1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Athletic] Cavs looking for a frp for Kevin Love

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OmegaSupreme, Dec 12, 2019.

1. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Should have paid Iman with Bird rights and used him as trade filler. Imagine that salary sent out instead of Tucker or someone

in fact, I am not sure we can trade for anyone of significance without giving up PJ

2. rockets13champs

OmegaSupreme, Da Wink and hakeem94 like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

For this trade - thank God!!

Mathloom likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Clint for Kevin Love is laughable

CF: Rockets can’t defend! We’ll never win a title like this!

also CF: Sign Amare? Trade for Love?

fryjol7, D-rock, Mathloom and 7 others like this.
  5. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

He actually can Rebound and hit threes...

Most big man cant defend guards. Thats why they make small ball adjustments. He would be what Ryno was suppose to be.

6. HP3

HP3 Member

I feel like the amount of assets we would have to use to get him in addition to how bad of a defender he is would just be a lateral move tbh. If we were to trade for him, know that it's just Morey saying "this team can't play defense anyways so why not out bolster our odds by maximizing our offense" and that ....it is a recipe for disaster imo.

Ramo$e, glimmertwins and Rochut like this.
  7. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Where’s Ryno?????????????

8. Rochut

Rochut Member

I agree. Plus KL is too tall for MDA

MorningZippo and HP3 like this.
  9. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Aye it is....but its not like he hasn't done it before.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

At home counting his money and spending time with his hot wife, most likely.
    Don't know why Morey signed him. You knew Dan Tony wouldn't play him.

Ramo$e and BigShasta like this.
  11. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I know Love has been a stats darling coveted by guys like Morey for many years but I can't imagine Houston still has eyes for him all these years later. It was one thing when we wanted him and got Rhyno instead but at this point we are way past that moment and our team is constructed entirely different. Love as a $15mil guy I could see but paying nearly $30 mil to a brittle guy(never played a full 82) until he is 34 is simply not something I can see any team "needing" on a roster. I look at him as a negative asset - sure he is a good player, but he is clearly overpaid relative to his production and even if anyone decided to take a gamble, they would have to send out a lot of salary to match making any deal fairly improbable.

D-rock likes this.
  12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He's another Carmelo Anthony past his prime. Do not want, but Morey is salivating. The narrative is that Capela is hurting the team so we need another shooter even if they're undersized.

13. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Why the **** do people post stuff with paywalls?

14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I feel if the Nene deal was approved then we would have done something similar with Shump and then we would have eventually landed Love if we couldn’t get someone better.
    However, that’s over with and Morey would not consider trading Capela for Love ever, and he knows CC can’t be replaced with any 7 footer, so let’s drop this (and anyone making more than $8 mil for that matter) and hope for self improvement (Russ has been getting better and EG returns soon) and keep an eye on the buyout market or trading for a role player (Markieff, Crowder, a SAC forward or Bertans (all not even likely but best case scenario))