1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The amount of hate towards our coaches is ridic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by supermang, Dec 10, 2012.

1. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

2. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Could be worse. You could always be stuck with this:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Hmmm... So a Jun 2011 Lin fan starting an Official Fire McHale Thread. Linteresting... Talking about escape goats...

4. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

What I don't really understands is why the Rockets really never double team a player that's on fire... While the other team double team and swarm Harden to prevent him from scoring or beating them.

Another thing is that, the Rockets finally have a legit star player on their roster and they don't really run any plays for him. James is a amazing talent but he can't continue on playing ISO ball the entire game. I think if the coaches want to sit someone down to send them a message, that person should be Patrick Patterson. Sure he had a few good games but the majority of the time, he has been incredibly soft.

I think Patterson is probably the most frustrating player to watch on this team. A lot of teams have left him open time and time again while they doubled up on Harden and he does not take advantage of it. Instead of taking the ball to the rack strong, he settles for mid range jump shots and trust me, he's isn't the most consistent mid range jump shooter down the stretch.

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Other teams have offenses in place. If Rockets get double team happy, most teams will win 4 on 3 matchups. Rockets are not winning enough 4 on 3 matchups to get teams to back off Harden.

6. Grigori

Grigori Member

At this point, I'm about ready to entertain the idea of a Les Alexander "mandate" to artificially inflate Harden's numbers for an All Star bid for "his" All Star Game, and McHale, being the sarcastic jackass that he is, taking the unwelcome "suggestion" to the extreme to prove a point.

7. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Look out everyone, the goats are escaping.:grin:

1 person likes this.
  8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

escape goats!

9. AbrahamLincoln

I was going to say pretty much the same thing, I think the Rockets have overachieved up to this point. We are in the middle of a rebuild and close to 500. I get as frustrated as anyone with the turnovers and subs but the reality is we are in almost every game except the last SA game.

Players seem to have developed very well from last season. Morris,Patterson,Smith,Parsons. Nobody attributed this to coaching? I haven't seen a player on the Rockets in the last 2 years regress in their skills. The coaching staff seems to get a lot out of the players. Fans seem to have such unrealistic expectations. Let them develop. The coaches have a hell of a job trying to figure out which young guys are going to be consistent game to game.

10. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Good Luck Clutch,

Been saying this for a while as well as some of the other guys who've been here for a while.

So let's see if you can get the message thru to everyone.

T_Man

11. Moleb

Moleb Member

This guy is right, its the same thing every year.

12. OpportunityCost

I wouldn't call it hate. I would say it is love for the Rocket's success and their future success, and if there is an impediment or obstacle in that road to success (in this case coaching, IMO), it should be removed. One coach doesn't make the Rockets. They are just one part of the sum, and a part which is interchangeable, like any of the parts. IMO, if this part is causing us to veer off the road we should be traveling, I think a course-correction is in need.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Dude, as I once said:

:)

Seriously though, I agree with your take. Both McHale and Sampson have talked about trying not to introduce too many concepts and schemes at the same time, but rather do it gradually so the young players have time to absorb it. I don't know if McHale, Sampson, Finch, Bickerstaff, etc. are Einstein level NBA tacticians, but we don't need Einstein to teach elementary school math.

#53 Carl Herrera, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  14. OpportunityCost

I meant part-replacement instead of course correction.

15. diehardNFFL

diehardNFFL Member

Agreed. McFail is a complete and utter joke that has no business running an NBA team, just like Isiah.

16. OpportunityCost

If they said that, that doesn't make sense to me. I mean, it's not like we are dealing with some fifth-graders at the YMCA just learning about basketball. These are players who have played at major Division-1 colleges who ran offenses where picks, down-screens, off-the-ball screens and variants of the motion offense are frequently employed. I just don't get it.

17. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Leave it to some to not miss a chance to voice ridiculous hatred towards the Rockets coaching staff...in a thread pointing out how that hatred is ridiculous.

18. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

He said that during the pre-season. Sorry I am too lazy to relocate the link of the article or vid. Apologize if I am wrong.

19. loox

loox Member

I simply just want to point to the most obvious fact that leaving your most promising young assets, namely, Asik and Lin, out of the whole 4th quarter, and more than once, is not a way to build for the future. If a coach cannot see that, he is either too short-sighted or too selfish.

20. diehardNFFL

diehardNFFL Member

Agreed. McFail is a complete and utter joke that needs to be replaced.