1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    EAST FINALS GAME 4 -- can the Pacers avoid being swept? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The big positive about loss against Denver

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kaitanuva, Apr 6, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Like Rox chances against a Ginobli-less and a banged up Parker Spurs team a little more. Likely won't win the series but if they play uptempo I think it can be a long series.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The big positive is that it may force McHale and Morey into finally calling up Royce White and giving our most talented rookie some minutes.

3. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

Excellent post sir. I think its the mistakes from our inexperience that was our biggest downfall but I see our upside as a team and individuals higher than their upside/ceiling.

4. SirKen

SirKen Member

Oh come on now. If Gallo wasn't out, they had a solid chance of making a surprise this year.

5. VanityHalfBlack

Coach Carl> Mchale?

6. VanityHalfBlack

I might be crazy but I think the Nuggets are going to the Finals.

7. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Karl may "preach" defense, but they must not care, because they have the 7th worst defense in the NBA.

8. dyknow

dyknow Member

You have to adjust for pace.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/order/true

4th on O, 11th BEST on D. Their D is above average.

Rox are 6th on O, 19th on D.

9. nchan

nchan Member

Why doesn't anyone think we have a chance against Denver? I watched the game yesterday, and thought the Rockets has a pretty good chance against Denver in a playoff series if they put more effort in defense. The only reason we lost yesterday was because our guys were all gassed out and there were no energy in the defense side. Our guys were not in shape to play yesterday's game. During half time, when our players walked to the locker room, they all looked like zombies.

10. Nook

Nook Member

McHale can be pretty hard on his players. Lets not forget that 6 of the top 7 players on the Rockets have been together for 8 months... Team defense takes time.

11. wendzall

wendzall Member

denver is locked in at 3 and if playing more playoff games is the goal for this season than avoiding 6th seed is the goal.

12. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

Another big positive is TJones with a big impact at the 4. Maybe he will start seeing some more minutes. And his 4 offensive rebounds were stellar

13. Little General

Would you guys rather have made the playoffs or get a lottery pick?
    I know it's already a done deal making the playoffs, but if we're not even going for the ring, isn't it better to get a high pick? Or is it more a statment that we can be very good?

14. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

REPPED! except they are not a huge favorite...

15. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I just have to say this and I decided to say it in this thread.

I am proud of our Rockets team. For a team that has overachieved the last few years, this has been the season we have overachieved by the most. Even if we were to lose every game these last 5 games (which, isn't going to happen). We have accomplished so much and have one of the brighter futures in the NBA.

The reason I say this is because when you look at a team like Denver (a team who has made the playoffs the last 10 years or so) they are always good, but never in real contention of anything. With us, I feel like we have every tool available to us to put us in contention within three years.

So, although Denver is a better version of us, we have the brighter future IMHO.

16. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I like this post. It kind of states what I just did before I knew this post was in here (so of course I like it!)

They are like us in the future. The good thing is (which, I am sure you weren't implying we will have the same roster 3-4 years from now), we will not have the same team 3-4 years in the future and Morey will consolidate his players into another all star which Harden + other all star + Morey-type players on small contracts is a better team than Denver.

17. BallWiz

BallWiz Member

Yes there a good home team BUT!

teams had a lot of back to back when going into denver just like the rockets last night at least its what I heard.

18. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

The warriors have games against San Antonio, OKC, Utah and LAL. To say there's no way in hell we're catching them seems extremely short-sighted.

1 person likes this.
  19. Nextup

Nextup Member

The rockets have a great chance to upset Denver in a playoff series. They have zero superstars gallinari is out and Lawson is banged up. We didn't even have parsons, harden is still a little banged up and it was a back to back. The rockets have been playing great recently and they look to be peaking for the playoffs. Denver is vulnerable don't let this one game fool you.

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I think the ROX just match up terribly against the Nuggs. I think our best chance at a 1st round upset would be against SA or OKC. Denver would sweep us.