1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(The Athletic) Ikosystem: Rockets moving "Heaven and Earth" for Kawhi

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, May 29, 2019.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Kawhi doesn't really strike me as the type of guy to get desperate over anything honestly. He has rings, he knows he's getting his money, and by all accounts, all he really wants is to go home. Both LA teams having cap space (or at least paths to cap space) completely destroys any chance that the Rockets may have to entice him to come here. This is just clickbaity type stuff without any real substance behind it.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

3. biff17

biff17 Member

When did Kawhi lead San Antonio to the Finals?

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

IF Kawhi says he wants to play with harden then he better hope word doesn't get out . NBA teams will hold Morey hostage over clearing cap space . DM would have to do it under the radar. CP3 is the big contract to move and would start speculation .

We'd have to move another large contract (Eric or Clint) either before or soon after so the price to move those contracts doesn't go up .

Teams might be willing to help us get cap space if they think it's for less than the max, but if word gets out that harden and Kawhi are teaming up then I guarantee teams will want to stop that lol .

One dynasty might be closing in GS , but we would be starting a new one .

Of course with out luck , Kawhi would injure himself here .... bonus points if it's because MDA runs him into the ground .

On the flip side , Morey can actually make a good argument that we have proven that we are more than willing to give guys games off and pay max . CP3 is our prime example .

I wonder if the 1 and 1 style contract KD signed with GS is becoming the new norm ? Is that any less money per year than a standard 4 or 5 year max ? (I know the 5 year max is more than the 4 . ) where does the 1 and 1 stack up ? @BimaThug

5. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Mmmhmmm.

And this time last year DM was giving his “whatever it takes to get LeBron” speech to reporters. Didn’t matter. Hell. We didn’t even get seriously considered.

smp likes this.
  6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah, lame clickbait. I am disappoint

GageD, BHannes2BHonest and justtxyank like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets interested in acquiring good basketball players. #LeagueSources #MultipleSauces

8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

What if Kawhi is evil and justness wants to ruin the league ala KD ?

He knows pairing with James would be creating a dynasty . This would be pippen and MJ part two . Scoring virtuso at SG and reliable scorer and elite defender at SF .

Kawhi knows we DGAF if he takes 20 games off in the regular season .

As an organization we make one thing very clear "we bend over backwards for our stars" Kawhi knows he's a star .

We stroke his ego and his desire to dominate.

Yeah I'm hoping for a GS sweep lol

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

especially when taking into account that feigen is just a front office sock puppet, we're actually in dire need of some real local journalism covering the team

10. Fantasma Negro

All those words and he didn't say ****

GageD, Why not? and J.R. like this.
  11. Kornel87

Kornel87 Member

Best forum BTW!

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Disappointed in that tweet by Kelly. He made it sound like they were moving for Kawhi when the content of the article was simply that a league source said they would go for a player like Kawhi. Terrible

Deuce, GageD, jcf and 3 others like this.
  13. CCorn

CCorn Member

@KellyUnchained how do we plant the seed to Leonard that the ultimate troll to San Antonio would be coming to Houston? Get R Done Morey

14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

This thread is funny. First few posts were like “duh we’d take Kawhi at any cost, but it’s not happening” ... which is true. But the last few posts are more like “well hypothetically we could dump contracts and he may insist on coming here” haha. No. Please let’s not do this with Kawhi too. All he ever wanted was to go home. If he doesn’t do that, then he’ll probably stay where he’s been all year and is worshipped by a whole country.

It’s inevitable we’re going to do this with Jimmy but let’s stop it there and not get too carried away. At least the Jimmy thing will end sooner when he doesn’t opt in.

BaselineFade likes this.
  15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

League source:

I bet the Rockets would move heaven and earth to get another superstar.

Article text:

One league source said that Houston “would move heaven and earth” if it could acquire someone like Kawhi Leonard

Clutchfans thread title:

Rockets moving "Heaven and Earth" for Kawhi

Yes Alex, I'll take "the internet is useless for accurate reporting" for 500, please.

Deuce and Richie_Rich like this.
  16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The exact word I was going to post but you beat me to it.

GageD likes this.
  17. topfive

topfive CF OG

"The Spurs and the Miami Heat met once again in the NBA Finals. On June 10, 2014, in Game 3 of the series, Leonard scored a then career-high 29 points in a 111–92 victory. San Antonio went on to win the series 4–1. Leonard averaged 17.8 points on 61% shooting and was named NBA Finals MVP."

Google is your friend.

YOLO likes this.
  18. HROZ

HROZ Member

Let's be a little realistic please

GageD and BaselineFade like this.
  19. caneks

caneks Rookie

"I can promise you, we’re going to win some championships with James Harden" that is an empty promise.

20. vick

vick Member

Woj says Rockets and Mavs are in trade talks for Capella to Mavs for unknown players. Maybe a Woj bomb coming shortly.