1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The 1-2 Pick and Pop

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kudos1017, May 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. kudos1017

kudos1017 Member

How do the Dubs defend the 1-2 Pick and Pop? I know they pride themselves on being able to switch everything, but is Curry included in those switches? I imagine they definitely switch when the shot clock is under 10s (a play we run a lot), but if they're switching guard-guard pick and pops it might be smart to start every halfcourt possession with Jet setting one for Beard, then spotting up.

Putting Steph on an island is the goal (and hopefully eventually getting him in foul trouble), but even if they don't switch, making him hedge and recover on defense a bunch could take a lot out of him, at the very least.

2. YallMean

YallMean Member

Are they going to double Harden like the other teams? Having Smith in there is going to be huge. I hope our front line will have a whale of series for us to have a chance. They should.

3. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

They'll probably switch on 1-4 pick and rolls as well. Can Green defend Harden 1v1? I'd like to see that along with an additional screen with Howard once they switch.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Dubs flop. Beware the flop.

Rocket River

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I wonder if they are gonna call illegal defense on Bogut this series , he didn't guard anyone in the last three games of the Memphis series , just camped out in the paint. That really caused Memphis a lot of trouble.

6. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

well i think the combination of Smith,Dwight and Jones trumps their bigs, Smoove is the key to this series. He just is.

7. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

I doubt Harden is that concerned with Bogut like he was with DJ.

8. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

He also is a well known flopper. Hopefully the refs watch out for this.

9. k-money

k-money Member

yeah, but klay is a better defender then redick

10. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

we shall see if klay is up to the task

11. kudos1017

kudos1017 Member

He's killing Klay but it looks like they're switching this too. Not a bad option to make Curry work

12. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

This is works every time.