1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Backup PG issue

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Heck Freaking No!!! i will not let another Dunleavy ruin a team that i love.

You want Dunleavy, well i got some Dunleavy right here......

http://lildundun.blogspot.com/

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

With that contract you can't be serious. I don't care if we're trading essential deadweights in Sura/Padgett + Synder for him -- it's still a bad deal. Dunleavy is a smart player but he's been such a disappointment it's not even hard to believe you could sign a similar player like Luke Jackson and get similar results.

The thought of paying that kid $8-10M a year is just sickening. Let him be somebody else's problem!!

#82 baller4life315, Feb 11, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  3. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

I know this board is going to eat me alive for saying this. To me I think this is a good move for the team. I know everybody on this board loves luther including myself. We all know the rockets need a backup pt. guard. Luther doesn't play the pt well and he's undersized at the 2. I think the rockets should trade Luther Head and Bob Sura for Mike James. This way they get a backup pt guard and Snyder can get into the rotation. Snyder needs to be on the floor getting minutes and getting comfortable for the playoff run. This guy has to much atheletism sitting on the bench. With luther here Jeff is going to stick with his rotation and Snyder will be on the bench.

4. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Wow! I can't really comprehend why somebody would have so much hate on Dunleavy out there.

5. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

I wouldn't do that deal even if it was Sura for James. We could get someone who could help us a lot more than James.

6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I say Raefer Alston would be a good back up. Let's look to acquiring a quality starting pg. Why not see if we can pick up bibby from Sacramento. Seems like he is unwanted there and he would be a perfect fit to our team.

7. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

How is Bibby unwanted in Sac-town? he's a friggin starter...plus makes 12 million this year and rises a million more each year

8. Pringles

Pringles Member

and they way theyve been playing its going to be hard to get bibby.

9. JEREMYMEEGAN

JEREMYMEEGAN Member

Well Tracy is capable of playing PG, SG, SF, and maybe even PF

jon jon and rafer are PGs...I would trade rafer though :D

10. zong

zong Member

No, Head is young, and is better than MJ even right now. I would give up someone else+Sura.

11. Rockets Dynasty

I can't believe some people actually though Snyder for Dunbaby was a bad trade.

Granted his contract seems bad at least now, and yes he is too soft and D is questionable and inconsistent, but still, his skill set is damn good and he would fit like a glove in JVG's system.

12. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

I'd like to give myself some props. I predicted we would NOT go after a backup PG ...but that we'd go after a backup big man.

Now that we've got somebody to spell Deke of some minutes, we may NOW go after a PG but I doubt it. We've got great chemistry right now and they don't want to full with it.

Afterall, JVG won't even play Snyder because he doesn't want to reduce anybody else's minutes.

13. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

We've got Sura left to be traded...one more move CD and Morey!

14. cmellon

cmellon Member

Lakers seem to look to dump Smush Parker and Odom to pursue J Kidd (at least from the rumor). What do you guys think about Smush as backup PG?

15. Pocket Rockets

so what happens if rafer were to get kicked out of game 7 in the 1st round? Who would run the team then? Possibly mcgrady you would say...
    However, what if rafer got hurt? for a long period of time?

this team needs a backup pg in case of an injury to rafer.

16. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

If Rafer got hurt we would be in deep trouble more than anyone other than Tmac. He is very underappreciated by Rockets fans and will only be appreciated if he goes down with an injury so we see what we are missing.

17. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

We should approach the Knicks about a Sura and Wells for QRich deal in exchange for them buying out Francis. This deal saves them roughly $20 million on salary an luxury tax next year, plus they open up roster spots to develop some young players or sign some vets for league minimum. We get QRich and get to sign Francis for the balance of this season as the backup point.

18. xtint1n

xtint1n Member

Calderon of the Raptors!!!!

19. dram1

dram1 Member

SO youre basically telling Les Alexander to eat the Luxury tax and not to worry about his share of league money. I know he said he would be willing to surpass the threshold, but I dont think WRich qualifies as a the "high quality" player he was thinking about. JVG or Morey would have to sell this to him and convince him it would work. I dont see him doing it though.

Now Would I personally like to see Q and Steve here? HELL YEAH!

20. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Just saying that a backup big man was a higher priority than a backup PG. Now that we've got our backup big, the next priority is a backup PG.

Definately don't wait for a SPLASH. Heard an interview w/ CD stating that we've got great chemistry and he doesn't want to fool with it.