1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Big 4 (The Good News)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PWR, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Didn't we win something like 90+% of the games that our main guys played last year? This year it's around 65% per the OP. So, no, we would not be like last year.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Actually, had they played all year together, at a minimum they would have the 13 wins they had. We don't know what they would have done in the other 37 games.

3. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Lmao he’s trying to help you, not debate you.

You haven’t presented clear logic or evidence, and an idea that’s poorly constructed with little context can’t be debated.

If you fix your argument, I bet more people will engage, if you’re actually interested in more than being right.

BamBam, hakeem94 and Mathloom like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Injuries to key players have devastated Rockets not just because of lack of talent (reduced efficiency in rebounding, defense, rim protection and offense - outside of Harden) but it has also had an indirect affect on the non- injured players.

Rockets remaining players are tired and playing hurt. New players and players recently returning from injury are trying to integrate but these things do not occur instantaneously and seamlessly no matter how much CF cries and gnash's their teeth.

5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Don't forget about Iman "Scottie Pippen" Shumpert

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Cp3 and EG were banged up from the start so even if they were there playing they werent 100% like last year.

Look at Cp3 now he is playing way better than he did at the start of the season. "Old man Cp3" is more of a meme than the way he has played since he came back from injury.

BaselineFade and hakeem94 like this.
  7. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

No idea if any of these numbers are correct including OP's 13-7. Just searched these up pretty lazily.

Warriors (Curry, Thompson, Durant, Donkey)
    32-7 (.821)​

76ers (Simmons, Embiid, Butler, JJ)
    22-7 ( .759)
    Bucks (Yannis , Bledsoe, Lopez, Middleton)
    37-12 (.755)

Raptors (Kawaii, Lowry, Ibaka, Siakam)
    21-9 (.700)

Nuggets (Jokic, Murray, Millsap, Harris)
    18-9 (.667)

Lakers (Lebron, Kuzma?, Ingram? Ball?)
    15-8 (.652)

Rockets (our big four)
    13-7 (.650)

Thunder (Russ, George, Grant, Adams)
    28-16 (.636)

Jazz (Mitchell, Gobert, Favors, Jingles)
    29-20 (.592)

Blazers (Lillard, CJ, Nurkic, Aminu)
    31-23 (.574)

Celtics ( Irving, Tatum, Al, Morris)
    21-16 (.568)

everyday eddie likes this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'll take hope wherever I can find it, OP. :cool:

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

maybe not second best, but second most important....he's the one providing the rebounds and defense that allows us to play this small ball. we can beat teams without paul or gordon, but without capela and harden in there we don't have a chance

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The warriors are 9-0 when the big 5 play.

11. Sanity2disChaos

I hear ya but I don’t think you can say he’s our second best player and be confident we can beat top tier teams. His rebounding is missed and he does provide somewhat of a defensive presence but I just can’t wrap my head around that with confidence. He does get most of his points off assists and put backs!! There’s also that!

12. jcmoon

second most important, how's that? like i said...Chris paul and eric gordon can't guard Karl Anthony Towns...get my point? he can't guard Lamarcus aldridge. He has added a post game...its mostly putbacks and assists, but even those he does better than Faried.

13. SinceEverSince

They lost there last game before all star break 9-1 now

14. windpuppy

windpuppy Member

The problem we are being outrebounded with a healthy Capela is because of the switch. When Capela is out of the paint, our wing/guards are below average rebounders. Our PF Tucker is undersized, who doesn't play above the rim. We lost Ariza and Luc who are above average rebounders for their position. Gordon is small, Ennis is okay I guess, and Harden wants to go out and launch fastbreaks so lot of the times he is already on the breakout.

Our latest OT win on Lakers with an inferior rebound 37:52 is an anomaly. 9 out of 10 times we lose that game, I guess this shows how stupid that Lakers team played that night.

To solve this, I think Capela needs to stay in the paint. Its okay to play an all switch defense, but we should have a focus to try out best to not rotate Capela to the perimeter and participate in those switches. If the opponent ball handler is *not* a lights out shooter, I say let's go under the screen and dare him to shoot (but not over the screen, to give up a straight line drive).

Otherwise I agree with your point. Rebounding, or defense in general, is attitude based. If we are not playing stupid offense chucking away shots and getting frustrated, I believe we have the chemistry to come back and play adequate defense as a unit.

smp likes this.
  15. Sanity2disChaos

Lost when you compared Capela (no post game/no jumper) to Towns, who isn’t on the warriors (so who cares). Not sure if a broken baby hook shot suffice as a post game. But I could be wrong!!

Faried has almost puts up the same numbers. Gauge that in comparison.

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Have we done the math for when Gordon is both healthy and playing like he did last year or is that WAY too small of a sample size?

17. jcmoon

dude are you a rockets fan? faried can't guard towns. capela can guard him. i said GUARD. i never said he's LIKE towns.

18. Sanity2disChaos

Rockets Realists !!

Why do we care if Capela can guard Towns?!!Are they going to magically beat us in any facet in a playoff series!!I think not. Maybe your point is muted.

19. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Far from a big anything.
    I rather be in Milwaukee’s position than the crap Tilman is trying to pull.
    Milwaukee owner already built a whole new arena and is always looking to improve their jerseys.
    We can’t even get a decent sized practice court, nevertheless, a uniform change.