1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Athletic] How ‘The Manimal’ got his mojo back and started draining threes in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joshuaao, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Our defense won't just be better, it would be dramatically better. You're essentially replacing your worst defender with one of your best defender.

You can win a title as a mediocre rebounding team - i.e. some improvement in our rebounding - but you absolutely cannot win a title with a defense as bad as ours. I take it once we see Faried and Harden starting for a longer stretch against better teams, a lot of people will re-evaluate. It's just too many holes in the defense and we will constantly be digging ourselves out of 1st quarter deficits.

IMO rebounding is much more based on effort than defense. We can insert Shump and ride that line up to a mediocre rebounding effort. I cannot even fathom how we would be a top 10 defense with Faried and Harden starting. I guess we'll find out.

EDIT: additional note, we are not losing Faried's rebounding if he plays from the bench. Those are minutes that count towards rebounding. We would just be placing him with much better defenders so that he can be hidden in some defensive schemes, the same way we hide Harden as a starter.

Elephant810 and BaselineFade like this.
  2. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Can't wait for him to tear Denver & the Nets a new one next time we play them!

D-rock likes this.
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately it's over.

Watching him crash the rim from the wide open corner is probably what did it. I'm extremely disappointed that he shied away from staying aggressive from three. I hope the coaches encourage him to stay behind that line and fire away when he is at the PF. He could be such a great player.

4. Zergling

Zergling Member

Great jinx now he's injured

chadyang likes this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Not our fault, it's destiny the moment someone puts on a red jersey.

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

Faried has literally been our best all-around player since he got here. Seriously. Now he is injured. That really irks me along with Shuppert or whatever is name is being a complete dud.

7. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

You can't understand the wear and tear of basketball unless you have competed against grown men playing at least two games a weak.

If you received a hip check unexpectedly from someone weighing 160+. Body wears down real quick!

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

Faried looks pretty durable; I don't remember him being injured much in his career, sort of like Harden. Gordon and CP3 have serious durability issues.

9. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

At one time, far"weed" in was on the Olympic team or national team if memory serves me correctly but I am not sure.

I think he might have been cut and removed from competition. Not sure if Durant took his position.

10. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

See Gerald green too.

11. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Luckiest

Roc Paint likes this.