1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Answer is Chuck Hayes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 26, 2008.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

We were winning well before that. The dominant factor there was not Chuck leaving the starting lineup but rather Tracy and Yao both playing. We won 4 or 5 games in a row just when T-Mac returned to the lineup, with Chuck starting even when he clearly wasn't 100%. We were were winning a pretty good share of games earlier in January with Chuck starting and McGrady out as well.

And by no means am I advocating that Chuck returns to the starting lineup. But this notion that he was the one making us lose, as opposed to the absence of Yao or Tracy (or Rafer for that matter, in the Toronto and Philly game) is kind of silly. The coaches are still high on all three of our PFs, including Chuck. Just the other day, Adelman said the following:

[rquoter]"[Scola]'s had that half-a-year experience in our league," Adelman said. "We did not want to start him early. We didn't want to throw him to the wolves right away. We didn't think defensively he was ready for it. But after half the games with experience and everything else, I think he's comfortable now, and we have three really good players at that power forward spot."[/rquoter]

2. Hmm

Hmm Member

Chuck prefers to get his turnovers after the pass... when he attempts a lay up..

3. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

I hope that Hayes has been working on his lay-ups while bench-riding. At the end of the Chicago game, he made a pretty nice post move. I know that's not close to something sustainable, but if he can hit the open lay-up, then he WILL add something to this team, now that Yao is out.

4. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Seriously, come on. Chuck's reduced playing time is the main reason the Rockets were playing so well.

5. durvasa

nevermind.

6. durvasa

Good call, man.

7. rocketshopeful

he has been great since landry went down. key defender.

8. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I guess DD won't say much about this....

9. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Actually, I am curious as to what DD has to say about Chuck after sitting a few feet away from him while he plays.

Also... this thread tells me who are haters and non believers :p

Chuck steps it up when necessary.

But... I still want Carl back asap. I miss him.

10. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

I swear some of you guys on this forum get me rollin :D Hey Tell 'em how you really feel :D

11. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

I agree DD !! Its actually an extra any time you get any points from CH..... He is one hell of a hustler and a decent rebounder but the answer will always be T-Mac !

12. choujie

choujie Member

Players like Chuck Hayes and Shane Battier always get underappciated because they don't score much. Rafer too when he's not shooting well. Fans just don't notice little things those guys have done to help the team.

13. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

this is freaking hilarious. haha. the best reply to a thread in a while.

i am guessing the question is "who shoots the prettiest free throws?"

14. choujie

choujie Member

Current Rockets team can afford to lose anybody except Rafer Alston, or maybe Tmac.

15. aka665

aka665 Member

w/o yao chuck's probably gonna have to play a lot of during the playoffs... he's gonna be especially important against utah, where boozer is gonna get the ball like 50% of their offensive possessions. But unlike last year, we can switch it up w/ landry and scola, who can actually make their opposing big man play some D.

so i don't know, answer probably isn't just chuck hayes, but having him alongside scola and landry is definitely a plus, especially during the playoffs. he can give you some quality minutes, provide some rebounds, and won't have to tire himself out with 40 minutes per game. he's an energy guy, so it's nice to be able to play him limited minutes, so that he'll actually play w/ some energy.

16. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

Jeopardy anyone?

17. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

haha @ "or maybe". this board is hilarious.

18. HoustonFan4Life

This is freaking hilarious!

Question: Who causes the most FT lane violations?

Seriously though, Chuck Hayes is a very important part of this TEAM. He always steps up whenever someone gets in foul trouble or we need some hustle. I just wished he jumped as high on his lay ups as he does for some of his rebounds.

19. choujie

choujie Member

I meant the team with Yao. Of course Rockets need at least one of Yao and Tmac.

20. juju14

juju14 Member

LMAO at the topic creator.Did u just finish Drinking?