1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The 9/11 Connection- by Deroy Murdock

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by johnheath, Apr 7, 2003.

1. johnheath

johnheath Member

http://www.nationalreview.com/murdock/murdock040303.asp

I want to post this information once more so people who truly want to understand the current Iraqi conflict can arm themselves with good information.

There is a link between what happened on 9/11 and the Iraqi government. The fact remains- the leader of the Al Queda highjackers met with an Iraqi intelligence officer in Prague two months before the attack. Nobody can deny this fact, and THAT IS A LINK.

When guilty white pseudointellectuals like MacBeth, Batman Jones, Glynch, etc. are allowed to frame this debate with their lies and disinformation, everybody loses. I have complete contempt (intellectually, not personally) for a person like MacBeth who claims to loves academia, but then only seeks out information that suits his preconceived bias.

ALL debate about Iraq must start with the following facts.

1. There is a clear and irrefutable link between Iraq and the 9/11 tragedy. Atta met with Iraqi intelligence in the months leading up to the attack. As Trader Jorge might say- CASE CLOSED.

2. Iraq has never cooperated fully with the cease fire agreement of the Gulf War, so technically, the 1991 Gulf War has not ended.

3. The UN determined that Iraq possessed significant WMD in 1998, and the UN inspectors were sent back into Iraq last year to verify that Iraq had either destroyed the WMD, or could account for the WMD. THE UN INSPECTORS WERE NOT SENT TO IRAQ TO FIND ANY WMD.

4. UN resolution 1441 demanded that Iraq comply fully with the United Nations, or face "dire consequences". The entire world knew this meant WAR. The fact is that we are completely authorized legally to remove Saddam from power based on the 1991 Gulf War cease fire agreement and resolution 1441.

Any debate that does not recognize these facts is a useless exercise.

April 3, 2003, 2:40 p.m.
    The 9/11 Connection
    What Salman Pak could reveal.

ot far from Baghdad, Coalition forces may uncover evidence linking Saddam Hussein's regime with airline hijackings in general and the September 11 attacks in particular.

Salman Pak, a training camp on the Tigris River some 15 miles southeast of Iraq's capital, could clarify this question. According to Iraqi defectors and U.S. intelligence analysts, this is where Hussein's agents polished the air-piracy skills of foreign Islamist terrorists.

Details on this facility and its al Qaeda ties recently emerged in a Manhattan federal courtroom. Former CIA Director James Woolsey and Iraq scholar Laurie Mylroie offered sworn expert testimony in a largely overlooked lawsuit filed by the families of two people killed on 9/11. They are suing Iraq's government, among other rogue entities and individuals, for allegedly helping to murder their loved ones.

"I believe it is definitely more likely than not that some degree of common effort in the sense of aiding or abetting or conspiracy was involved here between Iraq and the al Qaeda," Woolsey said on March 3. President Clinton's CIA chief from 1993 to 1995 added: "Even if one cannot show that...any of the individual 19 hijackers were trained at Salman Pak, the nature of the training and the circumstances suggest, to my mind, at least, some kind of common aiding, abetting, assistance, cooperation — whatever word you might want to take."

Mylroie, a Pentagon terrorism consultant and Iraq-policy adviser to Bill Clinton's 1992 presidential campaign (and author of The War Against America), also testified March 3. She believes "It took a state like Iraq to carry out an attack as really sophisticated, massive and deadly as what happened on September 11."

Top Iraqi defectors amplify these American suspicions.

"There have been several confirmed sightings of Islamic fundamentalists from Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Gulf states being trained in terror tactics at the Iraqi intelligence camp at Salman Pak," Khidir Hamza, Iraq's former nuclear-weapons chief, told the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee last July 31. "The training involved assassination, explosions and hijacking."

"This camp is specialized in exporting terrorism to the whole world," former Iraqi army captain Sabah Khodada told PBS's Frontline in an October 14, 2001 interview. Khodada worked at Salman Pak. He said that instruction there was "all for the general concept of hitting and attacking American targets and American interests." He added: "We saw people getting trained to hijack airplanes...They are even trained how to use utensils for food, like forks and knives provided in the plane...They are trained how to plant horror within the passengers by doing such actions." A map of the camp Khodada drew for Frontline closely matches satellite photos of the base, thus bolstering his story.

"I was the security officer in charge of the unit," at Salman Pak, an ex-Iraqi lieutenant general told Frontline anonymously in a November 6, 2001 interview. "This unit was under the direct supervision and control of the Iraqi Intelligence Service," he added. "And the fact that the training was concentrated on a plane made it even stranger as far as I was concerned."

Iraq's U.N. ambassador, Mohammed Aldouri, denied this to Frontline that October 29. "I am lucky that I know the area, this Salman Pak. This is a very beautiful area with gardens, with trees," Aldouri said. "It is not possible to do such a program there, because there's no place for planes."

Oddly enough, that satellite photo shows no rose bushes. But clearly evident is the Russian-built Tupolev 154 airliner on which these Iraqi emigres report hijackings were rehearsed.

"We were told it was for counterterrorist training," former U.N. weapons inspector Charles Duelfer said in the Scotsman newspaper on February 18. "We automatically knocked off the word 'counter.'" Duelfer and his team saw the jet on a January 1995 visit.

Meanwhile, in a February 24 letter to James Beasley, Jr., the attorney in the aforementioned lawsuit, Czech U.N. Ambassador Hynek Kmonicek affirms an October 26, 2001 statement by Czech Interior Minister Stanislav Gross: "In this moment we can confirm, that during the next stay of Mr. Muhammad Atta in the Czech Republic there was the contact with the official of the Iraqi intelligence, Mr. Al Ani, Ahmed Khalin Ibrahim Samir, who was on 22nd April 2001 expelled from the Czech Republic on the basis of activities which were not compatible with the diplomatic status." Atta flew from Virginia Beach, Virginia to Prague on April 7, 2001. Car-rental records place him in the Czech capitol the next day. He flew home to Florida that April 9.

"If he [Atta] goes there and meets with an Iraqi intelligence officer, and then turns right around and comes right back, it looks an awful lot to me like it was an operational meeting," Woolsey said in court. "Certainly he and Mr. Al-Ani were unlikely to be discussing or looking at the lovely architecture of Medieval Prague."

Czech officials sent Al-Ani packing just two weeks after his meeting with Atta when they caught the Iraqi casing and photographing Radio Free Europe's Prague headquarters, some believe in hopes of bombing it.

Iraq also is tied to the February 26, 1993 World Trade Center bombing. Chief conspirator Ramzi Yousef reached America bearing an Iraqi passport, although he fled to Pakistan on a Pakistani passport issued to one Abdul Basit Karim, a Pakistani-born resident of Kuwait whose identity Mylroie surmises that Yousef assumed, perhaps with the help of Iraqi intelligence agents who had access to immigration files before U.S. and allied forces drove them from Kuwait.

For his part, Indiana-born and Iraqi-reared Abdul Rahman Yasin — indicted for mixing the chemicals in the bomb that shook the Twin Towers, killing six and injuring roughly 1,000 people — returned to Iraq after the explosion, stopping first at the Iraqi embassy in Amman, Jordan. He lived freely in Baghdad for a year. Iraqi officials say they have kept him in custody since 1994, though they neither have prosecuted him nor extradited him to face American justice.

Also, according to the State Department's "Patterns of Global Terrorism — 2001,"released May 21, 2002, "Iraq was the only Arab-Muslim country that did not condemn the September 11 attacks against the United States." That day, an official Iraqi broadcast said America was "...reaping the fruits of [its] crimes against humanity."

Some have dismissed the notion that supposedly secular Saddam Hussein would conspire with Muslim extremists like Osama bin Laden and the men of al Qaeda. Woolsey and Mylroie note that Hussein sometimes embraces Islam for political purposes. The Iraqi flag, for instance, has borne the Arabic words Allahu akbar ("God is great") since 1991, the year Hussein lost Gulf War I. Terrorists often invoke this Islamic incantation before blowing themselves apart. Whatever their differences on Heaven, Hussein and bin Laden share a common foe on Earth: America.

Said Woolsey, "I've used the analogy a number of times about the Iraqi government and al Qaeda as being like two Mafia families who hate each other, kill each other's members from time to time, insult one another, but are still capable of cooperating against what they consider to be a greater enemy — namely, us."

Are these apparent ties tough to prove? You bet. Iraq's work with homicidal zealots does not resemble a municipal bond deal, with contracts registered at City Hall. As Woolsey noted, "This is putting together pieces of a puzzle in which quite likely both parties are doing everything they can to keep these pieces from being fitted together."

So why has the Bush administration not highlighted these ominous connections? One theory is that showcasing pre-9/11 evidence of Salman Pak might make people wonder why nothing was done about it before the atrocity. Another view is that federal officials who implemented President Clinton's light touch towards Iraq are in no hurry to remind Americans of how foolish their policy was.

In either case, we soon may know much more about Salman Pak — assuming it has not been thoroughly sanitized. Baghdad's liberation should snap open government file cabinets and loosen captured officials' tongues. Before long, they may reveal the extent of Saddam Hussein's complicity in the September 11 massacre.

— Mr. Murdock is a columnist with the Scripps Howard News Service.

2. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

So, what's the status on Salman Pak? Is it under Coalition Control yet? If it's 15 miles outside of Baghdad, it seems like they should be there already.

3. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

"Good information" from the National Review?

The National Review is as unbiased as Al-Jazeera.

Next you'll probably post an article from the Phillip Morris Foundation extolling the health benefits of cigarette smoking!:D

4. JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze Member

LOL :D

5. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I didn't realize that MacBeth, Batman Jones, and Glynch were white. Does that matter?:confused:

6. johnheath

johnheath Member

Really, I don't expect your ilk to address the facts. Carry on.

7. RocketMan Tex

Your wouldn't know a fact if it bit you on your bo-bo. You have the eyesight of a bat, and the mimicry ability of a parrot. Carry on.

8. Heretic

Heretic Member

Let's throw the shortbus in reverse for a minute here.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you that everything the national review prints has a very strong conservative bias because you already know that. However, you're the same person that labels all information from liberal sources as lies and propaganda.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

"I believe it is definitely more likely than not that some degree of common effort in the sense of aiding or abetting or conspiracy was involved here between Iraq and the al Qaeda," Woolsey said on March 3. President Clinton's CIA chief from 1993 to 1995 added: "Even if one cannot show that...any of the individual 19 hijackers were trained at Salman Pak, the nature of the training and the circumstances suggest, to my mind, at least, some kind of common aiding, abetting, assistance, cooperation — whatever word you might want to take."

"I believe it is definitely more likely than not", and," the nature of the training and the circumstances suggest, to my mind, at least, some kind of aiding abetting, assistance, cooperatation-whatever word you might want to take"

are not FACTS.

I hope you don't go into a courtroom defending yourself with statements like that. When the FACTS, come out about Iraq's involvement, if they ever do, we won't need you to inform us. But these aren't FACTS.

10. johnheath

johnheath Member

Leave my bo-bo out of this.

Tell me Tex and PGA, would you care to address the FACT that Atta met with Iraqi Intelligence, and then prompty returned to the U.S. to put together and executed the plan for 9/11?

The fact that none of you Bush haters will address this exposes your illogical and biased opinions about this war. Your hatred of our President has clouded your common sense.

11. RocketMan Tex

Show me the PROOF that makes it a FACT.

Your hatred of our President has clouded your common sense.

Your blind allegiance to pResident Bush and your parroting of everything this administration espuses makes me think you are completely incapable of any independent thought whatsoever.

12. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Good post...

Don't worry about the liberals mouthing off...:rolleyes:

They don't know any better...:p

13. Heretic

Heretic Member

High degree of sophistication using boxcutters. The report left that out.

14. johnheath

johnheath Member

....and there you have it.

Your attitude is what makes this BBS a joke in relation to political debate. I have posted 4 + articles about the testimony of Czech Republic Intelligence officials, and I know you have participated in several of the threads.

You mind numb emotional hysterical self loathing Bush hating lefties think nothing of espousing crazy irrational conspiricy theories (ex- blood for oil), and dismiss any article you find disagreeable.

I am going back to the New York Times bbs for politics. At least there the lefties have a modicum of common sense.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If he [Atta] goes there and meets with an Iraqi intelligence officer, and then turns right around and comes right back, it looks an awful lot to me like it was an operational meeting," Woolsey said in court. "Certainly he and Mr. Al-Ani were unlikely to be discussing or looking at the lovely architecture of Medieval Prague."

Heath,

You are projecting.