1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The 8th Man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BaselineFade, Mar 5, 2019.

1. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

So House is out?

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I like House, but it seems like Morey isn't.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Agreed. Johnson and Anderson were the end of our rotation and both proved unplayable. Moute also fell out due to injury problems. Due couldn't finish a layup anymore.

joshuaao and HP3 like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

why is someone going to be out? house isn't even on the official playoff roster atm and yet hes apparently somehow ahead of rivers but rivers is much more important

don grahamleone likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

harden specifically citing shumpert back in the rotation tonight

HP3 and don grahamleone like this.
  6. biff17

biff17 Member

You tell me what the big deal is.

Why did you feel the need to post that article when the poster said he had a deep rotation in the playoffs last year?

Nobody said he would have a 10 man rotation.

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I dare anyone to try to keep Gerald Green out of the lineup on a championship run... dude was born to contribute to a chip in HTown.

8. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

They still need Danuel House to be the starting SF, no matter how the rest of the rotations shake out.

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Calling it now, it will be 9 man rotation.

Hakeemtheking and BaselineFade like this.
  11. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I posted the article as a point of reference. It was in response to a criticism I received. It was knee jerk.

It wasn’t meant as a slight or insult regarding MDA. I made a tongue and cheek comment and it was misunderstood.

Last year our 3 main rotation guys from bench were supposed to be EG, Luc, Ryno. With Nene and GG getting spot minutes.

I used the word “consistent” in regards to minutes for our bench players because matchups may determine who plays on a given night. I wanted you alls opinion on who you believe will CONSISTENT minutes as the 8th player. I’m talking consistent minutes and not SPOT minutes.

12. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Shump has to be in the rotation. It's pretty sad when a 6'5" 210 guy is the most size we can throw out there for a wing 3D guy (not counting Tucker, though he's only 6'5" too). But he's been quite solid in Sacramento this year playing out of position at the 3.

My ideal 8-man rotation would include House and drop Rivers to the 9th guy, but I don't think he's coming back.

BaselineFade likes this.
  13. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Agreed with the matchup takes. Nene is in if another wide body is opposing us. Green is going to get a couple minutes (and a couple shots) somewhere in the rotation, if he's hot he stays. If he's off he sits. Shumpert, idk, I guess the team has more faith in him coming back from the knee or whatever. Clark is indeed probably the last man in but more efforts like last night shouldn't hurt. He's got a decent 3 shot, he just hesitated a few times last night but his defense was clamps. I think you can trust him for 10 minutes a game.

It's really just matchups and who is making shots that night.

BaselineFade likes this.