1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Athletic] Warriors teasing Durant

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Deuce, Jun 13, 2018.

1. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Crazy, if Durant bolts they will not win another ring. Rockets woulda swept them with no Durant. We shut everyone else down, and had no answer for KD.

s3ts likes this.
  2. hakeemthagreat

That team is a legit contender in the east if they stayed healthy. I'm not sure what you're saying

3. BackdoorHarden

Yea, that's 4 Hall of Famers right there. 3 HOF in there prime. Warriors have 2 HOF in their prime and 2 very good All Star level players, but would definitely not make the HOF if not part of the Warriors team and probably wouldn't even be All-Stars if not on the Warriors.

Those 4 guys on the Heats team were all ALL NBA level and star players on their own team

hakeemthagreat likes this.
  4. MD_in_Training

What I'm trying to say is that KD joined a championship core in their prime who won 73 games the year before and a championship two years before.

Lebron formed a new squad with two other stars who did neither of the above accomplishments.

Therefore, KD's move was far more pathetic than what Lebron did.

Furthermore, you're making baseless claims about how good the Heat would have been without Lebron. It would be even less valid than me making a claim that the Warriors would have won the last two chips without KD.

BigO likes this.
  5. MD_in_Training

Um... what? Please name the 3 HOFers in their prime on the Heat WITHOUT Lebron. And saying the Heat had 4 HOFers is akin to saying the Warriors have 6 Allstars and 2 Finals MVPs.

6. BackdoorHarden

Ummm...what? I said 3 HOFers, and that of course includes Lebron. WHAT???? Who is including 36 years old ass ring chasers in Ray Allen?????

They had 3 HOFers in their PRIME. Warriros have only 2 HOFers in their prime

7. hakeemthagreat

Not baseless. You're trying to downplay how great the teams were Lebron's been on, all while criticizing KD for joining a great team. Your argument is hypocritical. I can't allow you to BLATANTLY contradict yourself. If KD's pathetic for forming a superteam, Lebron's pathetic for forming 2 superteams (about to be 3). He's also pathetic for playing a part in Kyrie's departure, all the dysfunction with IT, firing of Blatt & QUITTING on his team when it counted this year. If he wins it's all about Lebron. If he loses its everybody else's fault. Make up your minds

8. BigO

BigO Member

Both Klay and Dray will be HOF, thats 1, second of all neither Lebron, Wade or Bosh (well he was but just to an extend ) are extremely good shooters ala Curry, Klay or Durant, so spacing is another thing, Wade and Lebron were primary ballhanders before forming that team, also all of them (Wade, Bosh, Lebron) were nr1 options on their teams before, yah, they had to figure it out a lot, while Warriors were already great team, putting great players on same team dosent always result in great results, having already great team and adding 1 major player is whole different ball game.

9. rocks123

rocks123 Member

The decision Lebron made looks good on paper back then and it actually produced rings for him but when mimic by other teams (lakers okc) it resulted in first round EXIT. So now we are trying to find our own KD. I wonder if it will work out for us if its not lebron. WITH LEBRON its almost a guarantee we are going to be a better team ofcourse barring major injuries. If its just another all star it may not work like how KD worked on GSW. KD and LEBron are really just on another level when it comes to really elevating a team. But since we have harden and paul who can play with almost anyone i guess it will still be good.

10. likestohypeguy

Yeah it's so weird where the line exists, that the threshold of exactly how good a team you're allowed to join just happens to fall between those two examples.

That's the NBA now, formation of superteams all part of the game like it or not... if LeBron came here I think we'd be okay with it even with CP JH & 65 wins "because LeBron's not joining a team that (description of exact GS circumstances)." I know I would. This is a hate the player/game situation, just have to fight fire with fire.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Like it or not, Draymond and Klay will both be in the hall of fame. Also, Wade peaked early and was not in his prime the last two or three years when LeBron was there.