1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The all-encompassing Carmelo Anthony thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jan 19, 2011.

1. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

I would think so as well. But, why would his agent push to re-engage talks with the Bulls??

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Probably scare for their life now that Prokhorov no doubt has all manners of Russian hit men after them.

3. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

seriously though.. too much shenanigans by the nuggets... Now they are going to get shafted, they should have taken the best deal once Melo said he wouldn't re-sign with Denver....

4. Cheerio

Cheerio Member

The Nuggets screwed themselves on this. They were asking for too much and in the end they are going to get LeBron'd. They actually deserve it, though.

5. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

More rumors now about him going to Chi-town, more BS imo. Isn't the whole purpose of an agent to work in your clients interests? Melo wants to go to NY, his agent should be working on a deal to send him there.

I just gained some respect for the Nets walking away from this deal.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That is not likely to be enough.They may not even be able to make it to the playoffs without Melo. Even if they do,Shane/Brooks won't be able to stop the Lakers etc.

7. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

Ujiri is such an incompetent GM.. they had a deal set up and he got greedy and wanted more. What kind of person does that?

8. ThaShark316_28

"Give us the Melo, or you will not be the happy. Make your decide."

1 person likes this.
  9. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

So the Nets finally dumped Carmelo? Good for them. His cheating heart is with someone else anyway.

10. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Glad Nuggets got screwed. They are who I thought they were.

11. devilsdandruff

12. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

You mean the 30 yr old owner and the GM who is only a few years older than that were "extremely upset"? I bet they are down at the bar right now hitting on married chicks and trying to pick a fight.

13. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

In all seriousness, I'm not sure why the Nuggets didn't take the Nets offer. They knew what the market was for Melo and no doubt had already heard a great deal of trade offers so they had an idea of the worth they were getting. They might want more, but the market is what it is. I can't fathom anyone else was giving more than the Nets. It just boggles my mind...

14. gah

gah Member

Yes, the Nuggets got over-indulgent, but my guess is that Russian Marc Cuban took this decision after having conviction that Melo was going to say no, this way he gets to save face.

I hope the Nyets don't go out and make a trade before us, they still are the best equiped to make something big happen.

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

The Rockets might have a real chance here. They've openly said they would trade for him without an extension and that helps a lot. Seems like they have to deal with NY because he won't sign an extension elsewhere. Well, Houston will take that risk. Watch Morey pull something out of his sleeve on this one...

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...ets.carmelo.deal.off/index.html#ixzz1BXwsMOC5

17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Rookie GM and hotshot young owner not knowing what they're doing. They acted like they were trading Michael Jordan.

Still, deal is probably not dead.

18. HombreDeHierro

LOL

i bet they were like "Oh the Nets don't want him"

"****! ... :mad: "

:...."

"Who cares we're rich!"

19. underrated015

underrated015 Member

suck it denver for being greedy, insert morey for lowballing.

20. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Yeah he would be a good fit in Houston. A team that just beat his favorite Knicks by the way. In a conference where Kobe Bryant and Duncan only have a good year or two left in them. He could dominate. Oh well? He wants to go over there where Lebron, Wade, and Bosh will knock his team out every year for the next decade. Thats his decision. Heat and Orlando are still young though.