1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Australian Pink Floyd Show

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by flamingmoe, Nov 23, 2005.

1. flamingmoe

flamingmoe Member

Anyone else going tonight?

looks like they've got a good setup and sounds authentic

Here is the band's home page : http://www.aussiefloyd.com/

Here is a video trailer for their DVD: mms://81.29.73.96/promo_04.wmv

2. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Whoa, that's tonight? I seriously want to see this show as I've heard they are amazing. The best available tickets are in section 103 row M. Are these decent for viewing or would sitting in the second section be better for viewing the whole stage? I've never been to Verizon.

[​IMG]

3. flamingmoe

flamingmoe Member

depends on the seat numbers, if they are low, they should be okay (low is towards center), but avoid ones out towards the edge, the angle isn't the best

Verizon is a pretty small place so sitting in the 105 wouldn't be bad either

our tix are like row F of section 102

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Really no bad seats at Verizon. Section 103 row M seats are great seats.

5. LonghornFan

The seats #'s were 15 and 16. Now I found same section row N, seats 1 and 2. Not bad for day of concert guess.

Thanks for posting this thread Moe! I had no clue they were in town. :)

6. LonghornFan

I'll be right in front of you, Moe. I just purchased tickets in section 102 Row E. :D

How strange to wake up thinking his would be a boring day...The video collage made up my mind to go. From reading the forum over there it looks like it starts right at 8pm. Cannot wait!

7. flamingmoe

flamingmoe Member

awesome bro, live Pink Floyd music is a can't miss, and this looks to be very well done

from their forums, looks like the set list has been just about the same for the past few shows

Set 1 - DSOTM

Set 2 - Shine On You Crazy Diamond 1-5
    Learning to Fly
    Fletcher Memorial Home
    Careful With That Axe Eugene
    Pigs (Three Different Ones)
    One of These Days
    Another Brick in The Wall 2
    Wish You Were Here
    Comfortably Numb

Encore:

In the Flesh
    Run Like Hell

8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

stupid question, but what is the difference between "australian pink floyd" and the regular "pink floyd?"

edit: nevermind, they are a cover band, duh.

#8 Mr. Brightside, Nov 23, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2005
  9. LonghornFan

The Aussie ones call it futbol. What dorks, right?

10. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Tell me if you like em....they are here (NYC) on Tuesday and I have debated buying tickets. The only issue is that I have tickets to Spamalot the next night and two late weeknights tend to kill me.

I work early.....absurdly early.

11. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

dammnit, i missed this!! Floyd is amazing!

12. LonghornFan

So...what'd you think, Moe? I was freaking AMAZED while listening to this band tonight. Many times I just stared at the circle with the images or just closed my eyes with wide open ears, and I SWEAR, they sound just like Floyd in every way. Bass sounded perfect, guitars...I don't know the guys names in the band but the big guy in the middle was freaking $$$! I was also surprisingly impressed with the backup singers too. The skinny blonde on the left with the amazing voice...Oh SNAP! They were all perfect in every way!

Thanks bro for posting this thread, as I would have never even known this band was in town. What an awesome experience! Sounded friggin' PERFECT! Next time though I'll buy tickets farther from stage. We were on row 5, seats 1 and 2 (You might have seen my buzzed girl "friend" running up to the stage to take pics of the Pig on our right and whatnot. She was the wasted one with really big 'fingers'. :rolleyes: ) ...but I've got to believe the light show was much better when not so close to the stage.The dancing Kangaroo was dope, though. :D I got beamed in the eyes like 10 times. If I see an eye in the sky AKA Stoned Age Ima be pissed!

Two thumbs up for the concert, but TWO thumbs and two big toes DOWN for $9 beers. That was the total suck. :mad:

#12 LonghornFan, Nov 24, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2005
  13. flamingmoe

flamingmoe Member

you nailed it LonghornFan, my wife, who saw Pink Floyd in 1992 @ Sun Bowl said this show might of been better than the real deal sound wise

Whoever the bassist is, he sounds just like Roger Waters - it was kinda creepy how his voice sounded just like him!

Only thing I was kinda confused on was why they didn't play all of 'In the Flesh', they cut out the whole ' are their any queers in the audience tonight? get em up against the wall! .....if I had my way, I'd have all of you shot!'

mateo, if your a floyd fan, then you will enjoy this show a lot.

14. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Blasphemy

15. flamingmoe

flamingmoe Member

not really when you consider, Sun Bowl, 50,000+ stadium vs 3,000 seat theater, the sound is going to be better in the smaller venue

16. LonghornFan

Still happy they threw out One Slip in our show since I've yet to see anyone else mention hearing it at theirs. That song was amazing live.

If I was to ever see Floyd reunite and tour...I'd sell my soul to Mr. Lucifer to attend it. No lie.