1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Axis of Cohen

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Apr 16, 2018.

1. conquistador#11

first things first, I donnie, freaks all the honeys, playboy bunnies,
    Tariffs for dummies,
    those wanting green cards in exchange for matrimony
    those da ones I like,
    Pimp slap them hoes, if I catch em'
    Watchen' CNN, Anna Navarro yellen' like a crazy Latin American woman'.
    Mesmerize you with my lies,
    Stay made in China from my socks to my ties. Girls pee pee when they see me, Pocahontas thinks I'm a bully,

One more chance

mdrowe00 and JuanValdez like this.
  2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well, he is by all evidence a low-life from Queens, and he's shown a lot of insecurity about it. I don't think the exact women he cheats with make him a low life. But groping people certainly contributes, along w constant lying, bullying and other goon behavior.

3. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Trump is a mess right now. Needs another all-star prayer circle to lift him up.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

All most all the polls have Trump's disapproval numbers in the 51-54% range, with an approval rating of 41-46% with an overall +7 to +11 on the disapproval side of the equation.

Those are not good news for the President. A lot can change in the next two years but these numbers are not really encouraging.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL, that picture reminded me... Omarosa published a tell-all book:

Omarosa to release 'explosive' memoir on Trump White House next month
    http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...se-explosive-memoir-on-trump-white-house-next

dc rock likes this.
  6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Just reacting to this quote:

“At the end of the day we have good decent Americans listening to not John Quincy Adams or Roosevelt or Eisenhower, but listening to this low-life from Queens talking about paying off his low-lives from Playboy magazine.”

But, I did not otherwise study his comments very deeply. "Seedy" might be a defensible adjective, but seems like a low-blow that is ill-deserved.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

We don't know that.

The financial documents/tax documents that he had to report will go a long way to determining what it was a campaign expense.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Is it? Didn't they know that Trump was married at the time? Didn't that take money to keep quiet?

I think an outsider calling them "low-lives" isn't really that scandalous.

9. JuanValdez

Not scandalous. But I'm sympathetic to the both of them for getting caught up in all this stuff that they were not prepared to deal with. I especially respect Stormy Daniels for putting herself in the national spotlight and making herself a target of criticism like this so she can fight for herself.

Also, I think the proper pluralization of low-life should be low-lifes, not low-lives.

B-Bob likes this.
  10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

On his methods

Other Republicans have been full of crap. I started a thread about Reagan and Trump being the same person. Reagan was more political. But the party has been using the same politics to solidify a base who vote on these issues.

Trump has just thrown out the code words. I understand your objections but the other Republicans have just been more political. And the last thing on this subject is Trump's goal was to win and he did.

After 2012 people believed those social issue voters had awoken and realized they were being used by establishment Republicans and the party was on life support. The Republican primary field looked completely weak and Trump swooped saw the opportunity and pounced.

Whether we like him or not he should be given credit for seizing the opportunity

11. JuanValdez

Saying he's full of crap like other presidents really undersells it. He has no scruples at all. Other presidents have done immoral things to serve their country. Trump does immoral things to serve himself. I don't think you can draw any equivalence between him and Reagan or any other recent president. Reagan did some bad stuff, but he also had some scruples. There are things he would not willingly do. It appears nothing is too low for Trump; the ethics of a thing does not even seem to be a factor in the decision-making formula So I really disagree on this.

No. I won't congratulate someone for have such moral turpitude that he's willing to seize opportunities better men wouldn't stoop to. Should I praise Hitler for seizing his opportunity, or Stalin his? It might require a shrewdness, but if what you're doing is fundamentally immoral, I won't be giving credit.

12. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

that's like saying you should praise an armed assailant for robbing a bank because he was able to get away w it. Unscrupulous people shouldn't be praised for doing unscrupulous things just because they did them.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Ed Gein: so clever! Gotta tip your hat, and those were nicely crafted lamp shades to boot. Nice mid-century styling meets medieval thematics.

Nook likes this.
  14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

But unscrupulous people should praise unscrupulous people.

Nook likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Worked for fred and donald trump...

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

He isn't full of crap in rounding the base. The other Republican presidents have been. GWB top of list.

You cant advance your agenda till you win

Lastly i dont understand what is immoral about his campaigning. Repugnant yes

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I dont agree his campaigning was unscrupulous. Its kinda a ridiculous claim actually

He speaks directly to the Republican base. He doesn't waste time on people who aren't buying regardless.

He is a salesman

18. dmoneybangbang

A used car salesman, lying to his base isn’t helpful for America. Despite the domestic and foreign auto manufacturing moving to the non union South, he still blamed the foreigners. Lying to Rustbelters is why we are in a trade war.

His narratives are full of half truths.

19. Nook

Nook Member

You are correct on the typo.

As for Stormy Daniels, I don't feel bad for her. She choose to put herself in this position and is capitalizing on it.

I do find it some what entertaining watching middle aged far white men continue to underestimate her intelligence. She has outsmarted everyone at every single turn. She is the smartest one in the room.

20. Nook

Nook Member

Uhh.... let's start off by using the topic of this very thread?

He had his personally attorney set up a shell business so that he could pay off a woman from disclosing that he slept with her while his wife just gave birth to his son? Then Trump clearly says just keep it quiet until after the election.

That is immoral....... especially when he continued to purposely and knowingly lie about it leading up to the election.

I don't for the most part care what consenting adults do in their free time...... but in the eyes of many, that is pretty damn immoral.

FranchiseBlade likes this.