1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Big Lie About Migrant Crime Debunked

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, Apr 11, 2024.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah over time the data matters if it's continued to be restated, and restated, and restated. At some point the conspiracy theory addicted portion of our society do acknowledge time tested facts, or at least don't argue as aggressively that they are correct. Something as stupid as the earth being flat is believed by some, and some passionately in a safe place, but if they are publicly asked about it, there's alot of hesitancy to get caught looking completely moronic.

The point needs to be made that just because you believe in it, doesn't mean it's a fact. For immigration in 2024... yeah... we have a short period of time to repeat over and over and over again that this fantasy of "BROWN PEOPLE COMING TO GET YOU" is more fantasy than fact, and the people selling you this fantasy are actually billionaire grifters looking to distract you while you take away your rights, and rob you blind.

Tall order to disrupt that fantasy with all who believe it, but if on the margins some can be spoken truth to, it'll pay dividends in November. Time is running out though to start making those points in a much more effective way.

deb4rockets likes this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I see what you are saying from a societal perspective, but I would be curious as to where "super rich" starts for you, and what you would suggest to address the issue?

3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Also, to add to @Nook's perspective from his work as a prosecutor, I worked briefly in a similar role in Germany, and even back then, foreigners were vastly overrepresented in criminal activities. That has only gotten worse since then.

https://yournews.com/2024/04/11/2768078/nearly-six-in-ten-violent-crime-suspects-in-germany-are/

Nearly Six in Ten Violent Crime Suspects in Germany are Foreign Migrants, Federal Police Crime Statistics Show

Federal police crime statistics released in Germany this week reveal that nearly six in ten suspects in violent crime cases were committed by foreign migrants, sparking debate over the country’s open-door immigration system.By yourNEWS Media Staff

Nearly six in ten suspects in violent crime cases in Germany were committed by foreign migrants, according to federal police crime statistics released this week. The data shows that foreigners without a German passport represented 111,517 suspects alleged of violent crimes out of the total 190,605 suspects for the country as a whole, or 58.5 percent.

Non-German foreigners make up a disproportionate number of suspected criminals and nearly 60 percent of violent crime suspects, despite making up just 14.6 percent of the population. The number of non-German suspected violent offenders increased by 14.5 percent, contributing to an overall rise of 8.6 percent in violent crime reports over the previous year and the highest level since 2007.

Reports of theft also saw an increase of 10.7 percent over the previous year, with non-Germans accounting for 187,000 out of the total 424,000 suspected thieves. Excluding immigration crimes, the number of non-Germans suspected of any crime rose by 17.8 percent in 2023 to 923,269 suspects, representing nearly half of the 2.25 million total suspected criminals last year.

Sociologists and criminologists within Germany noted that there can be “distorted images from the simple division into German and non-German criminals.” Arguments have been put forward as to the possible explanations for the apparent higher criminality among foreigners within the country, such as the fact that most immigrants in the country are young men, and young men are the most likely to commit crimes of any group.

The broadcaster also posited that foreigners often experienced violence in their home countries before fleeing to Germany, which may therefore “lower the threshold for using violence.”

The figures have sparked a national debate within Germany about the government’s mass migration policies, which have radically transformed the country over the past decade since former Chancellor Angela Merkel opened the gates sparking the European Migrant Crisis in 2015.

Andrea Lindholz, a member of the Bundestag parliament for the centre-right Christian Social Union (CSU) party, said that rising crime in Germany “has to do with migration,” adding: “We need to manage migration better, we need to know who is coming to our country.”

Germany, Lindholz said, is reaching its “limit” in its “ability to integrate” migrants, saying that integration comes with cost that “realistically speaking, we don’t have.”

Following the release of the figures, Interior Minister Nancy Faeser vowed that the government would seek to deport migrant criminals more quickly, saying: “Anyone who does not follow the rules must go.” Faeser also admitted that the dire situation facing Germany should be discussed “without fear or resentment.”

However, Faeser, herself, has been a leading figure in trying to criminalize the most prominent anti-mass migration party in the country, the right-wing populist Alternative for Germany (AfD), which has surpassed Faeser’s own Social Democrat Party (SPD) in public support over the past year.

According to the data, foreigners without a German passport represented 111,517 suspects alleged of violent crimes out of the total 190,605 suspects for the country as a whole, or 58.5 per cent, broadcaster NTV reports.

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Here's a perfect example of what propaganda and racial fear mongering can do. History speaks for itself, and it's why someone like the Orange Man, spewing his propaganda and hateful rhetoric to incite right wing MAGA types, and other Americans into supporting him is so dangerous.

The Happiest Man on Earth is the story of Auschwitz survivor Eddie Jaku. This is an excerpt from the book, about the infamous Kristallnacht, the Night of Broken Glass...

It wasn't just Nazi soldiers and fascist thugs who turned against us. Ordinary citizens, our friends and neighbours since before I was born, Joined in the violence and the looting. When the mob was done destroying property, they rounded up Jewish people - many of them young children - and threw them into the river that I used to skate on as a child. The ice was thin and the water freezing. Men and women I'd grown up with stood on the riverbanks, spitting and jeering as people struggled.

'Shoot them!' they cried. 'Shoot the Jewish dogs!'

What had happened to my German friends that they became murderers? How is it possible to create enemies from friends, to create such hate? Where was the Germany I had been so proud to be a part of, the country where I was born, the country of my ancestors? One day we were friends, neighbours, colleagues, and the next we were told we were sworn enemies.

When I think of those Germans relishing our pain, I want to ask them, 'Have you got a soul? Have you got a heart?' It was madness, in the true sense of the word - otherwise civilised people lost.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Bill Maher a "fascist" now?

6. Nook

Nook Member

A good middle class is great - and even a healthy amount of rich, but not super rich is good too.

Having a middle class propped up by two workers in a family and huge debt - and few rich and a handful of mega rich is a disaster.

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Where does "super rich" start?

lol