1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The 8 teams that will make the Playoffs at the end of the year are in it right now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Feb 8, 2012.

1. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

We will have a better picture of our roster after the trade deadline, my prediction is that we miss the playoffs and get the 14th pick again.

2. Miracles Boys33

yea we do need him but i'm talking about the bear. ever since we got him he really helped us big time because before we had no center and we got tired of seeing hill and scola get dominated in the paint. with the bear hes been grabbing rebounds,blocking shots and a good shooter

3. onreego

onreego Member

Greg Smith?

The west is a little harder to predict than the east. i.e. the last 4 spots are 14-11 and Minny is right on our tail. They could possibly kick us down and out of the playoffs. Yeah I went there.

4. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

off topic, but can someone tell me what section the red rowdies sit in. I am going up to Houston for the game against the T-Pups and would like to sit in that area or near them.

5. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

TWolves are the most inconsistent of the bunch, Utah's a fraud, Portland and Memphis should be there at the end fighting with the Rockets for the last 2 spots, assuming Denver doesn't tank from injuries.

6. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

No one knows what will happen at the trade deadline...but the only teams I fear in the West are OKC because of their tremendous talent level and LAL because of Koby and Bynum. We can compete against any/all of the others.

7. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

The teams are so bunched together 6-10 that it's a little foolish to making this call right now. All of those teams are a three game losing streak from being back under .500. Besides, I'm far more interested in how that seeding works out in the East.

8. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Rockets will be out, Jazz will be in and maybe Memphis / Minnesota will knock another team out.

1 person likes this.
  9. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

This..

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Too early with too many aches to play er games to play. As for the Rockets and as for the competitors for the last play-off spots and seats in Secaucus? I'll take a closer look 3/2/12.

11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Teams that overachieve like Minny rarely finish the season strong... I think they lose out to Portland...Team to watch is Jazz...Great inside toughness... Though I hate them, I can't deny that the future is bright for those sucka mfers....

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

13. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Something to note about Minny, for all the doubter's, is that they have had a ton of injuries this year forcing players in and out of their lineup. Which could explain their inconsistent play early on. Now that their healthy expect their level play to increase - they have won 6 out of their last 8 after all.

As for the Rockets, I don't think they'll make the playoffs. I still see them as the 9th or 10th best team in the west. Despite what the record may currently indicate..

14. Mashing

Mashing Member

Yeah, the Rockets are going to lose too many close games down the stretch and finish just outside the top 8 IMO. Just don't have that go to scorer when you need a tough bucket.

15. ruhroh

ruhroh Member

LAC isn't in there? I'm with you but I would add LAC. Griffin and CP3 would prove way too much for our team.

16. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member

I agree, wee are not even half way through the shortened season.
    Also it always come down to the line in the west.

Just tired of being a mediocre team that is either outside of playoffs or looses in round 1.

17. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I see Minny sneaking in and taking either Portland's spot or ours. Even Denver can fall if they keep getting hurt.

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Why do you think Minnesota is overachieving?

19. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Playing .500 ball doesn't mean "you've arrived".... When you are a perennial losing franchise, a coaching change ignites your team sometimes.. They have to maintain it for a longer period , before shedding this label... So as of right now, they are overachieving.... Still too many questions... What are they going to do with Beasley?.. Will that center they have bring this kind of effort every night?... What happens when teams focus on shutting down Rubio?... IMO opinion, they resemble the Arean-led Washington Wizards...They were good, but overachieved...Nobody took them as a threat, and alot of those playoff seasons , people thought they were gonna suck... just my opinion

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

When the Wolves don't make the playoffs will you say Adelman sucks?