bill's voice right now, "Yeah, I actually did hit that. I gave her a dream shake and finished it off with a Facey."

20. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

:eek: