1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Amare Trade that wasn't

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kwame, Feb 21, 2010.

?

Did the Rockets do the right thing?

1. Scenario A: Rockets did the right thing by not agreeing to waive physicals

36.3%
  2. Scenario A: Rockets should've waived the physicals

20.4%
  3. Scenario B: Rockets did the right thing by rejecting Phoenix's offer

22.1%
  4. Scenario B: Rockets should've accepted Phoenix's offer

15.0%
  5. I want Chris Bosh

44.7%
  6. What the hell is Kwame talking about?

9.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. hangwak

hangwak Member

Voted for all options on the poll.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

If you were following Kwame's posting you would see how transparent this thread really is.

3. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

Battier Blows...He is Ryan Bowen with a mask on

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I think as much as there seems a glut of quality power forwards in the league, its not as easy as it appears to get one. Outside of Lamarcus Aldridge and Kevin Love, the past 5 years of incoming PFs into the league hasnt been that great. Who else is there you can remember, Tyrus Thomas? Scola and Landry really were a blessing. Its really become a guard's league.

5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I think we want Bosh, (which I think we WILL get Bosh, because he will leave Toronto and we are attractive in a S&T) but if we don't I do expect us to make another play for amare.

It will be less lucrative for the suns this time. Also, Amare may decline to discuss a extension, so maybe the suns would just be content (knowing that it may only be a one year rental for us) with getting Shane+Hill+ Jeffries+Andersen 2012 first rounder because we most likely have two.

Yao/Chuck/
    Amare/Scola
    Ariza/Budinger
    Martin/new player/AB from time to time
    AB/Lowry

We would also add the 2010 pick (which will be a good player) or trade that for another asset although not sure what we would need

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

How dare you insult Flyin' Ryan like that!

7. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

You and RV6 are way too paranoid. I'm not sure if you two are insecure, overly fearful, irrational, delusional, and/or suffer from anxiety disorders. Do you guys wear tin foil hats? Do you two always feel like somebody's watching you? :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GIwlmEN08E8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GIwlmEN08E8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

8. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

David Lee was drafted in 2005 so he's still in the 5 year window, and was the last pick of the 1st round to boot.

Ronny Turiaf plays more C then PF these days, but he could slide to either spot. I consider him decent. Gortat also was in the same draft, although I guess he's more a C. I guess Al Horford plays both also. Michael Beasley? Dejuan Blair?

I think part of that reason of why it's become a guard's league is the rule changes on guarding on the perimeter, the allowance of the zone, and the 5 second back down rule.

9. Knight

Knight Member

Didn't Morey himself said most max FA will not forgo $30M and would rather resign with their own team? Seems a reasonable risk to take

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

'nuf said.

11. Randy_Franklin

we probably wouldnt be able to sign him in the off season, not a good idea to risk battier for a 28 game rental...

12. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Look man, I know you're a Kwame hater as indicated by my sig, but stop hijacking the thread please. That was a response to a specific individual on here, not to "everyone." As I've told you before, reading is fundamental. Are you going to cast your vote(s) and let us know what your opinion is or are you too insecure and paranoid to do so?

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

uh,you do not under any circumstances trade for a player without doing a physical first, not even LBJ. Who knows what kind of injury Amare may or may not have...if nothing's wrong why will PHX be against a physical? Morey could have traded the farm for Amare and two months later we find out he needs to retire due to his retinal detachment issue.

Even with the physical I'm not sure Amare is the right guy, he might leave at season's end, and more importanly I doubt he'll fit with Yao Ming. You know how LMA can't coexist with Oden? IMHO that's exactly what'll happen here, only in this case both those guys are injury prone and not just Oden.

14. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Honestly, I would have loved to see that deal go down. I am one of those people who thinks that Amare will opt in to his contract next year ($17M is too much to pass up, nobody will offer him that much in the offseason, and if he can help the Rockets win games, it would give him more reason to stay).

BUT with an injury history like his, you cannot afford to take him on without a physical. Some shady **** Steve Kerr is trying to pull. Morey is too smart for that.

We have a logjam at swingman and are thin up front. The fact is, somebody has to go. Probably nobody wants Ariza's contract, we are not trading Kevin Martin. So either Battier or Bud has to go. Don't get me wrong, I love Battier, but given his age and friendly contract (given how great his impact is), he is probably the one we should be trading (as we would be able to extract good value for him).

15. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Do you consider yourself smart?

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Morey probably wanted him to see if he would sign here again, or we would have his sign and trade rights in a very important offseason.

Bosh for instance.

DD

17. opticon

opticon Member

Morey is playing this like a pimp. He knows he can make that same deal during the summer but with better terms. Amare is our fall back plan if we cant get Bosh via sign and trade.

Houston is a great sign and trade destination for players looking to get paid. Not only do we have good assets to offer the trade partner team. We also have no state tax which means more money in the players pocket.

Florida is the only other state brings that to the table. And it has all ready been proven that the heat really have nothing Toronto and the suns want.

The only wild card is if Orlando tries to get into the mix and tires to offer some of the players they have in a sign and trade.

With the cba right around the corner this will be the last major payday as nba player know it.

Believe me players will be chasing those green backs.

18. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

1- How did the trades goes from Hickson+ Big I + drafts become Battier + Scola +draft? It goes from a budding PF and a veteran center with a huge expiring to a veteran SF and a veteran PF with small expiring.

2- There is no need for the physical to be done within the trade dateline, if the physical fails, the trade is then cancle ala Tyson Chandler.

So this 'trade" that is rumored around sounds just too fishy for me. Anyway, I rather have a big defensive big than Amare or Bosh or whoever. Someone like Okafor or even a Zaza is better than a big name PF that plays soft and with no D.