1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Best Trade that didn't happen & The Yao Effect

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ncagg42, Jul 16, 2010.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yao is coming back and there have never been more doubters.....

This could be a fun year, if people just let go of their doubts and let it be.

DD

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I can't believe we are even debating this! this is crazy, of course we are a better team WITH Yao DUH! I don't need statistics to tell me that. First yes 17 gmes maybe a little too much. But don't forget we won 42 games without him and we had injuries all last season. Having Yao back gives us atleast an 8 - 10 game swing. That puts us at 50 - 52 wins for the season. The west is weaker this season and if Yao if healthy in the playoffs this team can when it all.

Do I need to remind people that this team took the lakers to 7 games and i do believe we would have won if Yao did not go down. You can say we had Ron Artest then but Artest was not the reason we pushed them to 7 it was Scola, Battier and Brooks, go back and watch the tapes. Our 22 win streak did not end with Yao but it sure as hell started with him. People tend to forget our biggest factor and that is INJURIES. The 2008 Rockets were good enough to win it all but we were beat up and had injuries to Yao, Tracy, Shane, Rafer and Landry. In short IF we are healthy we are indeed good enough to contend. But the magic word is IF.

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

exactly!