1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Answer: FIRE MOREY

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davestrate, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Shouldn't you kids be in Vacation Bible School?

2. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

yes. now please stay in here.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

We shall see how he responds. Kings management already responded to Rondos demand of needing a sg, within 1 day.

4. malakas

malakas Member

more like ungrateful impatient ignorants.

But yeah as BigshotBob said..if the troll stays here and stops derailing every other thread that would be nice.

5. onreego

onreego Member

This was all I could really think of to reply with.

[​IMG]

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

What's hilarious is how some people act like Morey is on strike two right now, that the next mistake will be his last lol.

Morey is really awesome and he is genuinely a Rockets fan. You can see in his face that he takes a lot of pride in what he does for this franchise. He could have found a lucrative job elsewhere, but he's in it to win it. I trust the guy as much as you can trust someone you've never met.

7. mightybosstone

Why? Does every GM that doesn't acquire a superstar every offseason deserve to be fired? I don't comprehend the logic of firing the guy who acquired the two superstars that helped the team have its most successful season in nearly 20 years. What justification is there for firing him right now?

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I can easily see Dwight and Harden jetting out of here. When your superstar is asking for help and you keep pissing it away year after year for whatever reason. Always thinking about tomorrow and not today

9. tdo

tdo Member

Wait, wait, wait... Did you really just try to use the Kings' management as an example of good management? Overpaying for an extremely ineffective pg, and then meeting his demands is somehow good for the present and future of their team?

I already take your posts with a heaping of salt, but I think it is finally time to put my first cf member on the ignore list. Congratulations Cheke!

10. mightybosstone

What are you talking about "year after year" for? After Harden's first year, Morey acquired Dwight freaking Howard, the biggest free agent of that entire offseason. Then he came insanely close to adding Bosh and re-signing Parsons before it fell apart yet still managed to build a team that came three wins away from the NBA Finals.

Also, you're assuming Morey won't find help for Parsons this offseason, but it's been like one week since the start of free agency. How about showing a little patience and giving some credit where credit is due?

11. dmoneybangbang

I can see you getting treated for rectal cancer.

12. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

ya how dare morey not bring in anyone significant for harden to play with like dwight howard... or josh smith.... or trevor ariza.... or corey brewer. and not even going after players like LMA... or bosh... or carmelo...

morey over here just sitting on his hands like he don't GAF

morey bad!

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

lol. Cheke gonna cheke.

14. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Stupid posters like rocketmk are the reason we need neg repping

15. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Why can't Rockets FO be more like Sactowns FO!?:mad:

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

That's mostly your own exaggeration. Dwight and Harden could jet out of here because they haven't won a ring in a long time and they're not in LA/NY. There is zero indication that they are unhappy with roster management. The one sentence uttered by Harden is a suggestion for one way to improve next season. It's not the only way to improve, and the deadline for roster moves is in March. Harden is a smart guy, he'll get it. Dwight is getting old, if he doesn't like it he can opt out and bounce.

There is no indication however that there is this built up frustration from Harden about improving this team. The team has been better every single season he's been here regardless of whether he's had input or not. Harden knows that. He doubted the front office last summer and saw what came of it (WCF appearance, MVP runner up).

Harden is more likely to be telling people how amazing this organization is than to bail on the team because they haven't done enough.

Remember that you are talking about a GM who's team has exceeded expectations every single season since we got Harden. This is a person who's excelling, not a person who's doing a mediocre job. If Harden/Howard leave, tough. We have an organization that knows how to rebuild in no time. We have an excellent reputation for being at the forefront of NBA statistics and using technology to improve our team. Just like the Spurs, we will be fine even after these guys are gone cause the foundation is rock solid.

17. pippsux

pippsux Member

exactly

Glad I'm not the only one. Morey needs to put the chess board down and start playing checkers.
    Stop chasing free agents that won't come here, except, Howard.
    Next off season we are going Chase Durant hard!!!!!! And he still won't come here. Your star player asked for another ball handler and you resigned the guy who doesn't have that skill set. Waiting for scraps and awesome deals are nice, but to win a championship you need big deals. Package your plethora of undersized forwards and get a point guard for Christ's sake. Still posses we gave away Asik for nothing when the pelicans wanted him so badly..... We want a championship, Morey its been too long and you haven't delivered yet. Lesser GM would have been fired by now for not delivering a title in over decade.

End rant

18. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Why am I not surprised that you want our organization to be run more like the Kings?

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

The Answer: BAN OP

20. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

At this point, anyone seriously calling for Morey's head can't be taken seriously. At all. Not gonna sit here and proclaim him a demigod or anything but just try to name 5 GMs who can accomplish what he did. To be quite honest, the front office dealings over the last few years have provided me heaps of entertainment. The myriad series of transactions that took us from Tmac/Yao to Harden/Howard without tanking was nothing short of a masterpiece.

Rockets fans are extremely lucky to have that nerdy and tireless superstar guiding the franchise. When this squad wins a chip, I hope Beard takes him out to the club. He deserves it.