1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Answer: FIRE MOREY

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davestrate, Nov 20, 2010.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Milwaukee is a huge disappointment this season. They sure looked like they were on the rise at the end of last year. Orlando is rebuilding after having a few years of success(including a trip to the Finals) with Dwight. Philly is a disaster. Sactown has some young talent, but has been hampered by issues with their owners and the possibility of the franchise moving.

Minny is actually doing exactly what I'd like the Rockets to do. They swapped Love for Wiggins and then tanked to get Towns. Now they're tanking again to get another high draft pick. Another year or two of that and they're gonna be one of the top teams in the West. The Rockets need to follow that formula.

2. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

I for one, have been a huge Morey fan for a long time. However, I am beginning to see the problem with his strategy.
    Morey continually chases the big name and best player available with no regard to fit. Teams like the Spurs and Warriors are more interested in guys that will fit the system and be "basketball first" guys. I am not buying that his recent (last 2-3 years) trades, signings, and drafts were fueled by analytic. Lawson, Smith, Thornton, do not seem like guys that are efficient by any means.

My bigger problem with today, is that at some point Les told Daryl to cut expenses. To me, that contradicts the declaration he made before the season that more or less money wouldn't be an object. Today, they had the opportunity to make the team better or save money and they chose to save money. As it seems their plan is to be the lucky team that wins the 1/32 odds of getting Durant next season.

Anyways, back to focusing on the GOP campaign, where I don't feel like I am being lied to... ;)

3. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

The Magic have been rebuilding from Dwight since 2012. Yao retired from the Rockets in 2011. Twolves don't have a single all star despite having some promising young talent and they have been rebuilding since trading Garnett in 2007 and even then Garnett's best twolves season ever was the equivalent of last year for the Rockets. Philly is literally doing the most blatant tank and draft talent to rebuild job ever and aren't showing much potential to be contenders any time soon.

Everyone is disappointed by this season for the Rockets. How can you not be? Who thought this is where the team would be right now though? Nobody predicted things to go this way coming into the season. It's a bad season for Morey and all the Rockets as a result. Of course Les has said he has no desire to tank, so even if they changed GM's, Les is unlikely to change his mind on that with the new GM.

4. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

His resignation

5. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

This is what other GMs do when Maury calls:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PUjvaMWKeBI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

But, but, but Maury says to trust the process, lol. The guy has become an even bigger joke, which is hard to imagine.

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Okay but what's the question

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

100% how I feel.

DD

9. Buck Turgidson

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xewlks" allowfullscreen></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xewlks_moot_tech" target="_blank">Moot</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/ramrod1" target="_blank">ramrod1</a></i>

10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

You kinda have to do it. Destroy the infection.

11. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I'm in the boat

Fire Murray!

12. passdarock

passdarock Member

Morey and JB need to go. This can't continue.

13. Lightsnowaction

This offseason is going to SUCK! Top 5 destination has to actually make the PLAYOFFS.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

lol what a plan. Expect Durant to come here.

This guy is a ****ing joke.

15. hakeemthagreat

No it's the system. Moreyball has ran it's course and teams have figured us out. Instead of adjusting, we're still running the same predictable stuff (Morey wants us to keep shooting and we'll eventually start hitting

16. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

He won't be fired but if no changes happen and we go through another season like this I just can't support the Rockets anymore... until everyone is fired and far far far away from Houston

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

That meeting with Durant will be the most embarrassing waste of time for Morey and Les. If I were Durant I'd just sit there and laugh the whole time.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am close to not caring about what happens to Morey.

Darn, will give a D- or F on this season, management included

Just bad

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

LOL many of us here called this gimmick Moreyball with coaching doesn't matter philosophy long time back

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This team is not a dumpster fire

If a new GM came in . . you would see IMMEDIATE RESULTS
    Might even get back to the Western Conference Finals

Everyone will think .. THE NEW GUY IS A GENIUS

The problem is. . . The New guy will have near 40 million to play with and a bunch of flexibility that Morey created.

HOWEVER - In 5 years will the New guy have us with that flexibility AND a good team?
    Dunno . . . . maybe . . . maybe not

Who is the coach he will bring in? Will be hands off?
    Dunno . . . Maybe . . . maybe not

I think we might need to relieve Morey of some power. . . but not let him go.

Rocket River