1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Best FA Big: Justin Williams

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sooner423, Feb 26, 2008.

1. krockets

krockets Member

I think there is a Marst 1st rule about playing in the playoff. Unless they waive him today, other wise, I think even if we sign him, he can't play in the playoff anyway..

2. krockets

krockets Member

Oops, typo.. March, not Marst... :D

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

Why not bring Justin Williams in on a ten day contract? Take a look. He looks good to me. No way he only weighs 225.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I wonder if management will waive Bobby Jones to get him? Secondly,will Elson be eligible for the playoffs? I feel even role players are starting to shun coming to Houston.

5. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Our Ralph Sampson was 7'4" and was 225lbs!! So its all in the mind and the truth of it is that thin is more healthy and durable! :p

6. meekg

meekg Member

HAHAHA, dude, and this is for real...dude was in a court case with his gf and another girl. Apparently the other girl claimed he and his gf drugged her and forced her into a threesome with them.

Dude knows where it's at! Ha, just kidding, but yeah all that stuff's true.

7. garthomps

garthomps Contributing Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/5596815.html

Rockets to bring in former King Williams
    Center to bring much-needed front-court depth

By JONATHAN FEIGEN
    Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle

The Rockets are expected to sign free-agent center Justin Williams to a 10-day contract to add front-court depth after the injury to Yao Ming.

Guard/forward Bobby Jones' 10-day contract ends after today's game in Dallas.

Williams, a former Sacramento King, is due in Houston tonight, in time to be on the roster before the Rockets play the Hornets on Saturday night.

"The Rockets are definitely interested in Justin," Williams' agent, Byron Irvin, said. "We'll see what happens in the next few days.

"He has a couple teams interested in him. We like the Rockets. He likes the Rockets. They've liked Justin in the past. They brought him in last year and have been watching him the past year or so. They have followed his progress."

Williams, 6-10, 240, is considered a prolific rebounder and had 12 in 23 minutes against the Rockets last month. In 48 career games, he has averaged 3.4 points and 3.4 rebounds.

"He's an energy, athletic, shot-blocking kind of guy," Irvin said. "He will learn from someone like Dikembe (Mutombo). He is like a shorter Dikembe."

8. meekg

meekg Member

9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Ralph was a great player but I don't know if you would call him "healthy and durable" considering how his career went.

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i would be pissed if elson goes back to the spurs seriously, it would just reek of something bad. the league really needs to put a concrete rule in place that if you get bought out after a trade you cannot rejoin the former team until the start of the following season.

11. lalala902102001

From the couple of times I've seen this kid, he's tough and not afraid of contact. I like this pickup.

12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

you called it.

13. hooroo

hooroo Member

so has justin williams officially signed on?

14. Lemarc

Lemarc Member

Yep, we need another big...Bobby Jones,you are the weakest link-goodbye!

Mavs are a better team and they will win tonight

-Charles "Cupcake Calories" Barkley

P.S. I recorded this game on my DVR, gonna watch it again tomorrow

15. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

OMG! He's that guy. I remember hearing that story and finding it desturbing yet funny.

16. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

interesting to note the wikipedia page on him:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Williams_(basketball)

"On October 17, 2007, Sacramento police searched Williams' home in a northern Sacramento neighborhood. The following day, at a press conference, a police spokesman indicated that they were conducting an ongoing sexual assault investigation, resulting from a young woman's appearance at a local hospital.[2]

Williams, who was traveling with the Sacramento Kings for an exhibition game in Albuquerque, New Mexico, was put on a leave of absence and sent home in order to hire legal counsel."

17. poprocks

poprocks Member

Now wait a minute. Didn't Barry get waived by the same team? The Sonics? If he goes back to the Spurs that really does smell of an insider deal.

Something stinks in Denmark.

On the other hand, if we could get Elson that would be awesome. Ya he's not an elite center but he might go well as a twin post with Yao. Could definately help us in a playoff run sharing time with Mutumbo. Veteran Center why not?

18. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I would love to have Elson, because that would mean more broadcast time for the rockets in the Netherlands.

19. Kriptic

Kriptic Contributing Member

Did we in fact sign Justin?

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think all charges have been dropped against him.